General info about shipment and manufacturing

I’m guessing that the logistics company they’ve chosen for NZ is different. I think we just wait another day, there’s no suggestion that there was a problem shipping to us

1 Like

This is twisting the truth, as:

• These resellers are also backers
  • They have shipped over 4000 units to Indiegogo backers already, and only now have shipped 400 to these distributors.

Also, they did mention it before:
https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/how-many-orders/273/6?u=ivog
They might not have specified who bought those 100 packs, but due to privacy they didn’t have to either.

3 Likes

I am not the one who is twisting the truth or at least I definately don’t do it on purpose. If information is provided in an incomplete and not clear way, that’s twisting the truth. Not going to argue with your answer either. I have a lot of understanding to philips and all the challenges which came up on the way to deliver the product. But just think, if many people express concern, it means there is smth wrong with the communication and approach.

Anyway, it is what it is.

5 Likes

I am actually very patient… I contributed early but never complained about the late shipment. I wrote multiple emails to the team and few messages here but never had any answer. Even now, @Philips_Support_N does not answer, although he answered some other persons directly… so yes, I am patient.

2 Likes

And still here nothing too…

1 Like

I’ve agreed and stated as much elsewhere, also going more in depth as to why I felt that way and how I saw the whole project:

But I’m not going to go as far as to say they’re lying and twisting truths here. So they didn’t tell us they had backers who were their regular distributors also. They didn’t have to tell us now either, but in the spirit of transparency they did when asked.

But thanks for sharing your views, especially in such a matter of fact way! :+1:t4:

Your patience is noted and I’m sorry you haven’t been answered directly when others have (they might’ve been actually less patient or just got PhilipsNoNo on a “good” day when he felt like answering directly. But if 20K backers each start asking personal questions he won’t have time to do anything else all day.

All I can offer is my sympathy and the hope that your PPM will soon find its way to you both in good condition so you may enjoy it as much as I do on a daily basis.

Distributers: use up space in their warehouse and can‘t sell yet.
Ordinary backers: wait for their ppms and can‘t use them.
Screeneo: has fewer guys who test their unfinished product.

That is unfortunate for everyone.

3 Likes

Oh it’s completely fine. They’re producing them at a rapid rate now. Another 1300 ready to go shortly. Amazing really all things considered. The difficultly they now face is the nightmare of shipping logistics to thousands of individuals around the globe as large sections of the planet shut down for business. The 400 units sent to a distributor was one shipment to one address. Done.

1 Like

And a huge amount just checked off their list.

Even better, the shipment will be picked up in HK, so Screeneo don’t even have to actually have it shipped themselves. :wink::smile:

1 Like

I get how you feel, how being basically the only one who is defending them feels. But you have to understand the frustration of the many many others that unlike you, have not received their product. We were promised a backer perk, a “pre sale” if you will. And finding out now, that we might be able to get the product faster if we just buy it from a reseller is just frustrating. And being VERY grounded on what things with @Philips_Support_N have been before, he only said that distributors will not sell the product untill they let them, he didn’t say that they where not going to sell them untill all “pre orders” had been delivered.

I get that you want to defend them, but even you have to recognize that this whole project has been based on lies after lies, or partial truths after partial truths if we’re to use a friendlier tone.

4 Likes

Let me ask you this Andres:

What good will come from letting these frustrations get to you, from thinking your wait was in vain and that someone else will be possibly be able to get theirs before you by just buying over the counter?

Put aside whether they were lying or not, isn’t the only real important thing right now to get your perk as soon as you can, to have it be in good working condition, and to enjoy using it? Even if someone could go to the store and buy and get one before you, they’ll be paying more than you did for it, and not have say so how it’s developed further down the line.

To focus on things you can’t change only causes more frustration and anguish. These distributors backed the campaign just like we all did, and are now due to receive their perks. The fact that they only backed to sell them later on is their prerogative. If instead of distributors it had said “wealthy backer” you wouldn’t have been so upset, so why are you letting this get to you?

You wouldn’t like it if someone cut in front of you in a line, yet these backers were in front of the very line. In theory they should’ve gotten the very first batches made perhaps. You see it as them cutting the line in front of you, when really they were there before the line, just sitting at a different table waiting for their number to be called.

And yes I’m happy I have mine. But there are many things I don’t have in my life. Some I’ll never get, some are still within reach. All I have to do is keep fighting for my goals. Worrying about others also chasing similar dreams or getting there before me isn’t going to help me.

As the Serenity Prayer says:
“May God grant you the serenity to accept the things you cannot change, courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference .”

5 Likes

I don’t care anymore about the projector. I’ll be in lockdown for more weeks than what I assume they will take to ship it to me. I’m not mad about not getting it soon. Just about the complete lack of morals and principles that Philips (still the name on the box) has shown in this project.

It’s a matter of principles.

5 Likes

Just so I am thinking of timelines properly they have to pass quality control, if issues are found like in the last batch they get retested and if a second set of issues with a lower threshold appear they will re-test each device.

• If we are thinking positive, two days of quality control so done by Friday.
  • then they still need to be packaged and boxed let’s say Monday next week
  • then passed on to shipper and create labels and be sent out.

Would it be realistic to say that the ones ready for quality control Wednesday would be ready to actually be shipped out the following Wednesday if no issues?

Just trying to see what the rough timeline is from QC to actual shipping.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

By the end of this week they’ll be less than 2800 produced and sent out since the factory has reopened that is less 1000 a week when will you get to 500 day Miniman which promised,

1 Like

Anyone in india got it? Repeat question…how much extra were you charged

Only one person in India got it and shared the details:

Please see below in the India thread for clarifications:

@Philips_Support_N when you planning to send next batch to Russia?

The people who managing this shipment is in the mess, and not capable to manage things properly, and giving bad impression on his company as a whole. Many questions from backers about the time, every time we ask, either they keep silent or give thousands of excuses, we don’t need to know the details but at least ball park figure and orders country by country or in batches range so we can have right expectation on this, understand this covid is out of expectation but even before this happen, this was already like shit hitting the fan

3 Likes

What does this reimbursement mean…money given back by philips ?
But india will end up paying 16-25000 extra…too much.not worth it

Right, every question I asked about the current planning re the order of countries / regions has been neglected so far. Not even an answer like “we do not have a plan” (which actually would surprise me). Just nothing.
I alway tried to be polite in my posts and I always expressed my understanding that we can’t expect concrete dates, but I think not answering questions at all isn’t too polite. So please: What is the current planning regarding the order of dispatch to the different countries/regions?

3 Likes