General info about shipment and manufacturing

There are PPMs everywhere, but not at my home🤣
Is Philips kidding all the backers?

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-PPX620-INT-Projector-Bluetooth/dp/B07SQRL4ZJ?currency=USD&language=en_US

When would you update Taiwan shipments?
There is no reply from Zendesk. Ticket No: 28574😕

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N

We are now seeing the “one for the road” backers getting tracking numbers. We are seeing PPMs being sold on Amazon. We are seeing units being received, returned, and replaced… But original backers are still waiting almost a year after ordering.

Ivo mentioned that a solution had been found for the ROW backers and that all South African shipments were now being made together.

The PPMs can be sent from Hong Kong to South Africa… one backer (@ctguy) received his. The rest of us are completely in the dark.

PLEASE can you provide some kind of update.

6 Likes

@Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N Care to comment about Kuwait shipping?

1 Like

I am one of the guys waiting for the ”one for the road”, and I AM confused by the fact that I already received a tracking number although there are still lots of backers waiting for the first device.

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt,

Please are there any updates on this?

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi guys, we are trying to communicate more with you all, and even though I may not have the information I wanted to share with you yet, it’s better to tell you all anyways.

• Shipments in EU that have not been delivered and are either with DHL still or have been returned to sender:
    These are still being investigated by our forwarder. What’s sad is that despite us telling them we have issues with these, like on a sheet of 101 tracking labels that were returned to sender or duplicate tracking numbers, they just came back with “answers” indicating that 100 were “delivered successfully”, and that only 1 potentially had a real issue. I didn’t know whether to cry or laugh. Instead I called our representative in China, Betty, and explained to her why these results of being “delivered successfully” did not apply to our shipments in most cases but to the previous use of that tracking number! So now the reused tracking numbers were even wreaking havoc in their own systems, and they still were failing to see that. I sent Betty the list again, this time complete with clickable links directly to the tracking page of DHL DE where in fact they have to input a postal code because the site itself said

Several items are attributed to this shipment number . Please limit your search by entering the recipient’s postal code.

So tomorrow she will have the forwarder come to her office and they’re going to go through the list one by one until they realize the magnitude of their mistake. Which will hopefully lead to them taking the proper steps to rectify the situation.

• EU shipments returned to the German warehouse:
    I sent a list of addresses I had confirmed by the backers through their tickets (thanks for that!) to the forwarder asking them to please resend those. Instead of them starting that process after me telling them at least three times since that that was what they should do, all I got back was another “results” sheet, saying they were successfully delivered! “TO YOU GUYS” I cried out loud, but just wrote them again asking them to please just resend them. No action yet as far as I know after a full 10 days.

• Exotic countries: we are still looking at other shipping methods, but we are very careful, as we don’t want the shipments to fail and have to retry multiple ways like happened with the Russian deliveries.

• Ticket response: I now have 2200 tickets assigned to me that are about this campaign’s logistics, ranging from “what’s my Backerkit ID?” to “when will you ship” to “the tracking number is not working”. This last one has again resurfaced in a new fresh batch of tickets as we got tracking labels for a new shipment and uploaded these to Backerkit, lots of people who aren’t on the forum or never read the FAQ regarding the shipping expecting their tracking to go live as soon as they got it or within two days.
    So as I can’t handle all of these tickets by myself, I now have another colleague helping me with these, besides his regular technical support tickets, so not 100% of his time. We decided to also look at the shipping issues from the fulfillment side, as the tickets may have duplicate issues and some may have been solved already by a successful shipment or by no longer being relevant. But we have to still go through them all to find the ones that matter most and are still open. On Monday I worked for 18 out of 25 hours on these issues and slept about 2 in total. So you are important to us and we are doing our outmost best to handle these cases, in which even our forwarder who’s supposed to be an expert can’t seem to figure out what’s happening. It’s all not rocket science perhaps, but we can’t just open a can of people to answer these as ultimately the real solutions still have to come from the forwarder.

