Charger bursted and caught fire

Hi

@IvoGrijt @PhilipsNono @Philips_Support_P

Untill now everything worked just fine, as well charging or watching movies while plugged in.

Today I wanted to recharge the battery and plugged everything in as usual. Nothing different on the outlets or anything. After charging a few seconds the part plugged in in the outlet made a loud bursting sound and then it started smoking and caught fire. Was able to stop it imediatly, but REALLY?

Just aside that I’m upset about what could have happened if I would have left the room, I don’t have anything to charge my PicoPix now. Where can I get a new charger?

Guys, be careful! Don’t leave it unsupervised!

2 Likes

That’s a bit shocking.

Sounds like a defective charger, but did you make any errors like plugging into the video port?

I wondered if there is a protection on that port since it is so close to the charging port.

No I double checked before plugging in. So it was the right port…

2 Likes

Did you update to latest fw before this ?

Nope. I wanted to watch movies tonight and thought I’d plug it in for the updates. Projector is fine, it has 30% left now…

By the way it’s almost impossible to find 4A chagers in stores… wth…

1 Like

You might be able to find some suggestions of working chargers on these threads:

Or if you would also be interested in a powerbank that can charge/run the device this thread might help

1 Like

Is there a warranty for that charger!? Any way of replacement? I want to use the original charger than try and error with “where to find a 5A charger in switzerland”…

@Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_T @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N

Please answer. Thanks.

Please post a picture of this

Hello, in order to move forward, please can you send your request on support@screeneo.com, specifying your delivery address. Thanks

Thank you so much!

I had the same issue but mine only did this. This is the spot of defective item. I think this will be common .
IMG_20200805_220904|374x499

I got a new one with warranty, but i hope the new one will not burn my house down.

2 Likes

That layout on the PCB looks abit off. looks like a two layer PCB and 0 copperfill. I get that you want to keep isolation to max in a power layout but thats pretty ridiculous. So much space where fatter traces could have been. Hard to tell what component blew on from the picture but my best guess is the rectifier.

Kind of scary as I have left mine to charge over night in the living room which is right by my kids room. Won’t be doing that any more.

2 Likes

I’m too paranoid to do that, I dont even charge my phone over night :smile:

1 Like

@Philips_Support_T no one answers the mails! It’s been a month! When am I supposed to use my projector again???

Edit: still NO answer… @IvoGrijt could you maybe help me out here? You helped me alot earlier. I don’t have a charger any more and absolutely noone answers the support I was directed to. I’m sure I have some kind of warranty for this!

@Philips_Support_T @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

I just can’t believe this. No one is reacting to the support. Could you PLEASE help me out with that charger!? I can’t use my projector after not even half a year! Tell me what I need to do to get a new charger! I don’t even care if you want me to pay for that but at least answer what I need to do!

1 Like

Maybe add @Philips_Support_N and @Philips_Support_N to your request, they have been answering quite a lot of requests, too.

1 Like

Hi Gizem,
just read through your messages.
I spoke with @Philips_Support_N about this.
His team needs to sort this out and get a new charger to you.
Sorry for the delay,
Steve

1 Like