General info about shipment and manufacturing

Hi @Philips_Support_N, Contributor nº3449 from Switzerland. Among the “forgotten ones”, do you include Swiss contributors?
I know you don’t give expectations based on contribution number but following the issues with prior shipment to Europe, I would like some clarification on this… should I expect to be among the “forgotten” or should I wait till April…?
I know some other contributors from Switzerland are questioning timing of shipment to our country.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello Nono ,

Backer 3479 on the road to London ?

Best

H

Quick reply to your long insulting comment!

1. The 700 were ready an was not clear!
  2. My question was quick and straight forward unlike yours which was long and in wrong direction
  3. You probably have no clue about production and businesses! Companies and especially the well established ones have production plans and strategies plus experience in process of design, production, packaging and shipping. Usually they have pre calculated common events (workers illness, faulty materials, errors in actual production etc) and they know how to efficiently address them and keep their lead times within the plan! So your IKEA example and that workers need 2-3 weeks to establish workflow are inaccurate.
  4. Coronavirus outbreak was indeed an unforeseen event that changed the plans, therefore production could and probably is affected after that. So Philips probably has revised the plans accordingly and they should inform us if they can produce 500-1000 per day as initially planned or not!

So please do not insult others with such replies!

Mr. Armandos, my deepest apologies if you felt that way, I had no intention to insult you.

Your third remark would make sense if this wasn’t a crowdfunded campaign. You’re right about well established companies such as Philips; they have years of experience designing, producing, packaging and shipping products from 1 country to another.

BUT, this whole procedure for the Picopix Max is managed by Screeneo not Philips; they are learning and improving their procedures through trial and error. For Europe, they first had to test shipping regarding customs/import fees and such (e.g. they sent units to 10 backers in France back in Dec/early Jan). This was followed by a large batch to a German warehouse to avoid aforementioned customs fees and distributed further locally. Unfortunately, a mistake in the Excel sheet happened in the exchange, allowing European backers with a higher ID to receive theirs much earlier than a few unfortunate ones (including me). After that, Chinese New Year and COVID-19 happened, causing another 3-4 weeks delay. And now here we are, in March, when I will hopefully receive my PicoPix Max in a week or 2.

I indeed don’t know much about production and businesses, but I sure can tell the difference between a well established business as you have described in your post and a crowdfunded campaign. No need to explain the details to me, as my simple IKEA example was just to give you an idea. Just make sure to lower your expectations a bit and you’ll be much happier! Been there, done that :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I do understand about the difference between Philips and Screeneo but I believed Philips is guiding through the process. Anyway, I am not in a hurry as I know that any new production might face several issues that need to be handled. Crowdfunding always have delays due to implementation challenges.

However, the question is if they have the full capacity at production (due to the Coronavirus outbreak) and what is their daily production ratio now.

And just to be clear I am not trying to find out an exact date of receiving my perk as I am a backer and not a shopper as we all are in this project. I just try to figure out how and when the project will be completed!

I wish you to get your PPM soon. Enjoy your day !

3 Likes

NEWS:
1: still 100 pieces to pack, we should be able to ship tomorrow 1,480 pieces!
2: Factory 1: around 500 pieces + Factory 2: 1000 pieces news pieces will be ready this Sunday for inspection

WechatIMG165

19 Likes

Way to go Philips! :smiley:
Hopefully the production goes well and the health issue as well. :innocent:

Just to be clear, the 1480 pieces are for EU/replacement and AU/NZ backers right?

2 Likes

this batch and next batch can anyone calculate acutal highest backer number per region ?

If u ship tomorrow to AU, when will we get the tracking number???

You will have the tracking number tomorrow as well when it will be uploaded in the system.
The 1480 are for people that have been forgotten, AU/NZ, to replace the broken ones and others

3 Likes

Nice update! So 1480 shipped this week and another 1500 ready for inspection on Sunday meaning beginning of next week we should have another shipment. So the projection should be ~2000 pieces per week starting next week to hit the target by 10th April.

2000/week seems possible by the looks of things from next week.

@Carljohan_Selke I think AU will be fully completed and we should be bothered about the lowest backer number not shipped to going forward, because of the following change in shipment schedule.

Just be on the safe side, I am backer number 3898 from UK, name is Caner Turkel, logically I should be in the 1480 which will be posted tomorrow, but coinsidering the experience so far I would like it to be checked; can you guys confirm it?

2 Likes

yes you are on it. But we won’t give this information to everyone. Otherwise we will receive 14000 emails

4 Likes

Exciting news! Thanks!

Yup just take some rest boys u gotta do a lot of shipping tomorrow:) big job ahead :slight_smile: good luck

But maybe you could upload a list for each shipping with the backerIDs that will be included?
Or at least for us forgotten EU-backers so we can confirm that we actually will be in this shipment?

Indeed, having a table with forecasted dates updated would be nice to manage bakers expectations… if not with all IDs, then maybe with ID-ranges. Of course, keep the table weekly updated based on the promptness/delays.

2 Likes