Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Hello,

We understand your concern and that’s why we are preparing this new campaign since Nov last year. We will work with a new logistic partner and the Team will be very responsive to all questions.
Concerning the wall: yes you wall needs to be very flat, the best way is to use a grey screen or ALR screen but frankly speaking I’m using it in my bedroom on a simple white wall and no issues!

We are sorry that you had to leave your apartment, we really hope that everyone in the community is safe!

What is the DMD chip size please?

The difference between the Fengmi R1 nano and the screeneo u4 is, they using ALPD laser so it is with a colour wheel so prone to rainbow artefacts( and the contrast is not spectacular high) if you have RGB led there is no colour wheel and normally you do not see rainbows. Contrast is alot higher ( fengmi Nano 2000;1), Picopic max one is 10000:1. My Vivitek Qumi q8 has 30000:1 but the compact low budget laser projectors have very low contrast ratio. So i’ll prefer led instead of ALPD-laser with colour wheel.
Be aware 400 ansi lumen is not that much but with an ust-projector you are shorter to the wall so the picture is brighter than a projector with short throw or normal throw lens

1 Like

Contrast is only about 1:200 for picopix max

I am an owner of picopix max, fengmi r1 nano, wemax vogue pro and appotronics D30.

Colours and contrast of r1 nano far superior to picopix max though unfair comparison since one is UST, the other is portable.

I consider picopix max a very capable unparallel compact portable projector.

That said, laser > LED mirror arrays.

hello guys!
Just a video to show you the capabilities!
Philips Screeneo U4 - UST Test - Living Room - YouTube with 90" size
Philips Screeneo U4 | Test Dark Room, 80" - YouTube with 80" size

1 Like

As I can see the discount claim update approaching 100% (my guess is the campaign will start shortly after the 100% claims?!) I’d like to know if the full discount will be available on a limited amount of projectors (e.g. the first 100 units), or if it will be available for a limited amount of time (e.g. the first week)?

hello!
This is an excellent question.

• yes the campaign will start very soon, we are finishing the Indiegogo page with our agency
  • the super early bird will be only for few hundred of units so need to purchase it fast!
  • we will have a surprise for the previous backers of the PicoPix Max
    regards,
2 Likes

Will this new Projector have a built in OS like Google TV?
Or will it just be plug and play.

Thanks

Hello Rob,
plug and play. We wanted to make it easy to use and everyone to connect what they wanted.
Also, we made a survey and found out that only 13.8% of our future backers don’t own a smart stick/box.

I really want to buy one, hope im fast enough :thinking:

if you signed up on our page www.screeneo.com you will receive an email!

It seems to have more vibrant colors than PicoMax, but 400 lumens? Impossible to use it during day time. Even 800 lumens with PicoMax in daylight is challenging

Hello, in fact for daytime and dark movies, it is nearly impossible to get a good contrast. That’s why theatre are in dark room. For sure you can watch soccer match or cartoons in daylight but not dark movies, which are 80% or scenes in movies :slight_smile:

Hi Team! I’ve just moved into a new apartment and am eager to set a projector up - can you give any indication of when the campaign will launch and how long fulfillment (EU) will take? (Trying to understand if we’re talking days weeks or months). Thanks a lot!

Hey!
We will launch the campaign in around 3 weeks! We are fine tuning the software now! We are very excited as well!

1 Like

Hello,
I have a question:
Does the Screeneo U4 have a 1/4" tripod thread in case there is no possibility to place it in front of a wall.

1 Like

Hello Yes!

1 Like

Will this have the same unresponsive support as the PicoPix Max?
2 months with no replies after sending in my PPM.

Hello,
I will check that internally. This is not normal.

That would be appreciated.
The original request was 45980 and was opened on 19 March 2022
My PPM was shipped using the provided label on 22 March 2022
On the support web site:
If I try to login to look, I get “invalid token”
If I try to submit my email for “forgot password”, I get:
screeneo-innovationhelp.zendesk.com refused to connect.

All of it adds up to look very bad and suspect.