¿How can I be a moderator?

I would also like to help be a moderator

I would also like to apply as a Moderator.
I am studying Computer Science and am well advised with Android!

already on this thread you have people discussing the perks offered, and saying how they’d delete negative comments etc. We don’t need censors. This is a forum to improve communication among the user community and between that community and product developers. If the product is crap, we should be able to say that. If the shipping is delayed, we should be able to question that. If we find better products, we should be able to share them.

Moderators should be janitors, not censors. They shouldn’t be “paid” because they should be impartial.
I do not want to be a moderator, in case that wasn’t already perfectly clear :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey man, hope you’re doing alright. I am sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. When I talked about deleting comments I did not mean to say that I am willing to delete everything that is not positive. What I meant is that several times people can be very rude and use improper language. It is okay to be pissed off. It is okay to not agree with everything. But there’s is no place for intolerance and rudeness… Hope this helps clarifying.

Regards,

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_P Love to see that your suggestion of having an online communication platform came through :smile:

I agree with @IvoGrijt that you should consider a team of moderators from different timezones/regions, with at least 2-4 mod members online at all times to actively respond and keep the board clean.

Furthermore, I’d love to join as a moderator; I used to do this for various online RPG/TCG communities and still love to lurk on Reddit. I don’t have a specific topic in mind, but I can become one who responds to short/simple questions and guides members to specific threads. I am fluent in English and Dutch, timezone GMT+1.

I’ve plans to set up specific stickied threads such as an all-in-one FAQ, where members can find the answers to the most common questions. I see you have already done this, but the post could be better formatted and split up into categories (e.g. technical specifications, shipping, etc.) for pleasant reading.

Some other thread suggestions:

1. Collection thread with YouTube links to official/unofficial testing videos
  2. Collection thread with useful support links (e.g. download link for offline software update V1.0.21 and this throw distance calculator)
  3. Q&A thread where you can ask any question and a moderator will try to answer as soon as possible; I could actively moderate this thread if you’d like :nerd_face::sunglasses:
  4. Up-to-date shipment thread where you can find the total number of PPMs received per region/country; possibly put together from the individual regional shipping threads. Moderators such as @Philips_Support_N should have the numbers ready :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Can you provide an email address to which I could submit some kind of resume with the application to be a moderator? :slight_smile:

They have asked to apply in this threat:)

all good man :+1:t2:

I can become a moderator for Technical Topics this is my company http://knoxyspcs.com

I can become a moderator on request this is my company http://knoxyspcs.com

Guys, we will open it next week. But we will need backers who understand very well the product, someone a bit marketing/techy!

I am happy to be a moderator

I am only a programmer, don’t think i am techy enough :joy:

I would love to be a moderator and help answer questions and problem solve to find solutions

Software developer / IT enterpreneur / Owner of 5 projectors / 5 Raspberry PIs / 2 Amazon Echos / 5 phones / 3 Macs / Smart Home / CCTV / Nanoleaf canvas wall setup / 1 cat

Techy enough? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi Guys, I would also volunteer to be a moderator. I have 8 years of senior project/program management in the automotive industry (high pressure, high load projects)., working with global suppliers and customers, with experience both living and working professionally in Australia, Asia and Europe. I would be a valuable asset to help you organize your communications for a global audience, as i have a good understanding of intercultural/multinational communication.

And this, honestly speaking, is what I’ve noticed to be a major weak point for the project team of the PPM.
Happy to moderate between backer and philips/screeneo as well as help to guide the project team in improving their project management and communication skills. I feel this will go a long way to improving the current standing of philips and screeneo amongst backers and the wider interested community.

1 Like

Lets us all promote a sense of calm to the many people. Everyone here who join the community is a moderator with responsibilities.

2 Likes

Hi, I am in the first UE batch, should receive my ppm soon. I am techy and would like to help as moderator.

++

Would like to be a moderator. @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P

Seems that moderators has been nominated.
Congrats to them!

Any chance to add further moderators from the community in the future?

I will keep contribute anyway but I would be happy to support you guys :wink:

1 Like