Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play

Same streaming settings for both apps? :thinking:
If so, interesting…

On the Android TV app I can’t change video quality settings, in fact not much can be done in settings so it’s just left on what default is, maybe it self adjusts based on network speed?
On the other app I had it at best.

1 Like

I’ve also gone over to using the Amazon Prime app for Android TV. I find the navigation a bit limited du to the more restricted options mentioned by @ThunderStrk and because it won’t take any input from an attached keyboard, so you have to do the single letter selection dance any time you want to input anything (even username and password), which I find annoying. But I can see what @ThunderStrk means with easier navigation, moving around just using the remote control it is indeed a bit easier than on the other app or on netflix - although adding series to your watch list seems to require the mouse again, since the “green” (?) button required to do that exists on TV remote controls, but not on ours. :wink:

I do occasionally get the weird issue with the app not playing content claiming that something is wrong with the HDMI-input, but then I just select the same thing again and it usually works.

Main reason I’m sticking to the TV app now is that I don’t have any issues with stuttering playback and quality loss that I still get on the regular app. I’ll check the regular app occasionally for improvements, as I’d actually like to use that app. But when I checked this weekend with the latest version, playback was choppy right from the beginning and then dropped to something like SD resolution.

2 Likes

Have you tried changing the interface of the TV app?

Since that’s about the only thing which requires the mouse I find the TV app a lot easier as the regular app needs it for just about everything,

That’s the only bug that I have came across as well but not a big deal just like you a second attempt gets it going

For me the playback on the regular app was never choppy, it was always smooth but always on SD resolution as you said or 720p at best,

So far the only advantage I see with the regular app is the ability to download for offline playback, although it’s a feature I don’t mind having but it’s not crucial at all, plus what resolution will it download at? I haven’t tried it so others might want to fill in, but I rather not download a lower resolution of any video unless that’s the only available source and there are no other choice, and overall I really think this Tv app should be promoted more than the regular app as I feel it will give users a better experience not just with the app but for the PPM it self, or promoted here as an alternative at least.

1 Like

You can set the download quality (and perhaps also the resolution with it):

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by this and for which app? as in Tv interface of tablet interface?

1 Like

Yep, that’s exactly what I meant.

I’ll have another look, but I do remember at least selecting best for streaming quality, if download quality can be 1080p then both apps are worth keeping and used for different purposes

You mean for the regular app? does it have that option?

All apps can be changed, whether they then work properly is another thing.

Normal is with a touch interface, like on a phone or tablet, for which you’d need the mouse.

1 Like

Hello guys,

anyone notice Prime video is not working? Does not load even the preview picture…

Any suggestion? I already re enter all the id credit…and same story…

thanks

Hi @renato please uninstall it, and then re-install it from Aptoide store.

1 Like

Hi, in the Prime app my AirMote mouse is not working, anyone has a fix to this?

Are you using the pre-installed version of the app? Or did you update it yourself? What is the version number exactly?

Well the preinstalled one stopped working so I had to re install it.

Not sure of the version will have to check

If you go to any app on your home screen, you can open the context menu for it by pressing the button rightmost of the Home button (the one with ≡ on it). In the image below I’ve done so for the app Aptoide TV, which then shows the version number on the Context menu

i too had prime video issue and uninstall the stock app and installing this one worked for me.
it still hangs sometimes but will make a more proper run through.

1 Like

I had this problem as well. Uninstalled and downloaded v 3.0.268.28457 from Aptoide and issue was resolved. Didn’t have to clear cache, reboot, etc. Cheers