General info about shipment and manufacturing

If people don’t send email to CEO and you are not answering what people asking then where they should go? My picopix was supposed to be delivered on March now it is may still I don’t have any information is this not disappointing? And do you what waiting is?

1 Like

Tom cook won’t disappoint people once they promise and they deliver there promise I am sorry to be rude but I can see a proper job in Philips really disappointed

Tom Cook? is that the CEO of Kitchen Aid?

2 Likes

question to the asia zone backers with tracking info from the 10th, has your tracking number been activated yet? I know they appeared to be scanning some today

Barry,

PhilipsNono did not ask anyone to shut up, he politely asked for people to not mail or contact those people higher up in the chain, it only slows everything down because he has to then deal with the bosses and inform them about statuses and such just to catch them up to speed. All of which is precious time he could’ve spend chasing suppliers, factory supervisors, forwarders, support personnel, etc.

At no point did he tell backers to shut up.

6 Likes

Hey @nono! :slight_smile:
Is there a way to find out my tracking number? I got mailed by Philips that my PPM would be shipped in the beginning of april, but I did not yet get a mail from DHL with my tracking code, do I still need to wait for that? Thanks in advance!

it should be on your backerkit page

It is interesting to see how many people are suddenly becoming worldwide renowned expert in logistics and industrial production processes. It is a phenomenon similar to the sudden explosion of virology and public health experts since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemia…

I have the impression that when all the people who spend their time complaining will get the precious PPM, they will feel a real emptiness in their life…and will need to look for another reason to complain. But it is just an impression.

@IvoGrijt and @Philips_Support_N keep up the good work for which I have absolutely no competence.

10 Likes

Now delivered, connected to wifi, upgraded to 1.0.29, and commandeered by my 7 year old daughter. Amazingly this all seems to have happened without me ever coming on here to complain about anything :slight_smile: No doubt I’ll post some more comments/questions in a more appropriate thread once I’ve managed to regain control… Thanks, @Philips_Support_N.

9 Likes

Asking people to stop sending emails, in my humble opinion, is not the right way to go about this. We have freedom of speech (at least where I live), and if I feel the need to write to the CEO because the logistics department is not providing any answers to my questions, then that’s allowed. If the CEO starts to receive thousands of emails a day, then clearly something is wrong in that department. In this case, escalation to a higher level might actually result in real changes, such as finding a different forwarder or increasing the capacity of the logistics team. We should not underestimate the power of large crowds :wink: We’re doing the same with the petitions for Netflix or Google Play Services certifications.

3 Likes

No one’s stopping you from writing emails, they’re mainly just saying that it won’t help your aims (assuming your aims are to get your PPMax delivered). The reasons for the various delays are discussed ad nauseam throughout this forum (and this thread). Complaining to various CEOs is unlikely to change those facts. What it might do is convince them not to bother with crowdfunding again.

3 Likes

You can’t imagine how many people are happy right now that you will finally get your perk, hope everything is fine with your unit!

4 Likes

:point_up_2:t5:
This! It’s the most likely outcome of an email complaint campaign like this. An outcome I’m not very excited about, to be frank. I kind of like the possibility to interact directly with the developers, while I’m of course also aware of the drawbacks of crowdfunding, like uncertain schedules and possible changing specifications.

3 Likes

Cheeky.

Today will feel like my birthday, mainly because this was my birthday present to myself. My birthday was back in October when this was supposed to ship :wink:

3 Likes

Just tracked the parcel on the DHL UK site and can see my Picopix arrived at Gatwick this afternoon and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!!

Happy days!

2 Likes

I am not convinced that there is a place for big brands in crowdfunding. Sure, if this had been done under the screeneo brand then it would have been a great project but a large part of the failure was an assumption that this had the backing of Philips and wasn’t just a small outfit that had licensed the name.

2 Likes

Will see if I can do an unboxing video and get it on here.

2 Likes

Hey Tom, did you get another DHL email with a new tracking number?

The DHL one I have shows a change of status @17:02 yesterday in Koln but nothing else has come through

In my humble opinion Barry, you are wrong.

None of those petitions you talk about target the CEO of multinational companies. And yes, you have freedom of speech, but you were kindly asked to not exercise it towards the people higher up the chain at Philips, as it will not help your cause.
If the outcome of your petition is that people like PhilipsNono lose their position or even job, would that be the outcome you and others advocating writing to CEO’s are after?

Kom op zeg!

5 Likes

I didnt no, I put my existing tracking number into the below UK website and it showed a new updated status. My old tracking link hasn’t updated yet so try your tracking number on the below site ( This site didnt work originally for me, only now it has entered the uk) : https://track.dhlparcel.co.uk

1 Like