Random Returning to Home Screen

@Philips_Support_P : no problem with external source.

@Thibaut_Sauvage Ok thanks. Our engineer also wants you to test pressing the power button to “unstick” it, the next time it happens. Because in addition to HOME also long-pressing the POWER button can trigger it. Could you please try that and let us know?

PS: thanks so much for helping debug this, it is very helpful.

@depot @norbert @Cal @oqq @fhteagle @Chrisohara95 – if you guys can also please try doing the above to add your data points?

Hi,
You mean I should try to watch something and when it throws me to the home screen I just press the remote power button for few seconds and see if it happens again?

remote as well as the power button on the projector. but not too long that it powers off… just like a few sharp quick presses to “unstick” it.

@Philips_Support_P
I tried but it changed nothing I still thrown to the home screen few times per minute.

@Thibaut_Sauvage and others: Can you please do an offline update to v1.0.26 beta by downloading this file and continuing from step 2 here: How to do offline software update?

We believe this update solves the bug. Please let me know if it helps.

NOTE: this firmware is not publicly released yet, don’t install it if you don’t experience the bug discussed in this thread and are not a member of beta testers group.

Hi @Philips_Support_P,
I’ve installed the new update, performed to a factory reset. And I still the problem.
I’ve run adb logcat :
02-26 20:46:01.500 399 471 W WindowManager: action :com.gaea.home down : true
02-26 20:46:01.518 399 471 W WindowManager: action :com.gaea.home down : false
The problem occurs with netflix, youtube, settings…
pS : I’ve filled the form to be a beta tester.

Sorry for the late response, no luck also between the new update, trying to “unstick” the power buttons or resetting keystone

@PhilipsPrashant
Hi Team,

The PPM that I received on January is not working. The apps keep switching back to home screen every 2 seconds. I cannot use it at all.

I did latest software update which promised to fix the issue but it didn’t help. I have been following up with the support team since more than a month now @ support@screeneo.com but I am not getting any reply from any one.

I need to return this item which is not at all operable and get my money back. My money is stuck with you guys since October and even after waiting for months altogether I couldn’t even use what I received.

I want to get my money refunded and if you like you can start the process to ship this product back.

Hi @ApurvaA please check your email again, we have been communicating with you via the help desk for quite some time, with 5 separate ticket numbers.

The last message we sent was on 11 March with the shipping label and instructions on how to schedule a pickup. Let me know if you’re missing it, I will have it sent again. Thanks.

@ everyone else with this problem, please return your PicoPix for replacement or repair under warranty. We are classifying it as a hardware defect now. Thanks for helping debug it.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P,

I have been monitoring my emails closely for any email from philips team and I haven’t received any email from philips support team since Feb/27/2020.

Please resend the email with shipping details.

Regards,
Apurva

Hi,

I had applied the latest patch recently and followed the instructions on the netflix portion. However i kept getting thrown out to the main screen after every 10mins of watching a movie in netflix. I did not see this happening to me in the previous firmware version. Factory reset was done too but still same issue. Frustrated.

Please advise thanks

1 Like

Hi @dmaul77, can you please do a test for me? Can you please take out the batteries from the remote control while you’re watching something in Netflix? Does it still happen? I think it could be a stuck Home button on the remote (or on the touchpad).

@Philips_Support_P having the same problem. Unfortunately, in my case it is not the remote. I’ve taken the remote batteries out, and my PPM still behaves as if ‘home’ button is randomly pressed … with the touchpad completely clear.

I’m running 1.0.25. I have tried a factory reset, reinstalling Netflix, unpairing remote, and even disabling Bluetooth. Have observed the random ‘home’ button behavior from within Netflix, the Aptoide App, Amazon Prime, and Settings.

At this point my PPM is effectively inoperable.

i just tried - it just went back to home screen within 10 mins of a netflix film. Can you suggest a fix please? Honestly slowly losing patience as netflix is one of the main reasons that i back this :expressionless:

I suspect faulty touchpad then. Can you please record a short video clip? Also please email bugreport@screeneo.com asking for a replacement. We have only seen 3-4 such cases so it could simply be faulty hardware that we’ll exchange and study your returned units to find the root cause.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P sooo just reran my test conditions to confirm observations. I don’t think it’s my trackpad.

While the observed behavior is as-if the home button was pressed, i now suspect it’s an app crash. My guess is a memory related issue during video playback, introduced in the 1.0.25 patch because this wasn’t as much an issue before.

Observations

1. All apps (Netflix, TED) crash a few moments after starting to play a video
  2. Restarting a crashed app will try to resume the video playing at the moment the app crashed
  3. After an app has crashed while playing a video, other apps can crash erratically whether or not they are playing a video (i.e. from a menu or settings screen)
  4. Observation-3 can be remedied by Force-Stopping all Launched User Apps. I installed Aptiode’s KillApps APK todo this.

Something happened to me and might be related.
First time I tried the Netflix app, I went straight ahead and play a Test Pattern video. After a few seconds, the projector seemed to have crashed and rebooted (Philips splash screen then home screen displayed).
This happened 3 times in a row. After that I gave up and tried a real video and it never happened again so far. Haven’t tried the test pattern video again though.

I have emailed bugreport with the clip of the issue. Please advise.

Thanks.