General info about shipment and manufacturing

Let’s take it one by one.

"be a good boy or Philips has all the right to not ship to you because its not a purchase but an investment "

Where exactly did you see this?
Yes, I was one of the guys saying loud and clear, you are not purchasing on indiegogo. That’s exactly what is says on their Terms and Conditions.
But where did anyone say that, if you’re not a good boy, Philips will not ship because of that?
My take on this: You are wrong and just a lair!

are those real backers or staff disguised under regular user, beta-tester accounts?

Don’t know about the others, but I’m not in any way associated with Philips nor Screeneo.
If you by any chance discover some elements proving differently, please tell me also. If I am working for them, at least I could have the right to get paid one way or another.

this fourm is not helping, instead its suppressing all the voices by playing the good cop bad cop trick

Last time I checked, there were some employees of Screeneo wasting weekends and evenings from private time in order to research and help people having problems here.
You, are lacking any traces of reason and respect!

Who exactly is shutting who’s mouth? If someone is complaining without any logical arguments, isn’t my right as user of this forum to bring her/him into attention the arguments that she/he is missing?
So you mean, someone answering you with arguments, logical arguments, with references to Documents that you read and accepted!, that is calling shutting someone’s mouth? Are you for real?

let me make this clear.

First, your investment theory is totally BS.
Investor losing their money while others gains benefit is not called investment, its called fraud.
If backers pledged, and the product is made real, backers has the right to receive their awards in prior.

Second, You don’t have to say it directly, but your position as a beta-tester and the way you emphasize the right to not ship, is already pure intimidation.

Lastly, you are not providing any useful information on the topic, instead you are deluding the discussion. Though not at a satisfactory level, @IvoGrijt has been the only person entity who provides information that are somewhat useful.

Now this would make anyone to question, if you are neither involved in the distribution processing nor waiting to receive a product, what position you are stand for, and what is your intention.

1 Like

Let me get this even clearer. Because your arguments are not clear at all.

Who said investors are losing their money? How did you come to this conclusion?

Who said anything different?

Do you know what a “beta-tester” is? Are you aware that practically anyone on this forum can be a beta-tester ? You just have to apply for it.
The only difference between normal users and beta-testers is that the beta-testers will get the firmware updates sooner, so that bugs can be found before the update is made public.
How is that an act of intimidation? Please help me understand that!

And here is a pure and disgraceful LIE
Please show me where I ever said on this forum that Philips has the right not to ship! And I insist on this one! I want you to show me where I ever said this!

True! Difference being, Ivo is actually working for Screeneo for customer support (for this campaign) whereas I am not. For as long as I don’t have access to their ticket systems and don’t have contacts with their partners dealing the shipment, I can’t possibly tell here anything else but how to check your tracking number on the german website, to translate for you what the german website is saying (in case you need help with that) and remind you of the logic you keep forgetting.

Well, what do you know? I actually am waiting to receive a product.

How exactly did you jump to the conclusion that I’m not waiting for the product? How exactly do you form your opinions based on no facts or arguments whatsoever?

It’s not at a satisfactory level for myself either. Trust me when I say this.

But I often just don’t know what to say, that I haven’t said before already or isn’t just a repeat of previous statements instead of something actually useful. Because even though Philips Projection is ultimately indeed responsible for delivering the shipments, we do not run a shipping company ourselves but rely on a forwarder to do that for us and provide us with accurate information. But when they don’t despite us chasing them, threatening them, and sending Chinese speaking contacts to talk directly with them, then I’m left with a whole lot of nothing to share with the backers still waiting.

Philips Projection can’t go to DHL directly and tell them to change an address, to release a shipment on hold, or to fix an issue with duplicate labels issued, as technically speaking Philips Projection is NOT the sender of the packages, our forwarder in China or their partner in Germany is. So even if we approach DHL about anything they’ll say “We don’t have any business with you guys.”

So instead of coming on the forum to answer to these claims and remarks all the time we have spent the time working on other solutions and ways to figure out who’s still waiting and why. On Friday we finally got a list of all the ROW shipments that did not happen despite having given us a tracking number for them, and also all the others not carried out at all despite our requests to do so. We are now (through the weekend) looking at the reasons, trying to fix them, and finding other solutions where needed.

Some of you may for instance already have received an email asking for additional address or contact information where this was the issue.
Next week we should have a lot of information for a lot of you still waiting.

2 Likes

This update is almost two weeks past. Any update so far on Kuwait shipment. What is the next step?

1 Like

any further news on this?
i am still seeing this message, last time same message was coming from 30th june, so only now date has changed but no other progress…
" The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically

July, 21 2020 21:45 Local time"

Please let us know.

Thanks and regards,
Pravin
Batch- Joy, location- Sweden

1 Like

I’m a bit alarmed by this myself, but I know DHL DE don’t usually scan in the weekend, so I’m waiting for Monday to come around to get an update on these.

