General info about shipment and manufacturing

Mohammad, I did my best to get you your projector, even though it took longer than we planned. I (We) have also apologized often enough for the delays.
If you now state that you probably no longer want yours and are considering selling it, the least I can still do for you is to help you sell it. You could also return it but then the shipping costs would be on you. So selling it allows you to mark up your price if you so want, and recoup all of your invested money and more.

I can’t turn back time, but I can at least be of service one last time to you now.

4 Likes

You know, some things we can control. Others we can’t.
In any case, the tracking is working again.

Actually dhl site which were working few days ago are not working and the sites which were not working earlier are working…

Funny and scary at the same time…

Hope DHL takes lessons from this and rectify them for future backers( if Philips is still gonna use them for shipments) :wink:

First of all I thought it is Philips nano or PhilipsSteve as you change your name and logo and if there is some one to help in here is you and I believe this community is running it is you helping the people but unfortunately I am not happy at all with Philips. There is no way ever I trust this brand in my life plus if I can stop people believe me I would differently try to do it. Unfortunately this projector cost me over 800 euros and it is not my first buy. The first one was backed up 2 months earlier then this one and was cancelled without even telling if we cancel you order you will lose money with exchange from pound to euros and euros to pound which I lost over 100 to 150 pounds with cornices exchange then I had to order again where I was told or promised you will get the projector April or May. End up it came august and still people are waiting. Why because Philips have not paid the suppliers or forwarders. And peoples projector whom are already paid was held for no reason. According to my calculations Philips should chased to the court with this miss they have put. And I must admit the hard work you are doing I personally appreciate your work. But unfortunately you can not get sound with one hand and if you claps your hands you have got to use 2 hand. What I mean the ready should work like you so the people can get the results. I will probably put my projector on eBay as I am sure I won’t enjoy it anymore.

3 Likes

@IvoGrijt
thank you ! here I am relieved! but I’ll wait until I have it in hand :wink: I had tried via 17track but so far it couldn’t find the package … who knows … thanks for the info anyway!

Philips should make more PPMs to send to the backers that they have not received the PPMs. Philips only ask backer to be patient. The forwarder causes all of the faults. Philips don’t care users receive the PPM or not. Is there any customer service that exists in Philips? I bought a power bank from Indiegogo at the end of July.; it arrived in Taiwan last week.

1 Like

Before we receive the PPM, why is Philips selling the PPM on Amazon? Philips has more PPMs; they don’t send it to the backers; they sell it on the online shop first?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SQRL4ZJ/

1 Like

It’s not the first time people mention about PPM already selling from the other online shop which Philipslvo who are work for Phillips said before It’s never selling online shop befor all the backers receive the goods, but you guys just ignored the question again and again. Never respond these questions.

I didn’t be ruded for anyone, but I just wonder why can’t respond the important question, maybe just I think important? I just need the specific answer about the only one question.

I didn’t receive my PPM, I’m the one already give up any hope from anything Phillips worker says, It’s just never happened once. Just waiting some day I receive, I will think It’s surprising for me.

Also Phillips company already became a never can trust company, I like some other backers can not buy anything from Phillips again. Maybe Phillips is too big to ignore us :roll_eyes:

No no no. Do not take snippets of what you read and turn things around and make them into something they are not.

The forwarder was NOT doing what we told them to do, caused us a lot of problems, delays, and loss of our clients. That’s why Philips Projection withheld their payment recently, to force them to get their act together.

Do you think Philips Projection was waiting for all these issues, deliberately withholding your product from you? Philips Projection is in the business of making and selling projectors, not shipping, which is why they contract other companies to do so. Of course it’s the responsibility of Philips Projection to get the products to the backers, and that’s what we’ve all been working really hard on, with a really small team that wasn’t supposed to have these issues at all.

People keep referring to not trusting Philips anymore and such, but how fair is that honestly? We all backed a product long before it was even finalized, let alone produced. We are still making these batch by batch (despite component supply issues along the way), you can’t compare this to any off-the-shelf buying experience you normally have with Amazon or AliExpress. So referring to “ordering in August” or even March this year is simply not the fair or relevant in my opinion, it’s a backing of a product which is not yet even made for most orders when they were placed.

So yes, the factories took a while to reopen, supply lines to deliver, workers to get back up to speed. And finally in early March we could have enough to ship out again. But then the cargo crisis had just begun, and the forwarder started having trouble shipping. Instead of communicating all of this to us clearly, they still issued tracking numbers, and sometimes even made mistakes like reusing tracking numbers which has already been used. For the longest time, we didn’t even realize the actual issues, but as time went by we started to understand and see a lot more of how they were failing us. And we decided to step in and try to find solutions, which is what we had contracted them for in the first place.

We found alternative routes for some (now) problematic shipping countries, looked into other shipping services altogether, and much more. We had about 15000(?) units shipped by this forwarder, and about 5%(?) of the shipments had an issue which perhaps could’ve been avoided. A further 2-3% never even left their premises due to service interruptions etc. And for those we are still chasing other options.

Anyone who’s had a problematic shipment (not just late, but a real problem) would understandably be upset, disappointed, or otherwise annoyed. But to say that you wouldn’t recommend or buy from Philips again, or even go as far as to disrecommend the brand to others, isn’t being fair to Philips I find.

I said that before because that’s what I was told would be the case. And when I found out they were being sold only, I was also upset that I had to find out like that. Because that made me look like a liar.

