General info about shipment and manufacturing

:smiley:

2 Likes

144 backers is a fraction of Philips’ campaign. Of course it’s much easier :slight_smile:

Also they have the same problems with shipping as everyone.

2 Likes

Yes, technically they are excuses, but they’re also the explanation of the true issues they have no control over. They can’t tell the German customs to prioritize our precious projectors over medical equipment that thousands of healthcare workers are waiting for to be able to do their jobs safely. All Philips can do is tell us what’s going on.

Simon, perhaps due to the barrage of questions, complaints, and status update requests and such you may have missed it, but PhilipsNono himself has apologized for all of the delays and such:

I also made sure to quote this apology in the news summary thread.

So while giving them even more pressure by going to the press and such might cause something to happen, it might not be the right thing to do right now. If there were no global pandemic causing all these disruptions and you felt wronged after 8 months, then perhaps you might’ve been right in sharing your views with someone from the press. But as it stands at the moment, I don’t believe many will take you seriously, and even if they do, the consequences of such publicity will possibly harm people just trying to do their job and deliver on a campaign no one predicted would turn out to be this chaotic.

Please try to put things in perspective and just wait a little longer, once the units get through customs it will not be long before you finally get yours. You’ve waited this long, I’m sure you can wait another week.

3 Likes

144 units is less than Philips makes in one day. If they had as few to ship they would’ve been done in November / December.

2 Likes

Well…then there is nebula max too

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

woowwwww… I’m in the last list!!! Backerkit 15585796 IGG 14060 October 3 2019
Is this possible??? Have I find the correct Backerkit #???

Can’t wait for it… But I know… it will be in my hand not before the end (or close the…) of May…

Well… Thanks
Rino

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Please confirm where the PPMs on the latest list are going (which countries).

How would this help you? If your number isn’t on the list, then there were more backers in your country before yours than there were units going to your country, if at all.

1 Like

Hi IvoG,

I see you always answering patiently (have followed the forum for couple of months now) but one thing you should probably do less is question a question. Please, this is not meant as an offence or insult. But backers, including myself, have the right to ask questions, irrespective of whether Phillips answers them or not.

Now since you asked, two posts above Rino, with a contribution number higher than mine, said he is on the list. But I do not know which country he is from. However if the batch is going to EU, I would expect that everyone up to contribution number 14xxx should get the PPM in this batch. Therefore I want to know.

4 Likes

It’s never meant as an insult from my side either, only to help me understand what and why you’re asking. The better I understand your question, any question, the better I can help (get an) answer (for) it. Often in life people don’t ask the right questions or for the right reasons, and often answers are given in an assumed reasoning behind a question. So I’ve thaught myself to always question the questions, and I’m fully aware that some may perceive that as an annoying trait.

Now that you’ve explained I understand your question and am actually able to help you perhaps somewhat.
Salvatore (@Rino2) is in Italy, you’re in Germany. So if his contribution ID is higher than yours, and you’re not on the list whereas he is, there might be an issue there. Perhaps there’s a good reason for that, or an oversight / mistake when putting the lists together, I do not know. Perhaps @Philips_Support_N could comment on that, but I can’t make that promise for him to you.

I still don’t think knowing the countries shipped to in each batch will necessarily help, as they’re coupled only with Backerkit IDs which can vary wildly and have no correlation to backing order. Only if someone posts about being on the list and mentions his Contribution ID and country, can the information help you determine what’s going on.

Thank IvoG.

@Philips_Support_N. Could you please check if Savatore with contribution number 14060 from Italy is on the list, why I, contribution number 12351 from Germany am not? Have I overlooked something or has your delivery team?

IGG contribution ID 12351
Backer ID 15586994

It might help if the spreadsheet showing which contribution numbers were planned to be in what order with a rough but realistic shipping date, this way everyone can look, find their number and see a ballpark date of when to expect their unit to ship. This can then be updated as time goes on and production ramps up so everyone feels like they are informed and won’t have to keep trying to figure out why someone in another country with a higher number seems to be getting their unit before they are.
We all accept that we should be patient, repeating that doesn’t make things any better, but positive moves to provide up to date estimated ship dates for everyone will dramatically improve the experience for everyone.

5 Likes

Treasure hunt

Got a feeling Tuesday will pass with no update on the tracking. According to DHL’s website the delay for UK shipments is only a day or two if that. So not quite sure why the forwarder is struggling so much at customs as the rest of the logistics network is operating with minor delays. (This is taking into account medical supplies getting priority of course).

Fingers crossed once it’s out of the forwarders hands DHL should be pretty quick at transporting it from the Germany hub to our homes.

4 Likes

Hi @Gsde, i was surprised by your post, because I am Contribution ID 12395 from Germany as well and my Backer ID seems to be on the current list. So I went ahead and checked for your number and found it as well. Can you check the list again? Maybe I did something wrong.

2 Likes

The further it gets from the incompetence of Philips the faster things will move.

2 Likes

Whee I‘m on the list! Sooo happy! :heart_eyes:
Now FINALLY I can get impatient too :rofl: (sorry @IvoGrijt :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

4 Likes

Simon, as long as I see and perceive impatience I’ll be compelled to advocate patience.

Those positive moves are almost impossible to make in a way that would please everyone, but I agree with you that if they could be made, they would provide insight. Even so, they would have to come from Screeneo, I can’t do any more than I am at the moment.

Gizem, you have my blessing, I’ll be impatient with you and for you. Fingers crossed!
:crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like