Has anybody with a defective unit waiting to ship received an answer from Philips?

I have just emailed to support@screeneo.com to request for a replacement.

However, I observed that @Philips_Support_T and @Philips_Support_T didn’t reply in this platform. Would appreciate if they will do same like @Philips_Support_P. Please be more active. It will calm many people down.

Thanks

2 Likes

I’m in a very similar situation. (1) Send an email, get directed to a web form to arrange collection. Fill in details, receive an automated response. Nothing happens re a collection. Repeat from (1) I’m not sure if this is total incompetence or something verging on dishonesty. I’m fairly sure that people posting on this forum are the tip of the iceberg. How many others have not bothered posting on here and/or have given up, and written off their payment and misplaced confidence in Philips. I for one will never purchase a Philips product again.

Because it will be nice for you to be ignored by another part of Philips too.

2 Likes

Hello @cjwilber I am in the engineering team and don’t have any means to process refunds. However, Mr. Lee’s request has been taken care of earlier today.

3 Likes

Has been passed 10 days still no news about my shipment…may be is faster to plan a trip to HK…what a crazy situation…

I am personally overseeing all these cases now, including yours Armando, see this: Announcement: Philips Projection team expansion

I’ve needed some time to get acquainted with the various back ends, but I did see your information. You all were on the latest list to be shipped, but Philips projection has decided that they will no longer send out the current load of replacement units waiting to go out with the bulk, but will instead ship each individually. I will be contacting each and everyone who’s still waiting to double check addresses, but if you want to help me help you, either send me the address you can receive the replacement at now (may have changed from way back when), and any tracking numbers you may have at the moment.

So if any of you is still waiting for a replacement unit and hasn’t contacted me yet, please do so either here or in a PM starting with REPLACEMENT UNIT as the title.

3 Likes

finally good news :slight_smile: happy to see you in

1 Like

Hi @IvoGrijt - I found my device number in list 3, but the above seems to suggest that they’re now being shipped individually.
If that is the case, and noting your request for numbers:
Indiegogo backer number: 2606
Backerkit number: 15594099
And another number just for fun: Pi 3.14159

Keep safe and don’t work too hard.

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

Chris, with all the roller coaster rides you’ve been through in terms of replacement process, let me take a moment to appreciate your humour and patience!

8 Likes

I know I’ve been a grumpy git @Philips_Support_P but that’s mainly because what I’ve seen of this product is making me desperate to have it in my possession. The short time I did have it, it screamed “Well engineered, good quality materials, and well thought through”
I know there have been some challenges with things like hdmi, but I can accept those.
Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Just to confirm that I finally received my refund yesterday, approximately 2 weeks after the unit was returned. Thanks to everyone here for helping out, and hopefully all others waiting for either replacement or refund will follow soon. It has been quite a ride.

3 Likes

Hi guys, I know it’s been a busy weekend with updates and production ramping, but could you just clarify something?
The implication above is that our replacements are being sent separately to the bulk deliveries. If that is that the case, presumably we won’t get any update to Backerkit, so how will we know how to track our parcels?
Not in any great rush, but would be useful to know where to be looking.

1 Like

This presumption is incorrect. You will get the new tracking number through Backerkit. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @imdevu
I’ll have a look towards the end of the week - should hopefully be something in there by then. I will try to contain my excitement and not pester you before Friday.
Note the above and remind me of it if I ask again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your understanding. The team is working to smoothen the replacement process. I think once all the backers are shipped to in 2-3 weeks, things in this front will become more focused.

2 Likes

Woohoo. Got a message to say my details are in backer kit. Clicking through it shows #N/A for the tracking number, but there’s time yet for that to get sorted out.
Thanks for getting this sorted out for me.
Hopefully only 2-3 weeks now.

1 Like

Started my return a week ago. Have not heard back. Hearing these reports is hard to believe. Would be good if Phillips started showing up to their brand, and answering these requests and processing returns.

Including mine, Phillips?

After they sent me the FAQ, which I went through (no projection from lens), I have not heard back. Almost a week has gone.

They did say: “If it is defective, we will replace it for free.”.

So what is the hold-up?

Extremely frustrating, in top of the device not beaming out any light from its lens.

Hi Sigurd, I will make sure you receive an update. It’s a holiday in Switzerland today, and most of the team took a long weekend. So probably no news until Monday.
Steve