But: Philips Projection has distributors, who just like you are eager to get the product. Not to watch movies, but to make their living with, by earning money selling them. If some decide they no longer want to wait while our forwarder keeps screwing up a handful of shipments, we can’t really stop them, else we lose them also. They’re also important just like every backer here is.

The few units sold on Amazon I believe were not even meant to go live before we finalized the campaign, but no one expected there would still be fulfillment omissions and delays up till now, and the go live date was not adjusted.

Which question are you referring to exactly, as I’ve only found 5 posts in total from you on the forum, of which 2 were in what I believe is Taiwanese. I can read about 8 languages but none of the Asian ones unfortunately, and haven’t really found this question you’re referring to in the other 3.

1 Like

I am tired of hearing the reason you provide. Philips doesn’t care about us; they only care about the distributors can make money or not. PPM is a product that is in the mass production state. There is the only reason why we can not receive our PPM is Philips just doesn’t care about it!

1 Like

If I miss your response, I’m sorry. Because even I give up any schedule line from Phillips, I always following the comments on the forum, just wonder what’s happening now or what happening from other backers. I see before maybe 2 to 4 comments about PPM ON THE OTHER ONLINE SHOPS discussion, but I didn’t see Phillips worker gives them answer, but I see some of you response other questions, maybe sometimes It’s a little frustrating to see a lots of complains didn’t really get enough information what they want, so I just roll a little fast.

I’m glad that to get your response, but I also think It’s really not good enough, I see that it’s what you can do best and what you can do.

But It’s really shocking and can’t imagine that it’s really big brands like Phillips handled the transport processes like this. Any company can face any problems, It’s very regular. But crisis management is really basical even in these hardest time, PPM is not the only product on the Indegogo or other like these. But even the new company or new products are handled better, It’s not a one question one answer, things are not going like that, It’s has basic Q&A and give a real information even It’s cannot work out anything but we would understand what you really face.

But thanks for response again. But again what you says is really just a reasonable excuse. But thanks. I already get the answer what I want, thanks again.

Best regards.

2 Likes

And by the way what the purpose I buy the PPM is for teaching not just for watching videos, And I’m not blaming that you don’t know, Just let you know maybe It’s not most people’s purposes are like you thinks.

1 Like

:champagne::confetti_ball::tada:

2 Likes

Which other big brands do you see doing this, one to one to 15K backers?

The answer: 0 (zero)

Everybody just deals with distributors, and let them deal with shops, which then deal with customers. This was the first, and based on how it went down, might be the last time Philips does something like this.

You can find what I wrote to be excuses, which they in a way are. But they’re also just the plain truth, facts that we can’t change anymore as they already unfolded that way.

You may be tired of hearing it, but asked the question that’s the only answer you’ll get, because it’s the only one there is. If they didn’t care to hear about what we the prospective customers wanted, they would’ve just done what they’ve always done: design, manufacture, ship to distributors. But they didn’t, they let us be involved in the process and to this day we all still are. Which other company has their CTO on the forum answering technical questions, or their CEO engaging with backers? Have you ever spoken with anyone at that level at Dell, Sony, Samsung, or Apple?

Our problem delivering to you isn’t in the making of the units, it’s in getting the units to you all. We did do so for 95-98% of the backers, but some were still not lucky enough to be included due to various reasons outside of our immediate control.

Oh…So we need lucky enough then we could buy the products from Philips, it’s funny. For now, I think this is right. We all have bad luck because we bought the products from Philips😆.

Because they don’t have such terrible shipping as Philips, you and your CEO can’t fix anything. You even don’t know where the PPM is? When could you tell me where my PPM is since 6/22.

The shipping is terrible! Is it right?

3 Likes

Hello, my contribution id is 8251. I’ve ordered my PicoPix Max at 12 September 2019 and still not got it… Also I’ve sent an email to support@screeneo.com (request 26478) at 18 July with no response.

How about let’s change to this?
Which other big brands do you see selling their products on amazon, using backer’s money to put it on the top sponsored list, before they fulfilled all the rewards?
The answer : ZERO

Which other big brands let their “beta-testers”, unrelated to the distribution process, barking and woofing their backers, intimidating and telling them to wait forever while regular consumers obtain theirs from Amazon within a week?
The answer: ZERO

Oh yeah, and you want me to share my experience?

This project is the very first one I backed on Indiegogo, it had over 20k backers.
The fund raising was a huge success, but the production was a failure.
The team had disputes on finding the right manufacturer and eventually broke up.
Their leader had no choice but to sell the whole project to Brooks in the US.
However, what she did was, when she sold it to Brooks, she ensured that all the backers would acquire their headphones manufactured and delivered by Brooks, BEFORE Brooks could put it in the markets and sell to the the public.

and yes, she dealt with us one to one, for over 20k backers.

Now you are trying to telling me, Screeneo as a company, which is big enough to exchange contract with Philips, using their brand name to lure backers on Indiegogo, is more irresponsible than a regular college student in the US? How pathetic that is?

btw, I am still waiting your response, I am on the Laurent list, and I don’t even have a tracking number yet.

4 Likes

You have not provided update on Kuwait shipping for a month now. I already sent an email (on my ticket a week ago) and even posted here - yet no update considering you conduct regular meetings with your forwarder. Seems the customer service here is just responding selectively. Please inform us if we will wait for how long so I can do necessary action.

1 Like