Working external battery pack?

I can now personally confirm that the ZMI QB823 works well on PPM.

In my lone test result using Normal mode, it lasted 4:55hrs with the powerbank and PPM both fully charged. The powerbank died around after 2 hours.

So that’s almost double the battery life but I think it’s possible to still make it longer if I used Energy mode while the powerbank is alive and switched to Normal mode after that. Remember, when plugged in, the brightness is noticeably brighter so in this case, the brightness would be quite consistent.

4 Likes

On your test did you use internal or HDMI source? Thanks

Internal. I guess it’ll be longer using external sources unless you also power them from PPM.

Does anyone tried this? https://iwalk.pl/produkt/powerbank-iwalk-furious-100w-26800mah-nocna-zielen/

I just purchased this external bank and works perfectly fine. I got it on a deal from Slickdeals for 39$ (but not sure if that deal is still is alive)

It supplies 60W PD through USB-C and charges my PPM. (I still have to test what is the total screen on-time with internal battery + Power Bank)

I understand there are other expensive more powerful banks like the ZMI but they are almost twice the price.For those who don’t mind spending a few extra bucks this is a great option too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N7Z6LSC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A30HYGGCHVCFDA&psc=1

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: PPM Power requirement

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ve just bought this battery pack with 20000mAh (which is enough for me) for just 20€ on amazon in Germany. It’s well built, works fine and comes with two cables, USB to micro USB/USB-C and USB-C to USB-C (like the PPM).

:wave: @zwometer
I bought exactly the same battery as you, working fine with PPM also for me but I’m really disapointed regarding the time it takes to fully charge the battery from 0 to 100% : it takes arround 10 hours !
The battery is connected with USB-C --> USB cable from Huawei to a quick chager from Huawei also, the one I use for my smartphone.
I’ve tried the one given with the battery pack from Omars but I have the impression that it charges even slower…
Is it the same for you ? If it’s faster, can you please describe how is the battery connected ? Which charger/usb cable do you use ?
Otherwise I guess I get a defective product
Thanks in advance for your answer

Hello there, I’ve just charged the battery pack with the charger and cable that comes with the PPM and it took less than 2 hours from 19% to 100%. I’ve just gotten it yesterday, so I have not yet used another charger.

1 Like

Just made the charging test with PPM charger and cable --> it’s a loooottt better !
Don’t know why I didn’t think about that before :sweat_smile:
Thanks a lot for your answer :hugs:

What do you think… Is this will work with PPMax. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flash-world-s-most-powerful-210w-usb-c-powerbank/x/22461069?secret_perk_token=63671eef#/

2 Likes

Hi how is this looking? still worth backing? I noticed it’s got an option to upgrade to 2.0, there is 21 hours left, hopefully you can give an update as I haven’t fully read this thread to know if there are any better options than this, thanks in advance.

Hi @ThunderStrk

Yes, the campaign is really near the end.
They have greatly improved specs for the 2.0 version… but it’s only specs :sunglasses:.
Now, I’ve discussed a lot with the tech team, and they assured me that it would work very well with PPM (but that’s only promises).
As their product is fully PPS compliant, that means it should adapt itself from what the equipment ask for energy in terms of voltage and ampere.
And now, with 2 USB-C ports, it has pass through ability, for example in order to power PPM and charge itself.

To conclude, specs are great and I hope the product will meet the expectations it generates :wink:.

Delivery in may for the 2.0… but it’s crowdfunding, and everyone here know that schedule is very rarely respected :blush:.
It’s backers’ life !

Thanks I totally understand crowdfunding and won’t hold any one to it, it’s on $149 now claiming to have 2 left, basically wanted to gauge your confidence that’s all, I’ll have to look in to the creators past campaigns and see how they delivered, also I’m still going through the over 80 replies here to see if anyone found anything better or equally promising, I’m more than interested in this because I totally think a good power bank is essential for the ppm

I think you shouldn’t bother with the « 2 left », it’s teasing !
But you should bother with the 21 hours left before the end of the campaign, because when it’ll be over, well, it will be over :sunglasses:

The price is really over a lot of 20000mAh we can found in Amazon or AliExpress, but I think, regarding specs, it should be one of the best power bank in the market.
It’s up to you to determine if it worth the price, based on your finances and your expectations.
On my side, I’ve already made my mind :+1:.

1 Like

Thanks for the link with the free cable , I just placed an order, or should I say made a contribution, placed a bet a gamble now hoping for the best as always

1 Like

wonder what people think of this one, https://www.realgrapheneusa.com/max

I’ve signed up for the Flash 2.0 also. Keen to see how it goes.

1 Like

@LLG So they are starting to send out address confirmation and Backerkit surveys, and it sucks this thing don’t come with a charger, just wanted to see if you’re thinking of getting their optional one at $65 or do you know of a cheaper alternative that’s equally good? I don’t mind the price if they gave more details for it

Hi @ThunderStrk,

After my discussion with the tech team, I’ve understood that the PPM charger will be slower that their 65$ one, but it will do the job fast enough for me (about 20/25min more, as I reckon).
Therefore my intention is not to buy their one and use the PPM one… which is already bought :wink:.
But I’ve taken their cable with magnetic head, for my Mac Book Air :wink:.

2 Likes