Auto focus inconsistent

@Philips_Support_P
no, it stays off focus until fix it manually.
if i then reboot (after fix) or refocus onto another distance its working normally again.
if i reboot without manually adjusting it stays offfocus.

and its not happening everytime more like 1 out of 3 times.

Hi @Philips_Support_T, thank you so much for arranging DHL. They came and taken the unit already today.

Hello @Philips_Support_T @IvoGrijt Mate i have filled the google docs form. but did not hear anything regarding the replacement / pickup after that. any update?

Hi mate, when did you fill in the form? It will take a while but I think it’s all due process. @Philips_Support_T said within this week for mine and it came as promised.

Hey Mate, i filled it on 14th May. Yeah saw ur one came thats why i asked it to them again. Let us know when u get ur new one

@Philips_Support_P what Chris is mentioning is exactly the same thing that happens to me.

Any clue about it?

Hello, sorry for the delay, we’ll do our utmost to send you the shipping labels to arrange the pickup this week.

Hi @Chris_von_Mythos and @Pablo_Perla the autofocus improvement has been on our task list for quite some time. Currently we are classifying complete inability to focus as a hardware defect and covering it under warranty. Occasionally inaccurate focus which requires manual fine-tuning is current state-of-the-art and expected to happen sometimes. Since it depends a lot on your environment, we are working to improve the responsiveness, but not classifying it as a manufacturing defect. For instance, all our sample units (including my personal PicoPix Max) has no focus issue whatsoever. Furthermore, autofocus and manual focus tests are part of our standard QC for all units.

Given all this info, I would advice you to be patient until we improve the autofocus further, and in the meantime, to be aware of the expected performance. We designed autofocus to be a quick hands-off approach to fiddly focus wheels and manual adjustments, which would work in 95% of all cases.

1 Like

I understand but it is happening quite frequently, it is particularly problematic with the HDMI output as you do not see the focus circle when you press the button.

Got the mail … thanks. They are picking up on Monday.

Budget? This is an almost $1400 CAD projector…

Hi @IvoGrijt. DHL sent out my replacement on the 25th May and it has indicated that tracking should normally be available after 48 hours. It’s been 2 weeks since and my tracking info is still unavailable. Should I be worried?

Thanks

1 Like

They aren’t saying it’s a “budget” projector. Just that for the budget they had for the projector, considering the physical size of the device, would not allow an upgrade to the autofocus without substantially increasing the price.

1 Like

Bruh… It’s a $1400 projector and they’re all acting like it’s a $600 projector…

Hi! I got it yesterday and the autofocus seems to work fine when using internal Apps. I can also manually calibrate it with left and right buttons.

When in HDMI, however, autofocus does not work very good and the problem is that I can’t calibrate it manually (nothing happens when I click right and left and I can’t see the AutoFocus wheel.

Any tips? Thanks!

Tommaso

1 Like

You won’t see the focus wheel but focusing manually should definitely work

Hi @IvoGrijt. While I really appreciate a heart from you mate, what I would love is to know when I can receive the unit. Thanks!!

2 Likes

That’s to signal you that I read your post. If I had an answer to your query I would’ve given it, but unfortunately I do not have one and didn’t have the time to tell you that.

Ah… Signal received loud and clear this time. Well… Please let me know when you know. Thanks!

Hello @Philips_Support_T the tracking shows the defective Product is delivered last week on 3rd. When will you guys send the replacement?
Thank you