V1.0.32 (pre-1.1.0) now available for beta testing

@IvoGrijt noted. This was a rushed update with a release date announced already. Ideally we needed 1 more week to iron out the kinks after 1.0.32.

1 Like

No hard feelings (just soft ones :grin: )

You should take to your marketing team. They should only announce updates once itā€™s sure and stable. Oh well, I understand the feeling of both teams :joy:

1 Like

In this case they asked us a reasonable launch date, I said 7th of May :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Remember when I posted this:

Turns out it wasnā€™t the fan, but the light engine.

Iā€™ve tested with both chargers I have, the 15V4A capable PPM standard and another one thatā€™s 15V3A capable, with the same results.

Edit (2:45AM): The noise is gone, unplugging and replugging the power cable no longer has an effect. Difference: the battery is now full charged.
So I now think it might be a combination of the light engine going brighter, and the battery charging. Iā€™ll try some more settings and at a lower battery level again tomorrow to verify or repudiate these findings.

Edit (2:55AM): I was using wired headphones while watching a movie after my initial testing, and when I paused the movie to write the 2:45 edit, I noticed afterwards that there was a hum in the headphones. I unplugged the headphones, et voilĆ”! the noise was back. Plug them in, noise gone. So it seems to be a grounding or some other electrical whining that is picked up by the audio system, and being output by the speakers or the headphone jack (system volume does not affect the sound level of the noise). In the headphones as well as the speakers the sound only happens when plugged in, charge level and status do not have an effect on the noise, contrary to what I thought before.

Hi @IvoGrijt are you testing this on 1.1.0 or 1.0.32?

FW 1.1.0.

When I tested on 1.0.32, I never noticed this noise or behavior.

It wasnā€™t there before 1.1.0 @Philips_Support_P, Iā€™m pretty sure of that. Iā€™ll try this weekend to find time to finally roll back to 1.0.32 and test my memory.

@IvoGrijt the team is asking for adb logcat | grep adjfan output when the noise appears. Can you do it?

1 Like

How does the logging work, does it go back to the latest PPX boot?

I may even have a log from 1.0.32, Iā€™ll mail both grepā€™s to you.

yes its from last boot onwards.

1 Like

You have mail

1 Like