Working external battery pack?

Just made the charging test with PPM charger and cable --> it’s a loooottt better !
Don’t know why I didn’t think about that before :sweat_smile:
Thanks a lot for your answer :hugs:

What do you think… Is this will work with PPMax. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flash-world-s-most-powerful-210w-usb-c-powerbank/x/22461069?secret_perk_token=63671eef#/

2 Likes

Hi how is this looking? still worth backing? I noticed it’s got an option to upgrade to 2.0, there is 21 hours left, hopefully you can give an update as I haven’t fully read this thread to know if there are any better options than this, thanks in advance.

Hi @ThunderStrk

Yes, the campaign is really near the end.
They have greatly improved specs for the 2.0 version… but it’s only specs :sunglasses:.
Now, I’ve discussed a lot with the tech team, and they assured me that it would work very well with PPM (but that’s only promises).
As their product is fully PPS compliant, that means it should adapt itself from what the equipment ask for energy in terms of voltage and ampere.
And now, with 2 USB-C ports, it has pass through ability, for example in order to power PPM and charge itself.

To conclude, specs are great and I hope the product will meet the expectations it generates :wink:.

Delivery in may for the 2.0… but it’s crowdfunding, and everyone here know that schedule is very rarely respected :blush:.
It’s backers’ life !

Thanks I totally understand crowdfunding and won’t hold any one to it, it’s on $149 now claiming to have 2 left, basically wanted to gauge your confidence that’s all, I’ll have to look in to the creators past campaigns and see how they delivered, also I’m still going through the over 80 replies here to see if anyone found anything better or equally promising, I’m more than interested in this because I totally think a good power bank is essential for the ppm

I think you shouldn’t bother with the « 2 left », it’s teasing !
But you should bother with the 21 hours left before the end of the campaign, because when it’ll be over, well, it will be over :sunglasses:

The price is really over a lot of 20000mAh we can found in Amazon or AliExpress, but I think, regarding specs, it should be one of the best power bank in the market.
It’s up to you to determine if it worth the price, based on your finances and your expectations.
On my side, I’ve already made my mind :+1:.

1 Like

Thanks for the link with the free cable , I just placed an order, or should I say made a contribution, placed a bet a gamble now hoping for the best as always

1 Like

wonder what people think of this one, https://www.realgrapheneusa.com/max

I’ve signed up for the Flash 2.0 also. Keen to see how it goes.

1 Like

@LLG So they are starting to send out address confirmation and Backerkit surveys, and it sucks this thing don’t come with a charger, just wanted to see if you’re thinking of getting their optional one at $65 or do you know of a cheaper alternative that’s equally good? I don’t mind the price if they gave more details for it

Hi @ThunderStrk,

After my discussion with the tech team, I’ve understood that the PPM charger will be slower that their 65$ one, but it will do the job fast enough for me (about 20/25min more, as I reckon).
Therefore my intention is not to buy their one and use the PPM one… which is already bought :wink:.
But I’ve taken their cable with magnetic head, for my Mac Book Air :wink:.

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks for the tip, so you already got the survey? I haven’t yet

When I’ll receive it, I’ll see if I’m as brilliant as you says :wink:.

And yes, I backed it as soon as I received my PPM at the end of January (backer under 300 for Flash).
They have done 2 wave, if I remember right.
As I upgraded to v2.0, the ETA is May.

2 Likes

I’ve going with the flash 2.0. I also got a Chargic on kickstarter, as a charging hub.

1 Like

And how much was your perk back then? All these perks and number of backer they claim can’t be trusted, it says the flash indiegogo perk has 29 backers when the early adopter is still available, why would anyone back a perk that’s dearer when the same thing can be had for cheaper? It’s silly

I’ve looked at the chargic , but that for me will be $69 including shipping plus it’s only 100W and charges 4 device at once versus the Chargeasap at 120W 5 devices at $65 , and the chargic ships in June at the earliest

1 Like

I couldn’t find a 120w with chargeasap, they seem to only sell at 45w. Maybe it’s sold out.

Oh really, was this from filling out the survey and going through the available add ons? Because I still haven’t received the survey yet only going by their latest update which lists the 120W charger and cables etc, no mention of a 45W charger there

@ThunderStrk
I backed it at 139$ (without secret perk), 154$ with shipping.
The number of backer is now 5202.

@ThunderStrk & @Dwhassan
The 120w charger is this one :
https://chargeasap.com/products/120w-usb-c-laptop-qc-3-0-wall-charger
In the add-in section of Backerkit, the price is 65$ instead of 118$ directly on their website (where the price was 65$ for a while before going up).
And last thing : I’ve tried to go again through the survey and I can still choose the 120w charge at 65$ :+1:t2:.

1 Like

I had a look, but it comes in at AUD213 for that chargeasap. I’ll stick with the chargic.