V1.1.03 now available for beta testing

Hi @Shahraiz I will get you the cable restore image of 1.0.32 which most likely came out of the factory on your unit. You can try that. I can confirm at least something changed in the recent autofocus APK after testing a regional china version of Max, the UI is glitchy.

3 Likes

Thanks @PhilipsEngineering, looking forward!

As for potential improvements:

1. The focus pattern is not very neatly illustrated so the lines are crooked, misaligned and glitchy (which may not contribute to the focus accuracy but looks unprofessional). As someone who has done many logos and illustrations, I can help you with this if needed.

2. The focus overlay is semi transparent not solid which leads to lower contrast based edge detection from the autofocus camera which is usually low resolution.

3. Perhaps when doing autofocus the projector should increase the sharpness and contrast settings for the duration of the autofocus process so detection accuracy can be increased. Once done it should go back to user settings.

Just my three cents :slight_smile: but how much you can do about this may be limited by whether this has been done in-house or by a vendor or another third party.

1 Like

Question about autofocus!

When using a HDMI source the test image is not shown so it makes me wonder how it actually determines the focus in the image?
Is the test image not used more for manual corrections for the user? Still i alwas need to manual adjust it and it’s abit annoying…
Projector is on a fixed tripod and i’m using a 80” wallmounted screen. So I guess turning off autofucus might be the solution for now!

This PPM was one of the earliesd shipped ones!

Could any one provide how sharp or unsharp the image should be on a 80” projection?

Just to give my own feedback: all 3 projectors I have at the moment autofocus just fine after the update to 1.1.03, be it started on demand with the button on the remote or by movement trigger.

Any update about this? Also does the Rockchip image flashing software also allow me to backup my existing device and go back to it later if I want to? Just curious because if so that would make it pretty handy and I won’t have to set all my apps up again.