PicoPix Max Reviews

I did some comparisons today against my Anker Mars. In daylight it seemed to be brighter than the PPM but in trying in more controlled conditions it came out brighter for sure. Still not sure if I’d say double the lumens as the spec says

Anker Mars

PPM

1 Like

Yes, I did measure and it shows very clearly to the naked eye. I did some more measurements, but I think i need to sit on the thing for a while before commenting or posting a review.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for sharing this comparison with us. Can you please also make sure to share the picture setting as well for both devices in same conditions as otherwise this can be easily misinterpreted.

The PPM looks like the green is a bit high, or is it just the camera? :slight_smile:

PS: Please try to avoid duplicated posts (My PicoPix Max 10-day Review)

Thanks,

The PPM was on presentation mode, stock saturation, contrast and brightness (50). All photos were taken with the same camera

1 Like

Now I wish that this projector has a built in touchscreen like ZTE had for their projector. The whole touch sensitive panel is horrible… I lost the “air” remote and without any real answer from Philips to purchase a replacement, I have resorted to using a BT mouse and keyboard on the projector… the text fonts used for the project is also tooooo small…

1 Like

Same for me. All is very poor quality. i Hope update will fix maximum of issues

Can confirm that, just compared the internal Prime App (TV Series Vikings and YouTube Clips) with an connected FireTV4K Stick.

The quality when using Prime via HDMI was miles better

The same for Netflix. My 2gen Firestick rebooted a couple of times, though. The Mi box doesn’t boot, if powered by the PPM.

Exactly

Not sure why your PPMax is like that. Mine is projecting a great image even in Energy Saving mode. The image is sharp & colours are vibrant. I watched couple of 1080p movies in Normal mode & didn’t even notice the fan sound. The PPMax is just 3 feet in front of me. I guess the sound from the movie must have drowned out the fan sound.

Not sure if you had updated it to latest firmware 1.0.25 yet as you didn’t mention. Update it if you haven’t done so. Then do a Factory Reset. I hope that solves the problem.

Try with Normal mode. The colours should be much better. Presentation mode is not suitable for movies.

thank you for your response. Yes, I did the update as soon as I turned on the device.

I don’t actually know if the ppm is “broken” or if I have an autofocus problem. All I know is that the image is shitty.

Actually, I can’t do anything, I don’t know if it’s a defect or if the ppm is like that…

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N

Can’t focus? Is there a rattling sound if you shake the PPMax? If so, then the gear thingy inside has fallen off. Philips will exchange a new one for you.

Tried some more comparing in the day time with normal mode. What’s your opinions? I know mine. I’d love to get some feedback from Philips on the comparisons I’ve done between the PPM and Ankers Mars

Anker Mars

PPM

@Philips_Support_N the Anker Mars is rated 300 ANSI lumens and the PPM 850 ANSI lumens. I would expect the PPM to be noticeably brighter on normal mode than the Anker Mars?

1 Like

no noise inside. the focus is not good or the image quality is zero, I can’t know :triumph:

Last link doesn’t work

Gregory has a different method of measurement. He measures pointing at the lens. We measure pointing at the wall cuz that’s what you see. So our contrast values are almost double.

Why are you comparing a tablet with a projector?

Remember that brightness perception is not linear in lumens! Also, we don’t advertise ANSI lumens, it’s not useful.