General info about shipment and manufacturing

Just rechecked my DHL tracking and “Oops! Something went wrong while trying to process your request, please try again.”

Hi backer #6043 here from Singapore. I just wondered how come you declared 7k+ orders shipped but I haven’t received any email updates so far???

3 Likes

Sadly they do not prioritize by backers number…
Priority is only per region and number of backers in it.

Here Backer #1986, in Shanghai, China… Still haven’t received the projector.

2 Likes

Hi PPM Team
I’m from Viet Nam
My contribution id: 11761
My contribution day: sep 24,2019
My Backerkit id : 15587440
In next batch- latest list backerkit id have 15587439, 15587441, 15587442, it have not 15587440( for me)

Why? i don’t understand
COVID 19 cases in Viet nam are very low(270). Viet Nam is near to Hong Kong and my country is not blocked
Please, please ship PPM to me. Thanks so much. Please Forget me not. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Hien,

I was checking the list for my ID as well, but nothing. They don’t ship by the backerid so if you have a couple of consecutive ones, you may not have yours there, cause these backers might actually have lower contribution ID or are in a region which was prioritize.

I’m sure we won’t be left forgotten, just have to patient. I hope you’ll have luck in the next week’s batch.

Cheers,

1 Like

@IvoGrijt Thanks for your understanding. Its more about to make sure we don’t endup in forgotten ones (missed) during shipment, since backerkit number does not give any idea which range or countries has been shipped. If an additional column in the excel sheet is added with this info probably that could help or a brief overview while announcement.
@Philips_Support_N An update on this info would help to keep the hopes up. Kindly reply.

I bought my PPM in august 2019. My backer kit number is 186…as you can understand I received a faulty unit and they promise a “quick” return 60 days ago…

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I hope that i’ll to receive my PPM in next batch

I understand your reasoning, and hope with you that we may get more insight.

One thing I want to make clear though:

No, cause the Backerkit ID has no correlation to backing order, as people who backed much later may have filled in their Backerkit surveys before others who backed earlier.

The shipping order is more or less decided by country they ship to, if there’s 200 going to country A and there are 300 backers there, then the first 200 according to the Indiegogo contribution ID will get theirs, regardless of other backers with possible lower numbers bit in other countries.

So even knowing contribution ID’s like you asked for won’t be a guarantee about delivery timelines, it might instead lead to even more frustration and anger as someone might see contribution ID’s higher up the list and start complaining about being forgotten, about Philips being liars and cheaters, etc.

Patience is fine, @IvoGrijt, but the constant lack of transparency is way past acceptable.

First I was forgotten, then I was punished for Brexit, then the pallet is sat in a holding pen somewhere for two weeks and all the while @Philips_Support_N and the rest keep making excuses. I know that passing this on to the press won’t speed things up but as I can’t cancel my order, I can’t get my projector and the ‘Philips’ team on here don’t want to accept any responsibility for their multiple failures or even say sorry (and hide behind you, who unfortunately takes the brunt of the flack) then my only real course of action to register my disappointment is by making sure that the Philips PR team hear about it.

My experience of global corporations like Philips is that if you want to get something done you start at the top and the easiest way to get attention from those at the top is negative press, this will then result in a cascade of unpleasantness that will land and the feet of those who have treated us so incredibly badly

I think we have all given the Philips team plenty of opportunities to apologise and be open and honest about timelines and to engage with us rather than hiding behind you, @IvoGrijt.

8 Likes

You want to see a campaign properly run just look at Formovie dice

3 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

144 backers is a fraction of Philips’ campaign. Of course it’s much easier :slight_smile:

Also they have the same problems with shipping as everyone.

2 Likes

Yes, technically they are excuses, but they’re also the explanation of the true issues they have no control over. They can’t tell the German customs to prioritize our precious projectors over medical equipment that thousands of healthcare workers are waiting for to be able to do their jobs safely. All Philips can do is tell us what’s going on.

Simon, perhaps due to the barrage of questions, complaints, and status update requests and such you may have missed it, but PhilipsNono himself has apologized for all of the delays and such:

I also made sure to quote this apology in the news summary thread.

So while giving them even more pressure by going to the press and such might cause something to happen, it might not be the right thing to do right now. If there were no global pandemic causing all these disruptions and you felt wronged after 8 months, then perhaps you might’ve been right in sharing your views with someone from the press. But as it stands at the moment, I don’t believe many will take you seriously, and even if they do, the consequences of such publicity will possibly harm people just trying to do their job and deliver on a campaign no one predicted would turn out to be this chaotic.

Please try to put things in perspective and just wait a little longer, once the units get through customs it will not be long before you finally get yours. You’ve waited this long, I’m sure you can wait another week.

3 Likes

144 units is less than Philips makes in one day. If they had as few to ship they would’ve been done in November / December.

2 Likes

Well…then there is nebula max too

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

woowwwww… I’m in the last list!!! Backerkit 15585796 IGG 14060 October 3 2019
Is this possible??? Have I find the correct Backerkit #???

Can’t wait for it… But I know… it will be in my hand not before the end (or close the…) of May…

Well… Thanks
Rino

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Please confirm where the PPMs on the latest list are going (which countries).

How would this help you? If your number isn’t on the list, then there were more backers in your country before yours than there were units going to your country, if at all.

1 Like