Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Don’t worry we will still have some stock tonight :slight_smile:

Shipping, VAT, and additional taxes are charged after the campaign ends.

Hi! What does this mean? 599+ 112€ (19% German tax) + 10-20€ shipment = around 730€

Ah! And where start the shipment? Do I need to pay some duty?

*Shipping prices are expected to be the following for single units: 49euros

The VAT element is a bit of a pain… but if I remember correctly this was the same with the Picopix Max. I remember I forgot about the VAT and then got a surprise bill later on

How is the brightness compared to the OG PPM? And can it be powered with a powerbank?
It seems to need 90W and not sure if there are powerbanks with that spec and they’ll probably be very expensive. Honestly, not sure why I would want a portable UST projector if it has no battery and no smart OS.

There are 4.5A/20v Banks <80€. No one say it’s a portable beamer.

The price is more expensive than was mentioned. 600€ for just 400 ansi lm is not such a good deal :thinking:. Ill pass. Think the picture quality of my picopix max one is much better :thinking:. For 1200€ normal price you have much better projectors. I’m a little dissapointed about the price point compared to the specs :disappointed:

Omg so there must be vat added? Then ill definitely pass. Way overkilled price. Some UST projectors with ALPD–laser are also small and have 2000 ansi lm. 90w for 400 ansi lumen is a very bad power conversion :thinking:. The specs are from a projector from 10y ago :thinking:

50€ Euro shipment? Could someone officia clearify this please?

Including tax and shipment i am near 800€

Hello Odoy, yes indeed that’s the price to ship from HongKong to your country

Hello, we are sorry you feel that way. ALPD 2000 lumens cost around 1500 to 2000 euros. We are now at 599+vat+shipping. Unfortunately the VAT needs to be paid :slight_smile:

Hello there!
It NOT a portable projector but a home projector :slight_smile:

I understand that it’s not really designed to be portable but not sure how much benefits it has for being a compact UST projector. I’m just thinking, bigger and brighter UST projector might be a better deal since I don’t think size matters much in UST setup. In any case, that’s just me. I’m sure many people like the already 500+ backers will find this useful. Oh I remember, I saw a similar one used as a display in an elevator. It was pretty cool :smile:

I checked in the indiegogo campaign that you are not shipping to Argentina??? why??? i want to buy one. I own a pico pix max!!

Hello Roberto, unfortunately for this campaign we have carefully chosen the country where we ship in order to avoid any issues.
We are very sorry that you cannot purchase the U4 this time.

Because there are 15 different ones in the market for the moment with the same price point :slight_smile:
and we wanted to make something different.
I understand you wanted to have a 4K UST, we are working on our roadmap, maybe for the end of the year but the product won’t be 599 euro like the U4!

my problem with this campaign was the marketing and expectations that were raised.

you guys are talking all the time about 599€ and 50% off. i am new to indiegogo and had to find out certain things after i paid. Calculating customs fees is complicated and I now come with 50€ shipping, which also did not enter into the advertised 599€ to about 850€. can also be more.
that makes then only 29%. and let’s be honest. on amazon costs the beamer after 1 month only 1100 and then we are at 23%.
at amazon or at the local dealer I also have no stress with customs or complaints.

for me, the whole thing has now become a bit too expensive. my budget no longer gives that. how do i get out of it? i want my money back.

sry

Hello,

I agree with Odoy, this whole thing has become a little bit of a nuisance all for the sake of getting it one month early and a few hundred pound off.

I’ve been waiting for this since last year, filled out the surveys ect from the beginning. The price point that it’s being presented at for what it is, seems like we’re in 2010, there’s been no significant leap in technology here.

I am mostly annoyed at this undercover and deceptive move of extra shipping and VAT charges if I’m being honest. This should’ve been included in the price or at the very least outlined from the outset. Yet, we have been told these were significantly limited to the first few hundred so act fast. Then after buying you see all these hidden fees which you have to pay separately. This is wrong. You’ve also sold more then a few hundred at the same price point.

I also just want to confirm, the UK which is not in the EU will not be held liable for the extra VAT charges. The page states it’s only those in the EU that will be charged.

1 Like

Hello Odoy,

The VAT needs to be paid in each country, that’s mandatory. Also, concerning the shipping and VAT, we havec explained it in the INdiegogo page, unfortunately Indiegogo doesn’t let us add any comment when you purchase the good as their system is automatic. You will find the U4 on Amazon at 1,199euros in Sept or Oct when we decide exactly when we sell it to them.
We are sorry to you let you, we understand your concern.
If you want to refund yourself, you can directly do it via the Indiegogo page in your profile.

Hello Tony,

I understand your concern but let me explain you that we cannot add the VAT in the price.
The reason is that

• the VAT id different for each country
  • Indiegogo doesn’t let you add the VAT in their system for each country
  • we cannot make a flat VAT for everyone because some customers don’t have VAT in their country
    The only way is to add it at the end for each person.
    Also, if we added the VAT inside Indiegogo, we remind that INdiegogo is taking a certain big percentage of our fund and also our marketing agency. SO we would have need to cover this margin by increasing even more the price.
    All those reasons are technical and that’s why we have also explained it at the end of the campaign page where Indiegogo is letting us adding comments.
    We are sorry to see you go, we totally understand your concern.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.

We have only ourselves to blame. The brain switches off when things are hyped. The 50% comparison has contributed to this. After all, you compare 599 without tax, shipping and customs fees with the store retail price in October 1199.
We naively set our minds on something else and have to process that first. It would have been better to advertise 30-35% off.

Communication is everything! As for my confidence, I am now very unsettled about the rest. Is the sound and picture really as good as advertised?