Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

I’m not sure. This could either be a hardware or a firmware issue. The fact that it charges OK when powered down would indicate that the charging circuitry is operational. Does it charge in 3 hours or so or does it take significantly longer?

1 Like

I am not sure. I need to test that. Usually I just plug it in and walk away. Never tested how long it takes.

1 Like

We’ve received many similar reports of this problem. Initial research seems to point to faulty battery. The charging status is hard-wired, a software update is unlikely to solve it. FWIW my own unit is also exhibiting this problem so I know it in detail. I will update this thread as soon as I have more info.

5 Likes

Thank you for this information.

Please let us know when you are certain, because we are waiting on this decision in order to send the device back for replacement or wait for a fix.

1 Like

update of 8/07/20, the PPM displays 100% but switches off immediately when it is disconnected. It now works exclusively on plug.
I tried a few tips, but without result.
Hope that with my ticket, I will return it quickly (any estimation for Round trip from France ?):slightly_smiling_face:

[July 9, 2020 Update]
I decided to return my PPM for a replacement rather than wait, so went ahead and filled out the “Return Request Form” as instructed by support@screeneo.com.
On the “Return Request Form”, I also filled out “preferred pick-up date”. The DHL guy showed up today to pick-up my PPM and was asking for proper documents to ship/return the PPM, which I haven’t received yet from Philips/Screeneo.

When can I receive the proper documents to ship/return my PPM via DHL for a replacement?

Support Ticket #: Request #24369
Backer ID: 15583826​
Contribution ID: 16137

Hello Samuel,

My projector was picked up by DHL yesterday, right now it waiting for delivery in Hongkong.

depending how fast they check process and allot a new projector i would say 1 to 1.5 months if there are no hickups in between.

[Update July, 10, 2020]
I received an email yesterday from support, saying that there was a misunderstanding with DHL and received my return shipping label yesterday as well. Currently waiting for the DHL guy to call me to arrange a pick-up.

1 Like

Any update on the red/blue blinking with the new update?

1 Like

Any changes to the issue after the latest firmware update?

1 Like

Same situation, DHL was at my home but I didn’t have any label. I wrote an email to Philips support and I hope it will be done tomorrow.

@thk @Ajith_Ambalakat I’m not able to answer you, my PPM is right now on his delivery package but I’m curious about the answer, if the update solved it our not.

No it hasn’t.
I’ve had the same problem. New firmware installed yesterday. No difference. Same issue
I am in contact with customer service to return PPM

I’m extremely disappointed. I’m one of the early backer and received the projector early in the year. Due to having my own entertainment setup, I hardly use this picopix max projector. I was charging my projector today and experience the exact same issue. The projector is on the latest software and I have also done a factory reset. Still getting the same result. Battery not fully charging and stuck at 83%.

Already sent an email to support. Pending for a reply.

Our technical support colleague is on holiday till next week Monday, he’s the one who also arranges the return shipping labels and such, so I’m afraid there’s going to be some holdup there.

Teresa and Kelvin here, Ticket ID #22652, and had contributed [October 12, 2019] and received my faulty device on . I had reached out as per @IvoGrijt instructions with my trouble shooting steps (copies below) and support proceeded with the replacement process, telling me to fill in the form PicoPix Max Return Form.

I sent the form on Jun 1st and screenshot the form to my email feed with support. I emailed them again Jun 5, as I had asked for them to pick up on Jun 4, as that was an option.

I then followed up again Jun 9, 16, 27, July 3, and then had to reach out to the Asia head quarters to try to get an answer. Each time they finally replied said they are running behind in shipping labels. Can I please get an answer as too how long this process should take, once they take the faulty product how long would it be for me to finally get a working device? Please help. Thanks and would be extremely grateful if this can be resolved ASAP.

Trouble shooting steps for context of my faulty device. This was communicated with you IvoG before back in May 2020.
Check Power Adapter and USB cable

Are you pressing and holding the power button (on the projector or the remote) for a few seconds? YES

Are you using the supplied power adapter and USB-C cable? YES

Do you see red/blue flashing LED on plugging in the charger? This means the power adapter you’ve connected is not supported. Please use the supplied power adapter. NO

If you’re using the supplied adapter and cable, continue to the next section.

Check battery charge status

Make sure the projector is powered OFF. YES

Connect the power adapter to the projector. Make sure you plug it into the right side USB-C port (charging port), not the left side (video port)! YES

Does the LED turn red? If yes, let it charge for 3 hours until the LED turns blue. Then unplug it, and power it on. Does it work? LED red and after 3 hours blue. But can’t turn the light on. Fan starts working.

If the LED doesn’t light up at all, check that:

the adapter is receiving power from the wall socket. YES

do you have another USB-C device? Can the PicoPix adapter charge that device? If not, the adapter may be faulty. The adapter works fine.

If the LED lights up blue, it means the battery is fully charged. Continue to next section. YES

Check display problems

If your projector can turn on but doesn’t display any picture, check this as you power on the projector: NO, there is no light at all!

Do you see the white Philips logo startup screen?

if yes, but there is no picture afterwards, check that all cables (HDMI / USB-C) are unplugged.

does pressing the home button on the remote or touchpad causes the home screen to appear?

does pressing the autofocus button on the remote show the focusing screen?

Does the projector power off shortly after showing the home screen? It could be a thermal shutdown. check next section.

Thermal shutdown

If you don’t see the Philips startup screen, or the projector powers off soon after starting up, check the following:

Do you hear the fan spinning up when you power on the projector? YES

Do you have at least 30 cm free space on all sides of the projector to allow free movement of air? YES

What is the altitude of your city? Hong Kong , Elevation: 69m

What is the room temperature where you’re using the projector? 22 Celsius

@IvoGrijt Update. The faulty device has been picked up. May I ask when we should expect the new PicoMax projector delivered to us?

Thanks,
Teresa and Kelvin

Hello again,
I have filled in my PicoPix Max Return Form, and nothing happened since then. It has been over two weeks without a response. Nobody contacted me, no email, no call. The last thing that I got is the Google Forms reply with the information that I filled in.
Is this a normal procedure?
My return Ticket ID is 24633. What should I do?

1 Like

Reply to that return ticket with this question

Still no update after almost one month ?

1 Like

Reply to your return ticket also please.