Hi everyone who’s still waiting on an answer from me.
Due to personal reasons I’ve had to take it a bit easier the last few days. The rest of the support team is busy with the technical support calls while I’m getting almost all the logistical support questions. A big thank you to all who politely chased me and did not get angry, or at least didn’t show it to me. I have not forgotten about you.
The rest of the campaign team has been busy with the 2020 line-up the past few weeks, so while the fulfillment of this campaign is still important to us all, I’m the only one at the moment working 90% of the time on the logistics of this campaign. The other 10% of my time I’m working on the forum, moderating and answering questions here.
The forwarder’s team seems very focused on getting our instructions and doing the bulk shipments, but doesn’t seem very keen or capable in handling the exceptions, probably due to the language barriers.
I have sent one-off requests to the forwarder and gotten little to no feedback, so I’m going to switch my system of dealing with the requests. I’m going to make a sheet with the following issues, each a separate one handling only those cases, and see if I can get feedback faster:
- Returned 2 Sender
Shipping Exception DHL (no progress / stuck in Germany / stuck in UK / stuck by Amazon / still in transit)
Tracking Not Working / Not Shipped (label given before 20-6-2020 but not working; probably not shipped then somehow)
- Lost / Stolen in Transit / Upon Delivery
- Other issues
the bolded parts can be used as subject lines when mailing support, see below
Once I get feedback, I’ll start by updating the tickets first, then circling back to the forum PM’s, mentions, threads, etc. I’m aiming to have this all done by the end of the week, so that next week we can have feedback or resolution to these issues.
If you do not yet have a ticket, but have PM’d, mentioned, posted in a thread, or otherwise communicated using the forum only, please send an email with one of the subject lines in the table above, to firstname.lastname@example.org to open a ticket, and copy your issue from the forum into the email. What helps me is if, when you have an issue, provide us with as much information as you have. Yes we can look it all up, but that takes extra time, when you probably have the information, your information, already at hand. So if you have an issue with your shipment or tracking code, it helps me if you provide me with:
- your name or email you backed with if different from the one you’re mailing the support desk with
- your address postcode at least, the full address if you don’t mind
- the actual tracking code
- your IndieGoGo contribution ID
- your Backerkit ID
- if it’s a follow up request, the number of the previous ticket if known, or just replying to the last email received in the previous ticket submitted
- the steps you’ve already done to solve this issue you’re facing
- as detailed a description of your issue or request as possible
This saves me from having to look up info in all sorts of systems before I can start to find a solution.
If you already do have a ticket, but did not have all these details in it, please REPLY to the email you got back last from the supportdesk system and add any of the above not yet present in the ticket.
This allows me to sort / filter based on subject line in the support desk tool, and collect all the separate cases into the sheets I’m working on.
There’s just too much going on and everyone’s issue is important to us, so I need to find a way to solve them all for you guys. I hope this works to help get the huge bulk of tickets and issues down to a manageable amount where we can have answers within a day at the most. At the moment the tickets come in faster than we can handle them, mostly because a lot of users keep sending new emails instead of replying to the existing (automated) responses they got from the system or us.
That’s my update on these so far, I’ll go back now ti the supportdesk side and will keep you guys posted on my progress throughout the days.