General info about shipment and manufacturing

It’s probably correct. When we switched from Backerkit ID’s to Indiegogo ID’s the lookup algorithm is matching the people on mail address. Your Backerkit accounts are all in the system only once for each pledge, as are the Indiegogo pledges, but the matchmaking keeps matching them to the first IGG ID. That’s only visually an issue, for when we send the information to the forwarder we do so based on Backerkit information only.

1 Like

Everyone will be included on the list by next week, as we finish our production run. Then it becomes a matter of actually shipping them out to you guys.

2 Likes

I think you should send direct message to @IvoGrijt ^^

I have to apologize to you personally.
I had everything I still had to do or check up on or circle back to marked as Unread items. But two nights ago I accidentally pressed the Dismiss all button instead of the Expand all button (Buttons too close to each other? Too little sleep?), and I lost all my Unread markings. So therefore I did not know who or what I had dealt with already or not, and have to start all over again going through all my notifications one by one. Sadly I hadn’t gotten around to yours yet it seems.

I’ll check that for you tonight.

1 Like

We weren’t talking about the rest of South America, because we understood that the only problem left was Brazil.

However, I see you were an early backer and you have not been shipped yet.

Let me try to find out what is happening.

2 Likes

I’ve been as patient as possible but I still don’t see my contributor ID in the list, even though I read that all units would be ready by the 25th and I see plenty of IDs near and around mine in the spreadsheet. Any status?

This whole experience is so frustrating, at every step: poor communication, so difficult to find IDs, impossible to track parcel with information given in email, and above all the rising feeling to be taken for a fool…

Let me sum it up, I think many of us are in the same situation:
I backed this project on October 8 and paid for taxes in November 27. Finally, on May 18 I received an ‘hurrah’ email titled " Your items for Philips PicoPix Max - 1080p Full HD Pico Projector have shipped!". I couldn’t believe it!! Well indeed, I should not have believed it as when I followed the email link to track the package, the DHL website returned “Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number.” AH. Actually, I was not even surprised.

Then, I chased some information on this sooooo not-user-friendly forum (the platform, not the community management) and by chance found a message with a link to the right DHL site (why the link on backerkit doesn’t lead to this site is a mystery).
So now, where are we? Here is the information I have in the tracking history on DHL website:
Mo, 18.05.2020, 07:50
The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically.

You don’t even need to be good at reading between the lines, it simply means that the projector HAS NOT been shipped as stated by Philips in their email dated May 18: at that date DHL was advised electronically that “someday” they will have a package to be delivered to me but clearly at that time they DO NOT have the parcel.
In other words, they are sending this hurrah-apple-sauce email informing that the projector has been shipped to calm people down and buy some time.

12 Likes

Hello - my indigogo backer number is in the List 3 Batch Betty and unfortunately it is not yet shipped as you state.
When checking the DHL tracking number I see that the last entry was from the 18.05.2020 with comment “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically”
No other updates after that date.
Are you able to say where is that delivery?

It’s still in Hong Kong, waiting to be shipped. The shipping label has already been created which is why you have got the tracking code, but it won’t show any progress yet.

You can read more about the shipping process in the News section linked in the top bar.

2 Likes

Do you think we should still believe you guys? As I asked @IvoGrijt one question 3 times unfortunately no answer what is going on.

My number is in Betty, but has not been shipped yet. It is non EU and should go directly with DHL to UAE. Could you please double check that these get priority?

1 Like

Your number has not been included yet in any list update so far, so that’s why you’re not seeing it. It will soon be though, as we’re about to finish the shipping allocation and will have everyone’s unit ready to ship.

I had been working since 2020-05-27T21:00:00Z and am still doing so, after only having 5 hours of sleep somewhere in between, 2 hours to cook and eat with my family, and about 1 hour helping my kids with their homework. So forgive me for not getting around to looking this up for you.

Whether you believe us is totally up to you, we can’t force anything on you.

2 Likes

I can’t give it more priority than it already being in Betty. But because of the hold ups they might even ship all UAE together now, once that’s possible again according to them.

Hi
I´m new here, but I followed this topic and really enjoyed it. Nice to know @IvoGrijt is part of Philips team. That was a great story. Well deserved, man. I´m glad my backer number is in the list (well, I suppose we all are).
Regards from South America
:grinning:

3 Likes

Hola Pablo, de donde eres? Bienvenido al foro! :wave:t4:

Colombia

1 Like

Esoooooo! Mi esposa tambien es Colombiana de origen, de Bogotá.

1 Like

I’m also an early backer ( September). ID #10694 included in batch Betty which according to @IvoGrijt has mostly bee shipped already. However, I still have as yet to receive any backerkit update/ tracking number. I’m located in mainland china which is never mentioned in any updates. It shouldn’t be that difficult to ship to mainland China as the factories are already located there and ther should be no need to use DHL either as I remember reading in some further back post that SF Express delivery company will be used. Please give an update to this. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello IvoG,
Meh! no need to apologize.
I wrote that message more for the Philips Team, as I haven’t got any answers from them, by mail or on this forum for more than 2 months…
You have been doing already a great job with the other moderators, when I know that is is one of the most painful tasks :sweat_smile:
It is just that after so many messages/promises that, in my case, never have been real, I am just a little tired…

I guess I will have to be patient a little bit longer…

Btw thank you for your hard work, hope Philips will reward the moderators in one way :slight_smile:

Nicobda

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Skipped backer from Brunei