PicoPix Max Reviews

Can’t focus? Is there a rattling sound if you shake the PPMax? If so, then the gear thingy inside has fallen off. Philips will exchange a new one for you.

Tried some more comparing in the day time with normal mode. What’s your opinions? I know mine. I’d love to get some feedback from Philips on the comparisons I’ve done between the PPM and Ankers Mars

Anker Mars

PPM

@Philips_Support_N the Anker Mars is rated 300 ANSI lumens and the PPM 850 ANSI lumens. I would expect the PPM to be noticeably brighter on normal mode than the Anker Mars?

1 Like

no noise inside. the focus is not good or the image quality is zero, I can’t know :triumph:

Last link doesn’t work

Gregory has a different method of measurement. He measures pointing at the lens. We measure pointing at the wall cuz that’s what you see. So our contrast values are almost double.

Why are you comparing a tablet with a projector?

Remember that brightness perception is not linear in lumens! Also, we don’t advertise ANSI lumens, it’s not useful.

@jimmythai, I think you went in with quite different expectation of projectors, specially Pico projectors. A projector will never match a tablet or TV screen unless you’re in a bat cave (totally black matte painted room), and then the projector is in the mid 4 digit price class. I’ve had many fun movie nights with my family, watching on PicoPix Max. If you’re not enjoying the experience maybe another model is better for you. Or perhaps a regular tv. Sometimes it’s better to take a few steps back and look at it.

3 Likes

this tablet has a projector https://des.gbtcdn.com/uploads/pdm-desc-pic/Electronic/image/2017/01/11/1484138484722089.jpg

and the characteristics are less good “on paper” but the quality and rendering of the image is much better… on a tablet… That is to say, the ppm is really disappointing…

First impressions are not good. I cannot cast anything: Google not recognized, air play cast only sound. Video quality of pre-installed app (Netflix, prime video) very low, everything is pixeled. Internal speakers very poor, an external one is needed. It’s impossible to calibrate video settings during playback, so that to see what’s happening. Colors seem to be too much cold. Am I wrong in something?

Hi, are you with the latest firmware? What are your image settings? I believe the default ones have the sharpness too high so maybe you can play with that to adjust the image as you like it - at least I saw similar cases in the forum before.
What is the setup you are using for the projector - screen, wall, etc?

When you say “Google not recognized” what do you mean exactly? Air play casting just sound is really weird - may be a defective device.

Yes. The latest firmware. I tested the projector on a white wall. When I say Google not recognized I mean that I cannot see the cast icon in any app so I cannot use Google cast. I can miracast but is not the same thing.

Thanks for the info. Can you try this:

You can also check:

If nothing helps, I guess it might just mean a defective device and you can write to support@screeneo.com, explain the issue and ask for a replacement.

If you have any issues with the support, let us know here and we’ll do our best to assist.

Cheers,

You are not the only one to think that unfortunately, we were selling us the dream for months but the result is very disappointing. Most video projectors sold in stores are better and cheaper… Yet they are not supposed to be HD, with a less good contrast, etc…

I’m saying that I REALLY hope it’s a software problem, and it’s not the hardware that sucks.

Interesting, learnt something new today.

Well, for every product there are some unsatisfied customers, that’s totally understandable. If you’re not happy with PicoPix please return it and get a refund. In the end it’s not worth keeping something if you’re not enjoying it or at least optimistic about it. Your complaints are systemic and not much can be done to change that. I’d like to keep a positive atmosphere and focus on practical improvements.

Thanks.

5 Likes

@jimmythai, maybe you have a faulty unit. Why don’t you ask for a refund?

1 Like

Nono wrote somewhere that backers with focus issues should send videos. Screeneo will then judge if it is defective.

Maybe it was prashant:
For those waiting for replacement units

i wrote them. Thank you.

Alessandro