Variable clock speed

Are You using the latest firmware ?
Ut should be same for us all right ?

could you show us screenshot of your ppm going below core speed 1296?

Yeah have no idea whatā€™s happening, mine is still stuck on 1296Mhz, have you tagged @Philips_Support_P yet? hopefully he can enlighten us on this topic, does video chip version have anything to do with this? just to verify mine is 20200106, if memory serves I remember reading there was some difference with the earlier productions

@Philips_Support_P

We all should have the same hardware
Why does no Philipā€™s staff comment on this

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

Hi all, the video chip version has nothing to do with CPU clock speed.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s it? come on donā€™t leave us hanging on like that

2 Likes

so whats the bottom line
the core speed should be 1296 constant?
but like someone mentioned above that see the core speed go to 400hmz and cpu load down to 7%
feels like its impossible when almost all have 1296 . ?

Hi @Carljohan_Selke, may I ask what impact it has on the projectorā€™s usage? We canā€™t discuss every technical detail or design decisions, unless it impacts customerā€™s satisfaction ā€” and then with the goal of improving user experience. Otherwise we will be debating every minute detail. Please understand.

2 Likes

If it is of any assistance, I think one reason I saw a lower CPU usage than others was that I put the remote down on a solid surface. It probably stops sending (or reduces the rate of) mouse movement messages when it does not move.

Even on a normal laptop it can cause a surprising increase in CPU use to just flail around with a mouse, moving a cursor rapidly across the screen.

1 Like

I have displayed the cpu frequency. I have indeed 400 MHz when doing nothing with 7% cpu usage. Do you notice a decreased battery life or a higher noise ? If not, then I would drop it. If yes, there is probably a technical explanation why you donā€™t have variable clock speed.

1 Like

Thanks i will test this

Im just curious if it suppose to be that thatā€™s all
And maybe if it was variable depending on load
Maybe it would save battery just an idea

@Philips_Support_P Well I suppose the effect on the projectorā€™s usage might be battery life. I would imagine a lower clock speed might prolong battery lifeā€¦