Positive from all of this since last week is that we are making progress, it’s not a standstill even though the outcome for you guys is still the same as in no projector coming your way yet. We are making progress and will soon have solid answers for you, I’m just reluctant to predict what or when as I’ve been proven wrong by factors beyond my control before.

Ivo

7 Likes

Thanks a lot Ivo,
I am one of those “returned to the warehouse”. While I am not happy with the situation I appreciate that you took the time to update us. I am sure this kind of updates will reduce many emails and forum posts asking about each of our shipments. Please, continue keeping us updated and thanks for the hard work on your side.

1 Like

Nothing about Indian backers again. So shipping ban continues to another year. What’s the plan? Do we have to wait till then?
@Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt

How do you propose for us to deal with this?

Our projectors are made in China, you live in India.
The option you asked us about to ship to a relative in the UAE had a time window we could not guarantee at the time, if there ever is another such opportunity we could evaluate that again and see what the options are then.

But for now we don’t have any options to ship to India really. It’s not even a matter of who will ship it or where from, if it has to go through customs as declared goods, there’s a high risk that it will not be allowed through and will either be returned or destroyed.

So if you’re not willing to wait it out, then by all means reply to your ticket indicating you want a refund, and I’ll make sure it gets to the person who can handle the refund for you.

1 Like

It’s already over 8 months.(Contribution Date is November 17, 2019) but i have nothing. every post & email just reply “We have tried our best to find ways to ship your perk to you.”

Post Code: MACAU, 853
Tracking Number: DHL – 2630239721 (23-July)
IndieGoGo contribution ID: 18452
Contribution Date: November 17, 2019
Backerkit ID: 15785213
Ticket ID: #24586

I have lived in Thailand ID 14552 until now, the tracking number is not working at all. In conclusion, is it shipped here? Why there is no progress at all?

@IvoGrijt

We are happy to say that we have just received our projector … and even though at times we were particularly upset due to the lack of feedback following the loss of our DHL shipment 4 months ago … today we can say that we are very happy to finally have the projector in our hands and that it is a piece of art!

We are already using it in presentations and our executives are particularly happy with the quality of the product.

For everybody else who is also in the pipeline to receive a projector, we can finally say that, this projector is worth it, and that Ivo’s promises that he will get those delayed projectors finally to all of us, is indeed a true promise, as proven in our case.

As we read from Ivo’s quote below, they are indeed making progress, and with some patience we hope that soon everybody else here will enjoy this great projector too, as we do.

Thank you @IvoGrijt and from our side this may be the last time we visit this forum - and if we do again, it would not be to complain :wink:

Warmest Regards

4 Likes

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T:

This feedback that you have that “Indian customs will not permit Chinese products to enter the country” is wrong. There is no such Government instruction and Airports/Ports across the country are clearing goods made in China on a daily basis. There is only a recent restriction imposed on import of colour television sets (not only from China but from any country). This restriction does not apply to projectors.
There was a hiatus in clearance for a while from the end of June till middle of July when there were tensions between the two countries, but after mid-July, Customs clearances have been done and I know of instances of the same Philips projectors being cleared from Delhi and Kolkata from July 11th onwards. So please do start shipping to Indian backers and tell the forwarders or whoever is giving you this feedback to get their facts straight.
Btw my ticket number is 24573 and I have sent nine polite reminders to support@screeneo.com but have not received any feedback so far. Please give me an update on this.
Thank you.

Thanks Ivo for your effort, can we have the list of ID, at least to check that we’re there and no-one is forgotten ?

1 Like

India- China issue started mid of June. Before that most of the Indian backers received their projectors or was on the way. Why was I left out then? Did I make a mistake?
I have responded for all the emails from screenio with in fews hours. Submitted all the documents and information on time. Even though I was left out.

You are claiming that a product which was already manufactured and was with the forwarder, cannot send to UAE in one month of time?

