Shipment to Qatar

The high taxes would be for the backers to pay, which is why they are reluctant to ship from Switzerland.

As for me being unprofessional, aggressive, and lacking respect towards you, and you not leaving it unattended by escalating: this just shows how you are made up.

There are enough backers on this forum alone who would testify of just the opposite of your opinion and views. Attacking or attempting to crucify me personally for calling you out on your tactics will probably only bring you bad karma.

I sincerely hope you get your projector soon, and that youā€™ll enjoy it to the max, as thatā€™s the only reason why I even accepted the request from Screeneoā€™s CEO himself to join their team: to help other backers like myself to get theirs as soon as possible and for them to enjoy theirs to the max. And that still includes you too.

Ivo

What are you talking about? High taxes on what? Import taxes? As usual, you provide answers that are very evasive and deceiving.

FYI, there are no import taxes in Qatar. As for export taxes, if any, they should be borne by the shipper as backers have already been charged for shipping fees.

Finally, I donā€™t really care about what other backers may think of you, whether negative or not. I care about how you talk to me on this forum and how agressive and disrespectful you are. On top, this is public and in writing. And this is certainly not as subjective as you think it is.

But since youā€™re bringing the Screeneo CEO into the loop, I will personnally email Mr Mamane the entire thread along with my opinion about it as a customer and Iā€™m sure he will appreciate the nature of your communication skills to the full extent.

Hopefully, he will also realize the mistake he did in hiring you as his companyā€™s representative on this communication channel.

Letā€™s see how he assesses bullying from his CEO perspective.

1 Like

High taxes on import when shipped to other countries. Qatar May be exempted, but others are not. Thatā€™s why we are generally reluctant in shipping for
Switzerland.

Oh and mr Mamane is not the one who hired me, heā€™s not the CEO, heā€™s the president of Screeneo.

I know all of this is public and do not hide behind my actions or what I said. As a matter of fact, Iā€™m the only person who signs each communication with the backers that I do via the support desk with my name. For I am responsible for my actions and words, and do not have to hide myself behind anything or anyone.

Iā€™m genuinely sorry you feel so offended by my candor and disposition that you feel you have to resort to these threats and actions.

I wish you all the best.

Ivo

@captainolivez I will call you in 1h. Also concerning the taxes, I was talking about the fees to ship to Qatar which costs around 150 USD. Yesterday we checked with the forwarder and he shipped it from Germany. The parcel is due to be scanned those days. For all other Qatary, I think we will do the same.

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for that callā€¦

1 Like

@captainolivez , also, just for you to know: if you send email everywhere: we are the same people answering. Better to use only 1 channel of communication so we donā€™t have any misunderstanding.

1 Like

@captainolivez thanks for your time today.
As said during the call:

• Test 1: send a product to Qatar from Germany
  • Test 2: if Germany fails, we will ship it from Switzerland to all Qatar backers
    Cheers,
1 Like

Thanks @Philips_Support_N for taking the time to call me and clarify the situation.

Hopefully, as discussed:

1. I will finally get the projector that was meant to be shipped 5 days ago.
  2. my fellow backers from Qatar will receive theirs within the next couple of weeks or so.

For the rest of our discussion, I leave it up to you.

PS: One channel of communication is definitely a good thing. However, Iā€™m not quite sure this forum does indeed look like a single channel per se as there are numerous stakeholders involved and no one really knows whoā€™s doing what, at least from my perspective.
Finally, as you mentioned it rightfully, the emails from the Philips Support are generically signed and that does not really help as well. Iā€™m glad to finally find out that you are the Project Manager in charge and youā€™re based in Switzerland.

3 Likes

@IvoGrijt 1 week has passed since you said you will give the news about the solution for shipment to Qatar in a week time. Yet I have not received anythingā€¦

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N care to enlighten us regarding the shipment as promised?

I personally donā€™t really know whatā€™s going to happen now.
Iā€™ve been told all units for Qatar will ship from Germany, havenā€™t heard any feedback on our test shipment with a new provider, the talks with the current forwarder last week may have lit a fire under their seats, I truly donā€™t know at the moment.

@IvoGrijt Who is doing the talk with the new provider?

@Philips_Support_N please update us.

Itā€™s weekend, Iā€™ve gotten some confusing information, and am not able to verify anything at the moment, so I have the information I had on hand.

By the way, just as an indication that our forwarders are not the only ones unable to ship to certain places including Qatar, read what another Indiegogo campaign shipping a product with a high capacity battery posted in their latest update:

Shipping to Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Middle East, Africa, South America and remote or island countries remains unavailable until the temporary shipping suspension has been lifted. Weā€™ve enquired with 15+ different forwarders now however none of them have a shipping method available. We will keep searching and will advise when things have changed.

@IvoGrijt i remember that you have managed to ship the projector to Saudi. So your excuse by showing other campaign is not valid.

Can you pls share details of the projector/ battery that have made the shipping into Qatar is not possible? To be more specific what is the UN and PI number/ code used for the batteries? Also what is the size of the batteries in Wh?

The shipment to Saudi Arabia was handled by a different shipper, who shipped to neighboring UAE and transported the units by ground into Saudi Arabia. Our forwarder (and many others apparently) arenā€™t as creative it seems.

For the other specs, check Teardown by Paul Bruss for instance

If it is a standalone battery yes it is not possible. But electronics with battery is allowed. https://www.shopandship.com/content/uploads/110/282/51189/SS_Unacceptable_Items_List_E.pdf
Have you tried Aramex?
Shipping from Germany or Swiss to Qatar only costs less than US$30 and it will come in less than one week. I have a shipping address in Germany and Swiss that you can use but you guys need to refund the shipping cost.
I donā€™t want this to be similar to our World Cup tagline: See you in 2022!

Guys,

Be aware that @Philips_Support_N organized for me the shipping of the projector directly with DHL .
However, for some obscure reason the shipment is now transferred to Qatar Post and since 31 July it is nowhere to be found on their tracking page.

The package was initially registered with DHL on 24 July. Today is 06 Augustā€¦

I meanā€¦ what can we say? Avoid DHL by all means. Although it is German, itā€™s far from being reliable.

UPS, Aramex, name it. So many other valid options out thereā€¦

Hey @captainolivez, any update on your device yet ?

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N any update on the shipment to Qatar?

I have checked with logistics guy in my company, he said should not be a prob to ship a UN3481 71.8Wh from Europe to Qatar. Our company just shipped some equipment with batteries from German without much issues. Obviously it will cost more than the usual for declaration etc.

Also @Wahyu_Hidayat has suggested alternative by using Aramex shop and ship. FYI Aramex is very well known for courier services in Middle East.

Hi @ajmalmulla,

No change since my last post. The projector was sent from Germany with DHL. Unfortunately, since 31 July it is stuck somewhere as itā€™s been handed over to Qatar Post, who in return appears to be running slow due to the Covid restrictions.
I mean itā€™s so frustrating.

I have no clue why it went from DHL Germany to Qatar Post and not DHL Qatar.
We all know now itā€™s a major logistic failure and it doesnā€™t seem to be ending soon.

As discussed with @Philips_Support_N, it seems preferable to ship your stuff with UPS now. Otherwise, just forget it: you might get your projector by Christmas 2021.