Shipping to Europe

Today’s the day that the tracking numbers are uploaded apparently. I am waiting with baited breath to find out what the excuse is today for the ‘forgotten EU’ people. They can’t even confirm that our backer numbers are included in this batch so it smells like disappointment is on the way yet again.

1 Like

@Simon_Painter listen, we are depending on DHL in Germany, we are still waiting for them to send us the tracking. If they don’t send it today, it is because there is an obvious reason. Only few people are working now in their office and they are doing their best. So calm down and try to understand all the people working behind this. Thanks

4 Likes

I am totally calm, pal, it’s you who are telling me to ‘listen’ while not actually answering anything. All we want is some assurance that we have not been forgotten again but you keep hiding behind ‘data protection’. After all the excuses I just don’t trust you guys anymore to be open and honest with us.

1 Like

we give you the information as soon as we have it.

1 Like

So you have no idea if my projector is in Germany or if it’s been forgotten again? This is why I have no trust in your ability to deliver.

UK is not part of EU anymore and our forwarder didn’t send it yet. UK will be in the next batch. You need to understand that the cost of shipping is directly link to where we ship. So we are trying to balance between the backer ID and the number of backer in the country to keep our shipment cost effective

2 Likes

Just saw on the news that one of the roads going into Germany from another country had a 50 mile traffic jam of commercial lorrys. Even if stuff gets flown into europe I don’t think it’s going to get distributed anytime soon.

1 Like

Looks like those of us in the UK have been deliberately skipped this time because of Brexit. Despite the transition period someone has decided to not ship the UK ones along with the EU.

But as I predicted above, now you have an answer and still arent happy and still complain using cursewords in your post also.

3 Likes

Oh, I am happy that I have an answer but frustrated that it has taken this long for you to give the answer. Sorry if I have missed the post where you said you were excluding the UK from this batch. And yes I am also frustrated that during this transition period we are being treated differently because of the votes of an unrepresentative minority.

6 Likes

I’ve had a cup of tea and thought I would say that I am not annoyed at @IvoGrijt or @Philips_Support_N - you guys are just the messengers and it is nice to actually know that I can forget about getting my projector any time soon. It was the suspense of constant excuses and constant delays and no confirmation of if my projector was actually coming in this batch.

I still think your communication sucks, and I get that’s not @IvoGrijt’s fault - you’re just collecting the sporadic updates that are dripped out by @Philips_Support_N - but let’s face it how hard would it be to give an eta when you know it on batches of backer numbers - as I have said elsewhere there is no personally identifiable information there so no issues with GDPR etc.

Anyway, peace out.

7 Likes

@Philips_Support_N I find you remarks quite insensitive. Being on the side that did not want this division and now being treated as second rate by you is very distasteful.

So there were no deliveries before January 31 while the UK was still part of the EU? Also, there are no law changes during the withdrawal agreement between the UK and the EU. Are you saying Philips is treating a state still fully covered by EU laws, rules and regulations as well as all trade agreements (that still fully apply to the UK) as NOT being part of the EU?? This could find you in hot legal water.

4 Likes

I have reached out to Philips on twitter to ask them if this is a policy they are standing by.

5 Likes

You are joking right? We are still part of the EU customs union, you’ve been MISLEADING U.K customers for weeks now telling us our units are on the way and we’ll get tracking, and now you just casually say “oh, you won’t be getting it”.

I’m astounded. This beggars belief. And you wonder why some of us have ZERO trust in you.

8 Likes

A quick one to the community, has the chance to get a refund past? This whole “you’re no longer in the EU” attitude has tipped me over the edge. I’d rather have the money back in my account now.

Is there a way guys? Or has that ship sailed?

2 Likes

Do you have a link I can retweet? The verbal middle finger to the UK is the final straw.

3 Likes

Seeing those posts filled with anger, rudeness and ignorance makes me sad. I thought these days people understand that there are so many uncertainties that you can’t predict everything for sure. You guys have backed a crowdfunding platform and the team from Philips is doing everything they can, why wouldn’t day? And yes there might have been some misunderstandings, but the transparency they provide is more than enough.
Is this beamer really the only thing that matters right now? Even if there wouldn’t exist a pandemic around the world. You becoming your PicoPix does not matter. All of us are eager to get started, watch a movie on a big screen, play some playstation or whatever, but it is not a matter of urgency.
We are way to used to amazon prime delivery times. Complaining and even threatening with twitter or whatever won’t get you the product faster. They won’t prioritise you because you threatened to complain or even did so. Just save your energy, no need to check this thread every day if you want to find something to become mad.
Sit back, relax and look forward to receiving the PicoPix, but please let them do their work. Let them be transparent and be thankful for that. Be thankful that they do everything they can to help you and all of us in getting our product.

8 Likes

Let’s be completely honest:

The UK not being included in this EU shipment was not decided by Philips but by their forwarder, and at the base by the British people and government when they voted for and kept upholding the Brexit.

The forwarder gets charged / charges for the flights, perhaps those to the UK are already on a different rate despite the UK still officially being in the EU. Lots of companies have already left the UK and relocated elsewhere, so that could also be of influence on the rates.

Whatever the case, logistically it didn’t work out on this shipment unfortunately, next time it will cause in the end it all has to be delivered.

Unfortunately yes, as per the ending of the campaign on March 9th, they stopped accepting refund requests per the 11th of March.

Their logistic and sourcing team have already purchased all the components to manufacture the right number of products for their backers, and they have restarted production after the Coronavirus lockdown.

If after all this time someone still hadn’t made up their mind and cancelled, about the only thing left to do is wait for it to be delivered and then sell it yourself.

3 Likes