Working external battery pack?

That’s quick, and also awesome that it works! Same firmware version reported?

Amazon shipped a new one on Monday. Firmware is different, 3.18. AC output is less accurate though. The other copy would put 217V without a load, this gives just around 200 (although the oled just cheats and says 220). Good we have universal voltage power supplies.

Interesting that they have so many firmware versions. I’ve got to check with Goal Zero if they have a supported way of doing field upgrades…

Have you measured the output with a True RMS DMM? My unit measures quite close to 120VAC when the battery is full, definitely lower when the battery is close to empty.

As you say, universal AC input supplies makes this a moot point.

Charging whilst turned off it was drawing 54watts

1 Like

Hello,

Does anyone have a power bank that recharges the ppm?

Thanks!

hello @Bibil10,
you can find some suggestions here:

and some more general info on power requirement here:

Mario

Hi Mario,

For the first post it says that those one are not working, and second one that does’nt reply to my question.

Regards,

I have the Zendure supertank 100w output. I recharged my ppm last night from empty and it fully charged the projector with 18% left in the tank.

I also own this Allpowers powerbank which has about 4 times the capacity of the zendur and has high power usbc outlet
it also gives a readout of power being drawn and the ppm seems to pull about 54 watts

3 Likes

Hello guy’s,

I buy this one (see link below). it work very well with my ppm and for a very good price.

Omars Batterie Externe 24000mAh Grande Capacité Puissante 3 Sorties 45W USB C PD, USB A 18W & 12W Power Bank Portable en Aluminium pour iPhone MacBook Pro Nitendo Switch Téléphone Tablette Ordinateur Omars Batterie Externe 24000mAh Grande Capacité Puissante 3 Sorties 45W USB C PD, USB A 18W & 12W Power Bank Portable en Aluminium pour iPhone MacBook Pro Nitendo Switch Téléphone Tablette Ordinateur: Amazon.fr: High-tech

2 Likes

Helli Bibil10,

You have actually bought and used this battery ?

did you whilke projecteur was on and showing movie ? and did it charge PPM at the same time ?

Thanks a lot
Marc

Hi Mfayard,

Yes It charge during the use of ppm.

See pic

1 Like

I can now personally confirm that the ZMI QB823 works well on PPM.

In my lone test result using Normal mode, it lasted 4:55hrs with the powerbank and PPM both fully charged. The powerbank died around after 2 hours.

So that’s almost double the battery life but I think it’s possible to still make it longer if I used Energy mode while the powerbank is alive and switched to Normal mode after that. Remember, when plugged in, the brightness is noticeably brighter so in this case, the brightness would be quite consistent.

4 Likes

On your test did you use internal or HDMI source? Thanks

Internal. I guess it’ll be longer using external sources unless you also power them from PPM.

Does anyone tried this? https://iwalk.pl/produkt/powerbank-iwalk-furious-100w-26800mah-nocna-zielen/

I just purchased this external bank and works perfectly fine. I got it on a deal from Slickdeals for 39$ (but not sure if that deal is still is alive)

It supplies 60W PD through USB-C and charges my PPM. (I still have to test what is the total screen on-time with internal battery + Power Bank)

I understand there are other expensive more powerful banks like the ZMI but they are almost twice the price.For those who don’t mind spending a few extra bucks this is a great option too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N7Z6LSC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A30HYGGCHVCFDA&psc=1

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: PPM Power requirement

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ve just bought this battery pack with 20000mAh (which is enough for me) for just 20€ on amazon in Germany. It’s well built, works fine and comes with two cables, USB to micro USB/USB-C and USB-C to USB-C (like the PPM).

:wave: @zwometer
I bought exactly the same battery as you, working fine with PPM also for me but I’m really disapointed regarding the time it takes to fully charge the battery from 0 to 100% : it takes arround 10 hours !
The battery is connected with USB-C --> USB cable from Huawei to a quick chager from Huawei also, the one I use for my smartphone.
I’ve tried the one given with the battery pack from Omars but I have the impression that it charges even slower…
Is it the same for you ? If it’s faster, can you please describe how is the battery connected ? Which charger/usb cable do you use ?
Otherwise I guess I get a defective product
Thanks in advance for your answer

Hello there, I’ve just charged the battery pack with the charger and cable that comes with the PPM and it took less than 2 hours from 19% to 100%. I’ve just gotten it yesterday, so I have not yet used another charger.

1 Like