Working external battery pack?

It runs at up to 24v so it should be ok? 65w÷15v= 4.33a if my sums are right.

I had a closer look at the specs. I don’t see a USB Type-C port at all, and the USB Type-A ports don’t support anything above 12V/2.0A. I don’t have a lot of experience with USB-PD, but to my understanding NB ports don’t have USD-PD support so I don’t think you can use that.

2 Likes

IMHO it’s not that simple and battery/charger must support exact 15V@3A to run or 15V@4A to run and charge. Plain fact that it supports more Volts and Amperes does not guarantee anything

1 Like

Exactly. And most crucially, must be able to negotiate the USB-PD with the device. I have never seen that done with a non-USB port.

Yeah a google search for 15v@4a always turns up powerbanks or chargers for the surface pro, but they only have a dc output not USB-C

Cinema in bedroom:) I am testing right now my new Xiaomi mi powerbank pro 3 45W.
The PPM runs on it and chagres at the same time. 5% in about 20min. At first the battery was on 67%.

7 Likes

That’s awesome!! This would be normal brightness I guess (presentation sounds way too overkill for the bedroom scenario)?

Yes:)

1 Like

Bonjour,
Avez vous trouvé une batterie externe compatible ?

I can recommend this one:

Very cheap, but well built and works fine.

1 Like

Merci :slight_smile:

Is it enough for the PPM ? What do you think ?
Im thinking of order this power bank.

45W probably means 15V/3.0A, which should be good for almost any use case with the PPX. It’s not enough power for presentation mode and there’s not much power left for trickle charge when in normal mode. Otherwise is should be fine, as long as it negotiates with the PPX. Apparently it does, since he reported it as working.

It seems as if the 15V/3.0A battery packs are the best bet for most PPX users. There seems to be very few battery packs out there that support the 15V/4.0A of the PPX charger.

1 Like

What about this one ?
i want to pull the trigger on this but im afraid it wont work

1 Like

15V/3A is totaly enough to work and quite fast charge at the same time in normal mode. Tested by myself with xiaomi powerbank mi pro 45W

so the baseus will do the job ?

Yes, but you will not use it full power so I think better to buy cheaper 45W
https://m.pl.aliexpress.com/item/32976052401.html?pid=808_0016_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32976052401&aff_trace_key=989fe0dd97cf4e30b6a1f89a490b9337-1589481846575-05365-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=3552amp-CP_M-MMphAkVo7XiA4RSNw1590148982568&browser_id=29725b7ad00f4c34ab552dcf342e0b48&is_c=N

Just tried this one and it works! 21 Euros!

1 Like

Pretty sure this one should work, too bad they don’t sell a DC to USB C cable on their site as with that option both voltage and amp is adjustable , but never fear you can just plug your ppm power brick directly in to it’s full size wall outlet, too bad the price tag is on the high end and they don’t ship to Australia, but the rest of you might want to check it out, I think it’s great if you can get lots of other uses out of it besides the ppm.

https://www.omnicharge.co/products/omni-20/?fbclid=IwAR3wfJN2X9sEqr49kAuZdngOnqxBVNfPdgAx1yF5-5Er80oA1idO2cgZ1KQ#!

Well the goal for me is to extend to screen time in presentation mode to several hours if possible…