So regarding the refund. My money was with your company for almost an year. Even if the amount is refunded, I have to bear the bank charges, convertion rate difference, altogether might reach 50—70$ loss. Any solution for that?

As you have said above, if I can arrange someone from UAE, will you be able send with in a month of time? I don’t think it will be a problem for your company as ‘one for road’ backers are also starting to get theirs.

1 Like

Appreciate the effort you are putting in. Can’t help but think that Philips the company not Ivo the individual should be doing more.

It is an absolute mess and not one for you to unpick it is for someone senior in Philips to resolve. There are projectors in the UK for sale they should be redirected to customers. Likewise in other countries.

The forwarding company in China should not be used anymore and a competent alternative found.

What due diligence did Philips complete prior to picking the forwarding company. Was it what’s your price? Oh your cheap let’s go.

Anyway it is getting a bit boring the lack of results from Philips. Not having a go at you Ivo. Just fed up with the lack of professionalism from Philips. It is worse than some of the bad one man band indiegogo campaigns.

2 Likes

Oh no, you won’t get to leave us so quickly now! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
At least post some pics in Loving my PPM (share your stories & pics)

According to the latest info I have, the forwarder is working on shipments to Macau.

A list of which kind of ID’s do you mean?

I honestly do not know, and no, you did not make a mistake.

What I’m saying is that given the current record of this forwarder, I could not guarantee anything. I’ve seen them ship to the other side of the world within 4 days, and also take months to ship to their own backyard in Asia.
So I still can not guarantee that. If there’s a time window to a shipping address I prefer to not even commit to trying as I can’t guarantee anything in this regard.

And other shipments including “one for the road” are not the hindrance of any already booked shipments like yours, the unit we allocated for your shipment is waiting at the forwarder for a solution to be found.

Refund questions I can not answer, perhaps @Philips_Support_N can.

1 Like

Thanks Ellis!

We are doing as much as we can, all of us. We got extra people in to work on some tasks so that I can focus on the tasks that are difficult to resolve, and to find the actual solutions. We even have senior staff working on these cases, like our CEO Steve (known on the forum as PhilipsSteve) who is actively helping out on a daily basis including the weekends.
The projectors that you may see online at retailers are not ours, they are units bought by these retailers via the same campaign. We told them to hold off sales until we we’re done with the campaign, but we didn’t expect nor plan to still be busy on this campaign to this date. So we can’t very well go and collect the units back from them and tell them to ship these to our backers instead, it just doesn’t work that way.

We have and still are looking into divorcing from this forwarder. This is not easy however, as we not only need them to finish the campaign with the stock they’re still holding on to, but also to finish resolving the issues with shipments already carried out by them, like returned to sender, claims, and still in transit items.
When we were selecting forwarders we looked at more than just price on our side, but also to the added costs for the backers. We had at least 2 other forwarders we tried with before settling on this one. And they have delivered over 14000 units just fine in the end, with about 1500 issues (not yet shipped, still in transit, returned to sender) still to be resolved. And some of these were not even their fault but were due to people moving and the addresses not being changed in time or in the right place, some people refused to pay the import taxes upon arrival to their country, others were not at the address specified due to corona, the packages were sometimes lost, damaged, or stolen before the backer got it, etc.

The biggest problem we have with them is the communication. I sometimes ask them something, and either get no response at all or get a reply that I cannot understand or use at all.
Checkout this exchange I had with them on the subject of shipments returned to the German warehouse.

These shipments would’ve been in the backers’ homes by now if they had done as I asked on the 10th.

It’s the forwarder who’s causing us to look bad unfortunately, and we can’t get rid of them just yet unfortunately. Their faults in these cases caused us such an overload in tickets that we also succumbed to them and are slowly crawling back up from that also. If they had handled the list I sent them for instance, that would’ve been another 54 cases I could’ve solved and closed the tickets of.

2 Likes

The tracking number still not working.
There is no response from support@screeneo.com😕

Sorry for moaning

1 Like