1 Like

This is promising. I do sincerely hope, for all the many people that have had undelivered shipping (including myself, purchased Sep, shipping stuck since 2nd May), that there will be a swift resolution.

Please though, note the following matters:

1. Customer Care Responsibilities:
    Only one person, a volunteer, is dealing with undelivered shipments.
    A large corporation such as Philips in cooperation with SCREENEO INNOVATION SA (“SCREENEO” is part of POWER DATA HOLDING SA), who jointly have received in excess of €6.8m in this campaign, have legal responsibilities to serve their customers by allocating more human resources - paid resources and not just one volunteer.

2. Contribution vs Purchasing:
    I see the claim of “this is a crowdfunding campaign”, “this is not a purchase” etc, therefore do not expect same treatment as a purchase.

Can you please then explain this statement on the indiegogo campaign:

An extra one for the road?

If you still wish to purchase an extra PicoPix Max for you or for your beloved ones, we are happy to offer you an extra discount: we offer you the same price you’ve paid for your first projector! (except for the 399euros and 419 price points which will be at 439euros + shipping).

So, sometimes when it suits you it’s a purchase and sometimes it’s a contribution?

1. Communication:
    People are asked to write to the screeneo support email, and after a month or two, nobody replies at all.

2. Shipping subcontractors:
    Clearly your subcontractors are beyond extremely poor service standards.
    Why don’t you change them?
    Why don’t you ship a projector to those who have been waiting for months (in my case purchased - yes PURCHASED - in September 2019, shipped in April, and still no delivery), via a different competent shipping company, whilst you are awaiting for the undelivered products to be returned to you?
    Why do I have to wait for you to deal with an incompetent shipping company, instead of shipping a fresh product to me now? Get me and others off your back, until you sort out where the lost shipments are.

3. Legal Actions:
    Please note that I had initiated legal procedings against Philips and Screeneo Innovation SA, and involved the ECC (European Commission’s - European Consumer Centres Network). I asked them to hold for a couple of weeks after a promise from you @IvoGrijt that we would see results very soon. Please note that the time is up and results have not yet been seen. I expect a response with substantial actions very soon. Failure to do so will result in a Class Action Lawsuit. Yes, these kind of lawsuits usually tend to get very nasty.

4. Media:
    Large media corporations are aware of this dysfunctional campaign and the unacceptable customer experience that Philips and Screeneo Innovation SA are rendering to scores of their customers/supporters. The clock is ticking Philips and Screeneo. Get your act together soon and allocate real resources in solving this charade before it spills out badly.

6 Likes

I know I’m one of the black sheep on this forum for always pointing out unpleasant not-matching information presented by one or another.
But fact is, I saw at least 2 persons on this forum involved in customer support. Both of them being currently employees of Screeneo.

I really dislike being the advocate of the devil, but the only one thing you can complain here is the wording and false marketing.

When you completed this “purchase” you did agree with the terms and conditions of Indiegogo and also had a confirmation screen at the very last step of the checkout process showing exactly this information

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

I have waited patiently and simply read updates here on the forum, but am getting a little worried now:

My DHL tracking number (Joy batch) just changed from “The shipment was announced electronically” to “There was no delivery for the shipment ordered by EDI data. The shipment data was therefore cancelled”.

I sent an e-mail to support@screeno.com asking for an update, but my mail was undelivered and returned to sender - thus I have no Ticket number to mention.

Tracking code: 00340434298892096489
IndieGoGo contributin ID: 20904
Backerkit ID: 16733218
Final destination is Germany

Thanks in advance for any news!
@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_T

1 Like

Same for me as the used mentioned above.
Final destination is Germany as well and I had to write here in the forum to be actually included in the shipping list at all!

1 Like

Hi George, thank you for reaching out to us again, I’m sorry that you even have to do so for this reason.

I’ll address your matters raised one by one:

1. I volunteered at first as a moderator, and was hired in May to join the team and really be able to help out, as before I was being just a messenger and middle man but not able to do much. By hiring me Screeneo gave me access to the data and tools needed to help with the tickets and the issues, which by then had accumulated due to a variety of reasons, including the loss of some employees that were working on this. The fact that many people (then) started to create multiple tickets by mailing us via Backerkit, Indiegogo, multiple mail to support@screeneo.com with fresh subject lines instead of replies to an earlier ticket response, PM’s on the forum, posts in threads, mentions, etc. only made the snowball larger.
    The campaign logistics are so complex, that if I did not have the experience gained from following the forum for months and the intelligence and language skills to hit the ground running, I would not even have accepted the request to join the team.
    Screeneo cares about this though, which is why even our CEO is involved in helping out as much as he can also, and Philips are also involved in weekly status meetings.

