Screeneo U4 | Compact Ultra Short Throw

Hello Odoy,

In fact we cannot advertise 30 or 35% because the VAT is different for all countries, and also, some countries doesn’t have VAT. I hope you can understand.
Concerning the Shipping, it is clearly stated on the indiegogo campaign and cannot be added to the price of the product. I understand well from where you are coming from because you are adding all cost. For eg: when you go to a retailer website and they offer you a discount, you still need to pay for the shipping after the discount. :slight_smile:

nope. Amazon, Otto, Media Markt, Staturn etc in germany all offer free shipping or at least free shipping at a order value of 50€.
I think we are in a loop. I will stop now :wink:

I think people from Swiss know the word Milchmädchenrechnung

yes indeed this depends on the country! In France you need to pay for everything for eg ahahah!

realy? sometimes I order special deals from amazon.fr to Germany and guess what. free, no fee! :grin:

It is also mandatory within the EU and Switzerland alike to communicate gross prices to end customers. The mere reference to added tax is not valid. For example:

PBV, Fedlex Switzerland: Fedlex
PAngV, Germany: PAngV - nichtamtliches Inhaltsverzeichnis

But law aside – the way Philips uses net-prices to aggressively market a product that will never be sold for a penny more than today is a huge hit to a once well reputed brand.

I’m sure the Screen U4 will be worth the campaign pricing as a package. After all, it is a niche and lifestyle product that won’t compete by naked specs alone. But all the rumble is nothing more but hot air and hype. Which puts a big shadow on the campaign. I’m effectively pondering to withdraw from the campaign.

This is such a wrong argument!

VAT is NEVER part of commissions, fees, kickbacks or something. VAT as any tax is a transitory. Neither Indiegogo nor any respectable marketing agency (which clearly is an oxymoron) will ever collect based on gros pricing or added tax. B2B transactions are based on net pricing.

I do understand that social media managers only pretend to know everything. But the second you start leveraging aspects like taxation to justify your pricing, it would be good to stick to facts, as the discussion as it stands only further weakens your already weak pricing arguments.

But don’t you try to convince us, that the projector’s actual price (and worth) is 1200 EUR? Which is only 300 EUR less than the ALDP 2000 lumens projectors you mention. Oh and I did a quick check and “the other projectors” are sold for ~1500 INCL VAT, most times also shipping. In Germany that would mean for the Screenio 1199*1.19+50=1477 EUR. Which is about 1500, right?

But I might get that wrong and the Screenio u4 is actually only worth 599 EUR to begin with? But that would mean that all your marketing would be an unlawful fake campaign …

Maybe you could shed some light on this, especially the REAL market value and pricing point. Because the one I’m sure is that the Screenio will never sell for a dime more than 599 EUR.

Hello,
We understand from where you are coming from and we assure you that:

• it is strictly written on the Indiegogo page that the VAT and shipping needs to be paid
  • we cannot add the VAT for each country on the Indiegogo backend as Indiegogo system doesn’t allow it, that’s why it needs to be collected after. Some campaigners decide to make everybody pays the same VAT amount and they include it in the price. Meaning that some people will pay for a VAT that they are not suppose to pay. We decided to make it case by case
  • The price is starting at 599euros+ the VAT on the country where you live. The shipping costs us 49euros to ship worldwide and we do AIR shipping in order for backers to get it as fast as possible. Using sea shipment would be around 29euros but 8 to 10 weeks
  • the VAT needs to be collected on a raw price, which is the price we are offering. As you now, in a normal process, a brand sell to a distributor without VAT the distrib takes the margin, then the distrib sells to the retailer and takes the margin, then the VAT is added on the top of this depending on the country. This is how works Fnac, Boulanger, Mediamarkt… in Europe. In US, the VAT is not included in the price shown in store but ONLY at the cashier
  • The retail price will be 1,199euros, this is exactly the price we discussed with our usual retailers. Concerning the PicoPix Max for example, we sold it at 899 after the campaign as expected
    I hope i answered all your questions, don’t hesitate to ask if you have more.

Can someone please explain how 1,860 people have been able to purchase the Screen U4 when we were lead to believe only a few hundred will be at the discounted price? Just a little confused. If an unlimited amount were going to be able to purchase at the discounted price then those who felt rushed to checkout before the lost out would have had time to explore the locked FAQ page(I say locked as it was only shown to everyone once the site went live). This could have been easy showed and explained earlier.

Also, to give credit where it’s deserved. Whoever is responding to us, I appreciate their honestly in their replies and being upfront about the questions that have been asked. So thank you for your kindness throughout this.

I think this whole process would have been easier if it was done directly on a Philips website, I’m assuming it will probably have been cheaper and easier to understand for everyone.

Hello tony,

Thank you very much for your message.
1: for the Philips website: you are totally right. BUt for the moment only Philips beauty and kitchen can sell online. Other departments need to wait their turn unfortunately. We are indeed discussing internally how our next product could be sold on our proper website and this will avoid going to Indiegogo. But Indiegogo is also supporting us with massive marketing and using their own backer database, which is something we cannot do on our Philips website. We are in any case discussing about it
2: concerning the super early bird: only capped at 500 units (for the free shipping ones) and 2000 for the price at 599. For the moment, only 55 backers went with the super early bird so we still have some open slots there!

1 Like

Can I have a link to the Super early bird please as all I can find is that all the links direct me to the main page which is the early bird. Thank you

Hello tony, for that can you send us an email so we can verify you? indiegogo@philipsprojection.com
Thanks!

Did you get a answere? Have the same problem but no reaction to my mail :frowning:

Hello there, it seems you were not a PicoPix Max backer so we cannot offer you the free shipping. Did you use another email address ?

Excuse me! Have misunderstood. Thought super early bird is someone who tunes in at 9am to get a unit no matter what. Now 2400 units sold and there are still more for 599. next time we can relaxe

In fact we have decided to extend the number of product.
We had 500 units for super early backers but only 60 have purchased, it means we have extend to 400 more.
Also, father day is on Sunday. So the price will increase by sunday night !

If only 60 have purchased, give the rest to the extreme early funder like me :scream_cat:🫶:+1:
THAT would be nice

Hello Backers!!! You asked for it and we did it today! Here is a video showing the Screeneo U4 Vs te PicoPix Max! Both product are in presentation mode, in a semi dark room and the U4 has a better contrast and better HDR10 management! As you can see, the U4 has exactly the same brightness as Max but with a better image quality! Check it out here: Philips Screeneo U4 Vs PicoPix Max - YouTube (shot in 1080p 60hz with an iPhone 13Pro, no retouch, no after effect)

1 Like

Hello Backers! We are not optimizing the projector to projector up to 100 and 120"! Here is the photo shot tonight with a 120" frame (not ALR but a simple white screen). Enjoy! Philips Screeneo U4 | 120" video test - YouTube