Screeneo U4 Firmware Update

Anymore improvements/bug fixes/firmwares.

Im sure it really needs another firmware update, was expecting at least a quarterly updates and improvements

1 Like

Hello, we are preparing a software update for fan speed test for the moment. This was our priority. We will keep all backers posted by email. We will send it to 50 testers first.

3 Likes

Im having the file not found issue too.
Not sure what to do, the same steps I am taking now worked for all other versions.

You should download the firmware with a windows pc and save it on a FAT32 formated usb drive to get it working. Also make sure the file name is: “SCN350INT_firmware.zip” and it’s in the root dir of your usb drive.

It’s been months since an update was promised. What’s the status on this?
The fan noise is loud and irritating.

1 Like

Im waiting too for another firmware update, just to improve it. Of course anything with fan improvements would be good, but projectors are part and parcel with the fan.

Im more interested in improved UI, settings, iron out bugs

still on the the factory firmware. so far reading the comments its wise not too update. has there been any change for anyone yet.?

What version are you using? I am running U4 on 1.7.0 with no problems.

Is it just me or it sucks that there has been no firmware update in ages? :sob:

@Philips_Support_N, Are there any plans to open up and move the firmware into the public domain?

It seems that ever since the U5 hit the market, things slowed down for U4 significantly, and based on what happened over the last few months, not sure if we should expect anything in the near future. In case there is no further commercial incentive to support this product an alternative could be to let tech savvy users play around with the system - knowing that they might lose warranty.

3 Likes

I am also interested in the progress of the updates. You promised a great product which is so far still missing on some of the aspects like automatic image customization and automatic focus. This is not a huge issue, as once you set it up correctly the image is great. If there are technical issues about something, you could just as well be open about them and keep the information flowing. What is more important for me and many others is a quieter fan. You’ve mentioned the test were ongoing, but didn’t mention how they went… The lack of communication is worrying!

1 Like

The automatic calibration and focus was the main selling point for me. I don’t have mine set up all the time. It’s put away and set up again when required. The total lack of information and feedback from Philips and on Indiegogo is very disappointing.
Waiting months at this for an update, on a product that was falsely advertised with auto calibration, focus , keystone etc. Very, very subpar for a Philips product.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_N any news concerning the software update for fan speed?
Thanks for your update.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N ,

Could you give the community an update please? We’d really need to see what is the future of this product. Even if it is abandoned and considered obsolete by Philips Projection, that’s an answer.

Looking at Screeneo U5 forums, it seems that there is momentum there. If we check what is happening with, let’s say, PicoPix Max, we can see some recent firmware development and testing activity. And this latter is a product that was released in late 2019.

Honestly, I have no clue where is U4 in your support handbook now.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Last update was released month ago and doesn’t solve the issue, specifically the fan noise one.
So do you care, a little, about your customer ?

Hi @Philips_Support_N,
I echo what other users said: what’s the future of this product? Are you planning to release any new firmware? I don’t think the product has yet delivered what was promised on the Indiegogo campaign. Could you please update this community?
Thank you

Has this product being abandoned by Phillips. Waiting months for an update or even responses here and on the Indiegogo page.
Last Philips product I buy or recommend Philips to others.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_P

How difficult will it be to first release a beta firmware for us to test and be able to revert if it is not suitable?

Hello guys please note that we are still working on a new software. We didn’t abandon it. We will come back to you soon with a list bugs/optimization we will bring on the next software update.

2 Likes

Why has it taken months for a simple reply. I feel I have being left with an expensive doorstop. Action speaks louder than words.

1 Like