2. Note that it is an order, a pledge, a contribution, one where when you placed it, the items didn’t even exist yet and still had to be made. The fact that until the closing date of the Crowdfunding part of the campaign you could still cancel and get a refund (which isn’t possible after more than 2 weeks in regular purchasing on distance), also makes this different than a regular purchase.
    One could argue that as soon as you pay for something, you’ve purchased it. So it’s all a matter of semantics and language skills. If I were asked to word the One for the Road offer, I would’ve said

If you still wish to order an extra PicoPix Max for you or for your beloved ones, we are happy to offer you an extra discount: we offer you the same price you pledged for your first projector! (except for the 399euros and 419 price points which will be at 439euros + shipping).

1. The lack of answers is because of the avalanche in tickets and understaffing I mentioned in my response to point 1.

2. We can’t just change them because:
    a. they have our stock;
    b. at least 90% of all shipments went out without any issues other than Covid inflicted delays or service interruptions;
    c. we had tried 2 other methods before which also didn’t work out for us or our backers;
    d. they still own the shipments that went wrong, meaning that they are for all intents and purposes the shipper, not us. We can’t go knocking at DHL’s door for anything regarding these shipments as DHL will say: “You’re not my client”. So we have to deal with these forwarders to finish what we started at least.
    Regarding why we have to wait for their reaction instead of shipping a new unit out?
    a. We simply do not have enough units to afford to do that;
    b. Your unit might still be released, found, delivered by the other parties in the delivery chain, in which case we would be out of many units which we would then have to try to get back or paid by the backers;
    These are not just t-shirts where we can say “Oh, just send them another one instead”. We have to at least know that if for instance the last mile courier screwed up, that we have admission of fault by them and can claim the unit, before we can allocate a new one to be sent to you. Or know beyond doubt that everyone will get what the pledged for and not more than that.

3. I’m not a legal savant at all but I would think there’s no need for any of this, that it would only cost you more grief and money, is only intended to force a solution, and is based on frustration due to the lack of communication and progress mentioned above. I also think that it would not be beneficial to anyone involved. All you want is your perk or your money back. We want and try our best (which at times might not have been good enough) to get you your perk before resorting to giving you the money back, which would be easy enough. But we want you to enjoy our product, and for that to happen we need to just get yours to you, and keep you informed of our efforts. I hope you by now see that the rest of the team and I are working on both for you.

4. We do care about our image and our customers. Which is why we even started a crowdfunding campaign, to involve them in the process of bringing this projector to the market. Whereas other big companies just decide, create, produce, and sell without giving so much as a hint of what’s coming, we involved, for the first time ever, our costumers in the process. This even lead to some delays in production as we shifted towards backers’ suggestions and wishes for some components and features.
    And if we’re really being honest, if not for the Covid19 implications and delays, the forwarder slipping up because of those, then even the staff level at hand would’ve been enough to cope with the odd shipping exception here or there. I think that a lot of people keep forgetting that the pandemic has had many effects on our way of life and work that aren’t even realized and that will reverberate for years to come.

To now focus on your case specifically:
I’ve found your ticket #24580 and am updating it with what I see and know, and what my next steps will be. In your case it seems the issue is with DHL or CyprusPost, and I will ask the forwarder to launch an investigation.

Hope you can appreciate the communication I have presented to you, should you have other points or remarks please do share them with me / us.

Ivo

1 Like

I see the problem, you made a typo, the address to mail to is support@screeneo.com (you were missing an e in Screeneo). Please forward your email to us using that correct address.

We asked the forwarder about the EU shipment, and they said that it’s still waiting in their warehouse to be picked up and scanned by DHL.

Which URL are you using to track this though, as I don’t see the same information as you when I check your tracking label: https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-empfangen/verfolgen.html?piececode=00340434298892096489

1 Like

Thanks for your response @IvoG !

1. Thanks for mentioning my typo - dumb mistake by myself! Will send it again then.

2. Th URL I’m using for the DHL tracking: DHL Sendungsverfolgung | DHL (seems the same). I attached a screenshot, which is in German but is showing the tracking history as I mentioned. Am I doing something wrong here again?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, you’re not. The English language page just shows something different.

Thanks for the heads-up, I’ll mail this to the forwarder.

by chance, did you get any answers for reasons on why items are not yet picked up, let alone scanned?

Just curious to find if DHL dont care abt urgency or if this is their normal way to respond to delivering items.

1 Like

No I did not. They are slow with answering their emails during the day (possibly due to handling cargo most of the day) but do respond quicker via WeChat, which I don’t have but PhilipsNono has. So he checked in with them and gave me these answers so far.

1 Like

ok, thanks

1 Like

Thanks @IvoGrijt! Curious what the update will be upon their response.

1 Like

I have sent multiple emails replying to my ticket in regards to my shipping. The device was supposed to be resent with a new tracking number and on July 11 I was told that the tracking number would arrive within a week. It has now been over two weeks and still no number and no reply.

It is hard to calmly express the frustration I have. Not only did the item not arrive by Christmas, which was what the crowdfunding site initially projected, it then saw delay after delay. My own unit was “shipped” on 20 May. Now it has been over two months and I still don’t even have an update as to when I can expect it. Is it coming to me? Do I have to wait for another bulk shipment to Europe?

3 Likes