Initial setup/nothing is projected

Hi @Philips_Support_P

We have tried troubleshooting and have also sent an email as suggested…
Could we at least get a reply the email was received and some assurance that the exchange and returns process can happen some time soon?

Don’t get discouraged! This projector is amazing. Been using mine almost daily and love it. Hope you get your replacement soon.

If you received the auto-response, then your email was received by us. We’re collecting return shipping info one by one, you’ll soon receive a form to fill out. Thanks for following the troubleshooting steps, it’s very helpful for us.

1 Like

Thanks for kind help.

I’ve tried:
Turned off -> Fully charged(red LED to blue LED) -> Turned on(blue LED on) -> fan started -> bulb still remained off(nothing projected)

Now that I contacted bugreport@screeneo.com for replacement and got automatic acknowledge reply and hopefully no more defective ones in next delivery.

1 Like

Might be useful to put up a poll for how many are having this issue. Mine has exactly same problem.
Powers on, charges up. No lamp output. Can hear a motor whirring - possibly auto-focus trying its best.
So out of not many delivered, there are already a handful failed.

I’m quite happy to open mine up and see if it’s just an internal connector come loose.

@Philips_Support_P As each individual LED color has its own connector directly to the main board it’s unlikely that they all came loose. Could the DMD flex coming loose cause the LEDs not to turn on? All the mirrors should be in the park position but you should definitely be able to see some light from the lens. This does not seem to be the case in the cases posted, the LEDs does not activate at all.

Short version : can this behavior be a result of a disconnected light engine DMD flex?

We cannot speculate on the reasons till our HW engineers have had a chance to analyse it. Since we haven’t been able to pick up any defective units yet, expect only mid-Feb before we know the root cause.

This will be useless, only those with the problem will vote and it’ll appear to the public as if 90% of units have the problem. All I will say is that all problems combined, the defective ratio is still well within our expected maximum.

1 Like

It really isn’t useless. If you say how many have been delivered and then how many have faults, that’s a pretty good indicator.
I’ve counted 6-7 people on here who have specific hardware failure of no light output. For the amount delivered so far, that’s quite high, noting that many in this European batch haven’t received theirs yet.

@cjwilber, no company in the world publishes this kind of data publicly. If people want to estimate, that’s fine.

1 Like

Fair point. My concern is that my warranty period has now started and yet I have no idea when I’m going to get a working device. Reliability data would help me decide whether I’ve just been unlucky or whether I should request a refund. Right now I’m veering towards refund.

If this is your main concern then don’t worry. To answer you simply, replacements will begin as soon as our China office re-opens. So I expect in 2 weeks. As for warranty, for DOA (dead-on-arrival — reported within 14 days), the warranty doesn’t start until working unit is delivered. Plus we have a +3 month discretionary leniency as well.

Perfect. Thanks Prashant. I’m so looking forward to receiving this.
May I also say how welcome it has been to have you so actively engaged in this forum.
Best wishes to all your colleagues in China

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P sorry to bug you but the support email support@screeneo.com is not responding to my emails.
I had one response saying “What device is this request for” and since then nothing.
Can someone please check that my failure report has been received and that I’m in the queue for replacement?

Excellent. I’ve had a reply today with the form to fill in. So for others’ reference, it takes 2 full working days to get a response from support. Not brilliant, but not disastrous either.
And for what it’s worth, the email was polite and apologetic for the delay.

1 Like

Hello, is there an update on how to ship back the defective units (from Singapore)? It has been more than a month. I know this forum is mostly on technical matters but I cannot get any answers even from support@screeneo.com

Thank you

Hi @Ddscrz,

Yes, there is a major update about replacement of defective units.
Have a look at this @Philips_Support_P 's post here :

Hi @Ddscrz what is your support ticket number?

@Philips_Support_P 2432 - i initially requested for a product replacement, but i am now opting for a full refund. Thank you

Hi @Ddscrz you are 14th on the list so you should get the return info today. Some people have had trouble with the TNT account number so they’re sorting it out now before sending more emails.