General info about shipment and manufacturing

Way to dash everyone’s dreams of standing for 8 hours hand-assembling consumer electronics in the middle of a plague

10 Likes

250 + 200 are done (5 Mar)
250 (4 Mar)
=700
There 700 existing packages, so 1400.

We would like to know when would you ship the batches?

2 Likes

it was a joke :slight_smile:

11 Likes

@PhilipsNono how many people under 400 have forgotten in total and how many is posted so far?

@Philips_Support_N better attendance today?

Appearance check in progress in the first
@Jan around 50. We didn’t started to ship.

8 Likes

more workers in the second factory

8 Likes

Good to hear and see. Hopefully shipping news will come soon now.

@Philips_Support_N Thanks for the update and I hope all the teams are okay and doing well. Things are looking promising regarding shipping :slightly_smiling_face:

Is that a new tripod mount design I see?

Nice to see the progress in the production but I’m more interested in the logistic plans.

From what’s been said its about 70 replacement units to be shipped first (directly to the backers?).
And then the around 100 forgotten EU backers (shipped through the German warehouse?)

Will these groups have to wait for the 500 by 500 (or 1000 by 1000) quotas to be filled up? And are those groups in the same batch or is it one batch per region?

Lastly, have all the issues surrounding the last EU delivery been sorted out? For example the delivery to Sweden where you had to use a different carrier.

Looks the same to me John :man_shrugging:t5:

500 units finished waiting for QC: Tomorrow
1100 units with QC on Monday

10 Likes

I’d love to, and film the process too!

@Philips_Support_N Exciting stuff! :smiley:

2 Likes

Have there been any shipments to Australia yet? My backer number was in the low 1000s and have received no updates. Conscious it is hard to commit timelines - keen to ensure I am not forgotten and where in the order of things Australia will be all going to plan…

1 Like

Not yet, first we have the Replacement backers and forgotten backers for EU (according to @Philips_Support_N there are around 100 people), and then it will be AUZ/NZ turn. they havnt shipped anything out yet. around 500 are going through QC on 6/3 and 1100 on 9/3. after QC then package and ship.

NOW they have the 700 ready and just needed to be packed and shipped. and im not sure about the status of these 700 ppms. they will send a message out as soon as the first shipment is shipped

1 Like

Ha ha think ill do that @Sandgroper :rofl:

being one of that 50 I am just looking forward to receiving the shipping confirmation. Will the update be through backerkit? backerid 3898 - UK

Calm down, snowflake, you are kinda reaching to say that is either aggressive or threatening.

I backed in about August last year - so six months ago, on a two month estimate. Sure, it’s a crowdfunder for a toy so it’s not exactly the end of the world. I guess my issue is that my order was overlooked due to a mistake so it shouldn’t be too hard to pin some dates on when my kit will be shipped. Given the situation out there the lives and the well-being of the factory workers are far more important than my projector so if the estimated date is September 2021 I can totally deal with that so long as I can bank on that date being delivered; it’s the lack of clear comms that is irritating me. As for the comments about rushing it given that some crap slipped past QC I would rather they shipped my product right first time than rushed it and I then have to get a replacement down the line.

2 Likes