HDMI-CEC Support

The possibility of CEC was explored and then disabled to avoid an issue that was observed because of CEC. Serious bug on 1.1.0 [Overheating] <- Fixed in v1.1.01

More details can be found in the below thread:
Software Update v1.1.01 & v1.1.02 are available now

1 Like

I for one like the CEC feature but not if thereā€™s a safety issue. I donā€™t see a problem if philips disabled it temporarily until they fix it. Better safe than sorry!

2 Likes

Sometimes when you turn on / off PPM no display is projected on the screen while the fan and light stay on forever! @PhilipsEngineering @IvoG

This is an HDMI CEC incompatibility with the external device youā€™ve connected. Please turn HDMI CEC off on the external device. Although weā€™ve tried to fix this bug in software, itā€™s safer to simply turn CEC off.

@Philips_Support_P I am using apple tv and the CEC is already turned off

Is there any update to this ?
I really want HDMI-CEC enabled; but looks like the latest update has taken it away completely :frowning:

Is there a way to get it enabled again to test if it will work??

1 Like

This feature was removed because external connected devices were turning on the device improperly causing the light engine to go on with out the fan causing hardware issues.

They turned it off for safety reasons and o donā€™t think there are any plans to turn it back on as they canā€™t control how other devices send signals over CEC.

Definitely needed!