Auto focus inconsistent

Please see if it’s possible to update the firmware and try again. If it still doesn’t work --> I’m afraid you need a replacement unit.

If you can’t see what you’re doing due to the image being out of focus, try moving it closer till it’s in focus so you can do the update.

2 Likes

Just Updated to FW 1.1.0 Still I am having the autofocus Freeze issue.

After Turning on the projector, for fine tuning the focus, i click the focus ring in the remote. The ring appears and the screen turns hazy and auto focusing freezes . Then as usual the ring disappears in 4/5 seconds then i again when i press the button and it focuses back(it sometime needs manual fine tuning too)

It happens everytime i turn on the projector or the first time i move the projector after turning it on.

@Philips_Support_P Please suggest. seems like the Update didnt fix it.

1 Like

:thinking:
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:woozy_face:

I don’t quite understand why it does this on first boot only. What happens if you try to focus twice, and second time succeeds, if you then turn it off, back on straightaway, and then try to focus?

just this time it worked. straight away it focused. I will try in couple of hours later and give u a feedback.

On a different note… i can hear my Laptop fan but cant hear my PPMAX at ECO mode!! Great job. Btw can we get some more wallpaper :wink: pls

1 Like

Please post the comments and request on the FW 1.1 in the announcement topic.

1 Like

OK. Updating now with blurred projection. All by memory now…

Hi @Philips_Support_P and @IvoGrijt

Ok. Updated to latest firmware did nothing to the AF problem.

How do I initiate a replacement and how long I will have to wait for the new unit to arrive?

After update, the ppm went very silent. Good job!

Thanks

1 Like

This exact thing happened to me as well on a few occasions. What I did which solved it for me, I tilted the projector with the lense facing the floor and it started focusing properly than set it down to the required position. I had to do this a few times btw. Seems to work ok for now.

1 Like

Hi mmeidl, thanks for your tip. I have already turned ppm to every possible angle known to man but it’s just not working. It triggered the focusing yes… But only the graphics part appear (without turning animation). No mechanical physical sounds.

1 Like

Hello all, please contact support@screeneo.com for replacement. Consistent autofocus problem is a defect that falls under warranty.

1 Like

Thanks @Philips_Support_P

Just curious - When the focusing ring appears on the screen, what happens if you press the left or right arrow buttons on the AirMote? Do you hear the mechanical sounds trying to focus?

Nope. The animation will turn when I press on the left or right but no mechanical movement or sound. And the animation seems to freeze from time to time like it’s getting ‘heavier’.

Greetings from Malaysia William. I know you are from Singapore. :smile:

2 Likes

So, do you still have an issue, and if so, what exactly is the issue you need guidance on and help with?

@IvoGrijt, It started to do this again

"After Turning on the projector, for fine tuning the focus, i click the focus ring in the remote. The ring appears and the screen turns hazy and auto focusing freezes . Then as usual the ring disappears in 4/5 seconds then i again when i press the button and it focuses back(it sometime needs manual fine tuning too)

It happens everytime i turn on the projector or the first time i move the projector after turning it on."

so the new update did not fix it. May be its a problem with the device. @Philips_Support_P should i contact support?

Update : only at certain time, I hear some physical noise, like ‘clicking’ sound… Maybe the gears are not aligned properly and the focus can’t turn at all. But there was no loose parts when I gently shake it.

1 Like

Well… I performed a factory reset while blurred projection. Bad move… Now my airmote and wifi disconnected. Can’t see squat… So nothing I can do with the ppm anymore.

Uh oh. Time to send it in for replacement then :pensive:.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with frozen autofocus the first time you try to focus?