Australia & New Zealand

@Philips_Support_N Please follow through on your commitments and send these 700 units to AU/NZ. It sounds like you need to open each box, add our power plug adapter (an additional ‘head’), and stick our shipping addresses on them. This will be a little annoying for you, yes, but welcome to our world. We have been “next” in your shipping priority list since January 4.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_N surely you should follow through on your commitment to the AU/NZ backers with those 700 units then?
I’m a bit over following this to be honest. You should be sticking to your original “official” announcements and then getting all backer orders shipped as a priority in the most logical order - not folding to backlash of comments on a forum from any regions (that includes the Au/nzgroup). Anyone who thought these were going ship in numerical order were kidding themselves anyway. You don’t send out units 1 at a time you send batches so ignore all those complaints.

We are going to be talking a 6 month difference between first and last shipment at this rate! No wonder you are getting fault complaints already they’ve had there’s for months!

1 Like

I don’t think what you are doing of sending the the replacement units first before AU/NZ is the right thing to do. We have been promised shipment since the first week of January and we are still third in your queue of shipment? We have been more than patient with this matter and I reckon we also deserve to get our units. It seems like we are the last part of the world to receive our units and their are just 700+ of us not by the 1000s.

I think it’s fine if they send the replacements to the UK, EU and US, there’s only 70 or something. Then give them a few days to build a couple hundred more to fill the entire AU/NZ order which they’ll send in one shipment. Not sure if it affects DHL flights but yesterday the Australian government announced another 2 week ban on direct flights from mainland china. So when (or if) they reopen factories on the 24th they might not be allowed to fly the units here anyway.

1 Like

I’m not against them shipping replacement for faulty units but as the shipping is so displaced now it probably should be taking a backseat to be honest. They’ve got 1000s of paying backers orders to fill…

1 Like

When you read that there are units being defective / needing replacement, wouldn’t you rather wait for units that are made without these issues (since they can identify the issues and prevent them in new batches)?

Also, like @John_Lewis said, even if they have units to send, they might not be able to send them to you anyways. This whole covd19 outbreak has disrupted so much and will continue to do so for a long time. You’ll have to be patient in general, not just with this order.

2 Likes

My only concern is that they would send the 70 replacement units, the remaining 4000 units to EU and then they ship AU/NZ when they always say we are next for shipping when clearly we are not. I know nothing is being shipped from HK or China because of the virus. I have heaps of order on hold because of it. I just want them communicate a bit clearer ( which we know they are having a hard time), like ‘oh yeah we are going to ship 70 replacements and the remaining 4000 to EU before we’ll ship to you guys.’ Not, ‘oh yeah will ship your shipment next, but actually yeah, nah!’

1 Like

I understand your point @Fuzzed . Still difficult as they may intend well but circumstances change the actual resulting action.

Tell yourself you’ll get yours last, in August, and prepare to be happily surprised! :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I reckon it’ll be around June. Hehehe One of the Chinese scientist said that the virus would still peak late Feb or early March with the contaminations and deaths.

I picked up a 480p projector for $80 off gumtree to keep me amused in the meantime. My son’s been using it to play PS3 all afternoon in his bedroom. Even though it’s crap, it’s pretty great. So whenever the PPM finally arrives it’s gonna be amazing.

3 Likes

Contribution number: 2679
Contribution date: August 24, 2019
Number of PicoPix’s received so far: 0. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. Zip. Nada

Very unimpressed & request a delivery date asap.

I’m sure the friendly folks over at Philips HQ would love to shut down that pesky virus that has the entirety of China in quarantine, and all other world governments in panic mode. Seriously, other than all the info they’ve already given on the matter, what do you expect them to do at this moment in time?

3 Likes

Dude, i backed & paid for this thing 6 months ago - i was a very early backer.
They have been shipping them for months. I just want a straight answer & blaming the recent virus is a total cop out.

I’m out $900 while I wait too buddy (well maybe you paid less if you were that early) so I feel your frustration (see my own ranting in this thread above) but the virus is a pretty legit reason for the present holdup. The Chinese government isn’t allowing any factories in Shenzhen to reopen before the 24th. Going against the wishes of the Chinese government is a famously terrible idea. Before the virus outbreak was made public, there was the expected CNY 2 week shutdown. Before that there were QC issues with the focus gear from the first few batches coming loose in transit as well as blemishes in the gloss finish. They had to halt production to sort that out. Before that they were waiting on Google to approve Widevine L1 DRM support which is baked into the hardware. Without that they couldn’t begin production and the PPM would be in the same boat as other Pico projectors that can’t stream 1080p content. They planned to move production to a bigger, faster factory in Shenzhen after the CNY break so they could meet the demand of increasingly impatient backers, but now it’ll have to be whenever the immediate danger of the virus passes, how ever long that may take. Despite the large number of setbacks, I can’t really see any of them being the fault of Philips or Screeneo. I’m also amazed at how agreeable they’ve been to refunding those that’ve asked. I would’ve expected them to turn around and say, “Sorry, the money’s been spent on R&D, setting up the production lines, paying staff and renting office space”. But you could totally get your money back tomorrow if you needed it.
A few years ago I backed that Zach Braff film on kickstarter and got to see behind the curtain, warts and all, how a film is made. In the end all I got was a shitty T shirt and a once-off stream of an equally shitty movie. Perhaps it’s a little sadistic of me, but I’m actually enjoying seeing how difficult it can be to bring a consumer electronics product to market in 2020, especially during a deadly pandemic. It’s going to make taking ownership of this little thing feel like SO much more of a reward.

3 Likes

@Fuzzed , we are talking about 70 product to ship back to people who got a defective product. Not 700. So it will be fast.

1 Like

What about the ‘All forgotten backers below 4000’, how many of them are there?

@Philips_Support_N so I’m still a little confused on the verdict here and order or process. 70 units Go out as replacement for the defective units And the remainder of that 700 go to AU/NZ? Or they go to backers under 4000? In any case If I have to wait until after the checking is done after March 25 then I’m considering a refund also. I wanted this thing for summer and it’s going to be well and truly over by then. I’d be better off cancelling for a refund and finding a better product for next summer!

1 Like

I’ve got a backer number under 4000, based in NZ - which group will I be in? Am I priority 2 or 3 @Philips_Support_N?

Of course 3, what do you expect?

Priority 1 for broken unit
Priority 2 for forgotten backers
Priority 3 for AU/NZ ( until something more important than au/nz comes up then expect lowering of priority)

Australian Gov blocks travellers from China for another week, until Feb 29th. Not sure if this affects freight transports though. ABC News