Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

There is a problem with my ticket, to be honest.
Philips asking me “lie” to the DHL guy. They want me to tell him that the package is not including battery.
Do you think it is legitimate ? Because i dont think so man.
Why cant they just arrange the pick up ?

1 Like

I also filled out the return form. Been sending email to Philip support to get an update but got no reply back. What is going on??

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve managed to do something monumentally stupid! I’ve taken the PPM on a family holiday and forgotten to bring the charger.

We’ve managed to order a usb c cable from amazon, but the only plug adaptors we have are for iPhones; will that work if we plug it into the mains?

Thanks

James

Not likely, since those chargers typically don’t supply the voltage the ppx requires. It should not break anything to try; the projector and the charger will “negotiate” about the voltage one side can supply and the other side needs. If they can’t come to terms, no charging will happen (not even extremely slow).

1 Like

Just to inform that DHL picked up the Picopix max (~2 weeks after I filled the return form).
The projector is on its way back to HK.

1 Like

Godspeed…

Have anybody tryed another USB-C charger to see if that’s what causing the problem? Or Have Phillips figured out what the problem is, bad battery or charging PCB in PPM?

You are more lucky than me…
Mine was send the 18 July, and it’s still in HK…
I sent an email every week, the last answer was the 3 August
" Thanks for your message. The manufacturer has faced some delays and the shipment was not able to leave as expected. We will inform you as soon as we get confirmation from our factory.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

PROJECTOR/FAX/STB Philips Consumer Care"

Right now I am not hurry because I’m in Holliday but it’s too long, almost one month… @IvoGrijt

1 Like

My projector worked fine for several months. Now it is n t able to charge anymore with the provided charger. I get the red/blue flashing lights indicating problem with power supply. Mailed support but no answer thus far. Any brilliant suggestions?

I have and got the same red/blue flashing with the new charger. (See my posting in this thread.) So, in my case, it wasn’t the charger, but assume it was a battery issue. Philips revieved my defective unit on July 14 and I’m currently waiting for a replacement since…

1 Like

I have also tried with an other charger now, and it is the same problem. When mine have charged to aprox 93% it starts blinking red/blue. Is it possible to stop it from charging after it hits 90% and then just disconect the battery and run on power from charger? I’m not interested in sending my PPM back to HK right now, because I use it every day for presentations and can’t wait 1 month for a replace. Is it possible to get a replacement PPM before I ship mine back for repair @IvoGrijt

@Philips_Support_P, any updates on this issue? I have found after a few charge and discharge cycles I’ve been able to get the battery percentage up to 96% and it is lasting a bit longer now, so maybe it’s just learning the battery charge, but still get the flipping red/blue light. I am okay with hitting 96% but was worried when I could only get to 84% when I first received the device. I’ve also been using a charging pack that charges at 20w5a, and it seems to charge further before starting the red/blue flicker. Maybe it’s an underpower charge causing it when the battery has just as much juice as the device charging it?

I’ve waited for a few months without a definitive answer if this is something that can be fixed via software update, so I filled my return form today, no point in waiting any longer. I just hope that you don’t send me another defective unit after waiting for the next couple of months to get a replacement.

1 Like

What are the specs of the new charger?

And unfortunately the policy is that we need to get yours back first, else anyone could abuse the option to have it replaced.

My charger spec is 15V 4.33A

Regarding your policy for not trusting people to send the broken PPM back as soon as they reseive the new one. You could make a credit payment and wait to withdraw the money, until someone abuse your trust and don’t sent teh broken PPM back. Just an idea to upgrade your costumer service.

2 Likes

Yeah setting up a surcharge system is a good idea!

So basically you’d be buying another one for the same price and when we get your old one back we refund you the new one? Because technically that’s what you’re be doing.
This would not work out if you have to pay import taxes though, which you’d have to in a lot of countries around the world, as technically the 2nd unit would not be a replacement it just a new purchase while you still have the original one.

So I don’t know if Philips Projection would want to do this. But depending on your budget and need to use the projector, if you can afford to do it, you can always just buy a second one and ship the defective one once you get the new one in I guess. That way you would have a backup unit also when the replacement for the defective one gets shipped out to you. Contact @Philips_Support_N to see if he could help you out if you really can’t do without your PPX.

P.S.: I’m merely thinking out loud with you here, these are my own thoughts and not official Philips Projection standpoints or options.

I didn’t mean that I schould pay for a new projector as you write. Philips would reserve the money on my creditcard, if I don’t return my broken PPM. Then it would be a replacement PPM. The only reason I sugessted this is because you wrote: And unfortunately the policy is that we need to get yours back first, else anyone could abuse the option to have it replaced.
A lot of car rental companies does this. If you breaks something on the car while you are renting it, they can withdraw the insurence money. If you return the car in perfect shape and at the right time they will newer withdraw the money.
I am not interested in owning 2 PPM, cause I only need one??

2 Likes

This (at least used to) be the general setup for hard drive replacements. If you wanted “advance replacement” the manufacturer would put a charge authorization on a credit card of your choice, then ship you the replacement drive (which also handily provided you with the necessary shipping box to return the broken unit in and a return shipping label). Worked really well the times I had to utilize the service. As long as you returned the faulty drive within 7 or 14 days or something they would just drop the authorization and never capture the amount on the CC.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you won’t provide a better service for your costumers. What about having some extra units here in Europe, then we could send it for repair/exchange inside EU and don’t have to worry about tax/customs. The the exchange would be a lot quicker 2-3 days instead of more than a month. I have send my Microsoft smartwatch to Germany on warranty and got a new one on day 3 from when I reported the problem with the smartwatch. Would you consider this @Philips_Support_3 @IvoGrijt @PhilipsNono if you won’t shorten exchange time another way, as described above?

3 Likes