type of projection screen

I would like to ask you which type of projection screen you recommend? Mat white ? Grey ? Reflection ?

2 Likes

In an normal lighted or especially dimmed room (Like the Sleeping room where I will use the PPM primarly) a white will be fine.

I tested the following Screen Samples with my Nebula Capsule II and an LG CineBeam PH150G:

As an result I bought that one with the MaxWhite Screen laying in the bottom right (before I learned that I cant use the PPM digital Zoom to shrink my HDMI Signal…:pensive:)

1 Like

I went for grey

So would the 80 angle grey in your box picture help to reduce the appearance of ambient light from very wide side angle on the screen?

Danke schön für deine Empfehlung!

1 Like

I’d be interested to know whether any current projector owners can recommend a screen (or a material that could stand in for a screen!) that can be packed away in a suitcase regularly, and is free of creases when you unfold it. This sounds impossible to me but various options on Amazon make such claims…

Ability to fold will always beat image quality for me, just as I will hardly be able to use it at all otherwise. Any experience you can share, anyone?

Huge thanks, community :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I ordered a gray screen with a narrow viewing angle but bright when viewed from the front

2 Likes

Do u have the halo effect if viewed directly from the front at projector level?

1 Like

Hey, the rule of thumb is - white for more brightness, grey for more contrast! The PPM is a bright projector so I’ll go with a grey one.

Cheers,

1 Like

Is there a rule of thumb what is bright? 500 Lumen? 5000 Lumen? :wink: Thanks

1 Like

Haha, good question what the optimum is in a pitch black environment :slight_smile: …but yeah, I’d always go for the grey screen as if you have anything more than 500 lemons and a dark room - you’re all good in terms of brightness, but contrast is another thing.

2 Likes

I have bought myself this one for outdoors. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&ved=2ahUKEwiumPHd94_nAhUHZMAKHXWeAdgQFjAKegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FVamvo-Outdoor-Projector-Foldable-Portable%2Fdp%2FB07C5FF51Q&usg=AOvVaw3fouw29OcvDSFPC2tEz8bx
Here is a little review:
https://youtu.be/ZI8fL83asTo

1 Like

where did you buy it? can you give me a link? Thanks!

I purchased this

1 Like

Do you think it has a better contrast as well? compare to a white one? Can you project to a white wall to compare it? Thanks in advance!

Now finaly in Action, PPM set to energy Mode and one (off course Philips Hue) dimmed bulb on.

2 Likes

:hot_face::hot_face: that brightness is similar to what I’m seeing on a white wall but holy moly I want a screen to provide that framing effect now. Nice install!

1 Like

If you have a choice, always go for more contrast first.

4 Likes

Yes there is: 14-16 ft L for dark room / home theatre. It depends on your screen size.

Use this calculator to calculate the ftL for your screen size.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’m trying to choose a decent projector canvas for outside use. Inside I’ll be projecting on a wall, but I have a big balcony and want to have a canvas I can use with Velcro, Clips, whatever… :slight_smile: Are there any decent budget options you’ve used and can recommend?