Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Will it support 50Hz signal?

2 Likes

Hello Jussi,

Yes for input but the output will be always 60hz.

Am I right in assuming the 400 Lumens is ANSI Lumens? So this is half the ANSI Lumens of the PicoPix Max? Would be great to see a side by side comparison of the Screeneo with the PicoPix Max in a variety of light conditions with the same screen size.

Iā€™m interested, but not sure Iā€™ll commit until I know its not a downgrade (other than the short throw, dual BT, speakers etc.)

Hello There!
In fact is it not a downgrade at all in fact, the way to measure lumens with an Ultra Short Throw is a bit different from short throw or long throw. In the reality, you wonā€™t see so much difference between both devices.
Here are some videos!

It seems there is no android TV in it. If I am using a Apple TV connecting to the device, how should I connect the bluetooth audio?

Should I connect an external bluetooth speaker to the Apple TV? If so, how am I suppose to use the dual bluetooth function of the philips project?

Hello there!
Yes indeed we chose not to use any OS as the survey shows that only 11% of our backers doesnā€™t own any smart box or dongle.
You have 2 options:

• connect the apple TV to the U4 and the U4 to 2 speakers
  • connect the apple TV to the U4 but the Apple TV directly to your BT speakers
    Also, we remind that BT may have some delays depending on the chip used in your BT speakers.

If you have Sonos speakers: you can connect them directly to your Apple TV

I recently saw the Epson LS300, not a fair comparison with U4, though it is also 1080P UST projector and price not much higher than U4.

It seems the LS300 is mucher brighter with better sound. How is this compare to U4?

Hello there!
The LS300 cost between 1500 and 2000USD while our U4 will start at 599euros :slight_smile: By the way, save the date!!! We start on the 14th of June!

1 Like

Great! Canā€™t wait :smiley:
Is 14 June the official start or indiegogo pre sale?
Thank you

me again :slight_smile: im very hungry, try to find out more and im confused now. you write ā€œTrue Full HD 1080p Resolutionā€ , but the spec of the DLP230NP say something other.

source

what can I expect in compairison to ā€œrealā€ true full hd? why its advertised as as ā€œTrue Full HD 1080p Resolutionā€?

greetings

Hello Odoy, we are not using this DMD chip. We use a 0.23 DMD and not 0.33. The 0.33 is much bigger and more expensive. We chose the same approach as the PicoPix Max.
But you are right, we are using the XPR technology like the PicoPax in order to get Full HD.
I remember that for the first Indiegogo campaign, we had a massive number of question about it and thatā€™s why we precise that XPR is used. In any case, what you see is really 1080p, not 540p. Hope this is clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is all new stuff for me :slight_smile: now I know what XPR is and I know 1080p must not be native 1080p. thank you!

1 Like

I have another question, the presales campaigh starts tomorrow.
One detail what is bothering me:
Picopix Max One contrast ratio 30000:1
Screeneo U4 1000:1 !!!
For an example i use on my bedside a Vivitek Z1H (720P/300Ansi lumen, contrast is also 30000:1)
So why has it such a terrible contrast ratio?
For such bad contrast ratio iā€™m hesitated to buy itā€¦
So the black ratio will be extremely bad šŸ«£:thinking::disappointed:

Hello Kronzilla,

Concerning the Max One the contrast was 10,000:1 not 30.
We are using the FOFO contrast for the Screeneo U4 and the way to calculate is different.
We are not at 1000 but 370:1 (we are correcting our Philips website information now) and we use the ISO 21118 to calculate it which is the true one. It will be similar to the PicoPix Max. Also, we are using the same engine supplier and a DMD from Texas instrument which always have a great contrast. Any other brand stating 30K, 1000000 or more with an ISO21118 is totally fake.
We have already some videos showing the product working on this thread .
Also, donā€™t worry we will have journalists and bloggers tests this week!

Can I test one too? :grin: 6am pt i am at work :tired_face:
This is 3pm in Germany

How can we become a tester?

If I purchase a Screeneo U4 through Indiegogo, what happens if something goes wrong with the projector? Returns policy ect?

Thanks

Hello Odoy, you can connect on your smartphone very easily :slight_smile:

Hello Tony!
Donā€™t worry you still have 2 years warranty. ALl terms will be written in the FAQ on Indiegogo for returns

I will do my best :crossed_fingers: