General info about shipment and manufacturing

Yet they can’t even post a list of the backer numbers that are included in that - citing data protection (which is hilariously insulting).

1 Like

It only takes one person to claim his privacy was treaded upon by Philips, and they’ll have a dataleak incident on their hands.

Some people have posted all sorts of ideas to get transparency on the situation, like a table with following 3 fields:
Country || Last IG backer shipped || ETA for next batch of x (e.g. 300 0r 500 whatever)

But I honestly don’t think they can even do that, not because they don’t want to, but because everything is volatile.

To give a small example:
They were shipping a batch to AU/NZ and part of it got held back for inspection by HK customs. They had not counted on this, but despite telling the backers this had happened, people still got upset and kept complaining about them not doing as promised.

Before that they expected to have a certain amount ready within two days of restarting production, only to have 3 units sampled fail the QC leading to all 500 needing reworking. Again, some were upset saying they lost all faith, etc etc.

An issue that’s now also different from usual is that the planes out of HK or China are less than usual and carrying medical supplies mostly, leaving little room for other shipments. Let’s say Philips plan to send 300 units to Canada, when they have the batch at the forwarder these come back to them saying they don’t have flight space to Canada but do have room on a flight to Brazil. If however there are 400 backers in Brazil then some people will be disappointed and complain they weren’t included, the ones in Canada will complain that they were again skipped, and that’s not even taking into account the possibly wildly varying backer numbers in each region.

So therefore a list by country, backer, or anything else they come up with will still lead to problems and complaints. So instead they’ve resorted to just tell us as often as possible what has actually been achieved and happened. Cause that is true and actual, everything else is speculation. And even that is met with ridicule, complaints, and anger, as people still don’t read even that and just keep asking questions about personal status.

6 Likes

This is the sort of fundamental misunderstanding of data protection laws that makes me quite irritated.

We all know our backer number, we all have a choice if we want to share that information so people can tie our backer number to our user account here. We also have a choice if we want to expose any personally identifiable information in our user account. Our backer number is not personally identifiable information though - it’s not a phone number and it’s not an email address. What I am suggesting is that you post a list like this:
1234,2252,2325,6464,3232,5454 → Shipped to Germany, ETA 31st October 2019
That information exposes no personally identifiable information about me or anyone else so is not in scope for data protection but it does allow me to see where and when I am likely to get a projector and to raise it with you if I have been forgotten again.

Stop hiding behind data protection myths.

11 Likes

Hi Thanks! This is great and to add to that, what I meant was that I’m interested in the cumulative number of items that has passed the packaging stage, including everything that has already gone out. I guess we are somewhere around 6500 right now? I would like to know the total number as it give me some idea of how close mine is to shipping.

As I said in a few posts above, knowing the total amount of shipped packages says little about how close you are to getting yours, as they could skip past your number / country in favour of another where they do have the flights to, papers sorted for, or many other reasons.

I was not hiding, I simply did not understand or see it this way, thanks for making that clear to me now.
And I would tend to agree, the numbers on their own do not give away any personal data.

1 Like

I would love to see posts like that.

3 Likes

Yes I fully understand that @IvoGrijt but I still think it is very valuable information for the backers as it also give a general sense of how close Screeneo is to fulfilling the backer orders.

Of course, by now I understand that the shipping is based on regions to make that process more efficient and that it is only roughly in order of backer number.

1 Like

I mean that they could say something like:

“Today a batch of 1570 units has passed QC, next step is shipping, we will keep you updated. This brings the total number of units that have passed QC to 6590.”

3 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt
Can I ask if we know how many have been shipped in total so far?

2 Likes

I lost count a bit, sorry. I don’t work at Philips but am just a backer like the rest of the users on this forum, so I have no direct insight into numbers nor hotline to any of the Philips team members.

What I’ll try to do for you is to re-read the Latest News Updates Summarized thread and add the numbers up from there.

Perhaps someone from the Philips team can also answer your question still.

Did anybody in EU get tracking numbers?

Nope, I’m a forgotten EU backer but still no tracking.

:-1:

1 Like

Not yet. But the day isn’t over…

In case others (like me) were not aware, UK is not in the EU shipping classification.

So if you’re in the UK and are asking EU shipping, you’re asking the wrong questions, just an FYI!

The UK was included in the EU shipping classification!

It was listed as GB in the initial shipment criteria.

Dont know how to quote from another thread, but it turns out that’s now not the case.

Detail is in the Europe shipping thread.

Ahh just saw. This is disgusting , not cool…

1 Like

It’s best to follow the Latest News Updates Summarized at the least so you can find all the news updates, good or bad, quoted so you can link back to where it was posted. That way no news posted by Philips will sneak past you.