Shipping to India

Based on the screenshot attached I can see the clearance is happening two time. For me first time is done now back to “Custom Status Updated”. Let’s get it done for second time.

1 Like

@vallapinni @Vamsi_Srinivas_Balla @Phys1 @shutterdragon
Did you guys register on myDHL+ site, after receiving the mail?
I didn’t receive any communication yet. If that is the site, I will directly register and see whether payment link available in my profile.
BTW me too on 16 level. Reached Hyderabad sort facility.

2 Likes

There are no deliveries on sunday. We all will get it tomorrow.

1 Like

You have to signup for shipment notifications. Even otherwise you will receive the payment link. Or could be a mobile number error. Call the customer care and tell your waybill number and they will help you pay for the customs.

1 Like

It’s URGENT. My package is stuck at Delhi (India) Customs and DHL wants me to provide the proof of value. DHL told me that seller has mentioned that the package is a lithium-ion battery and costs $200. Can you please check with DHL else there would be penalty charges applicable.

AWB: 2630229862

Also, wasn’t import duty supposed to be included?

Nope. If you read this thread you will know, customs is levied on any imported electronic product and we have been discussing for a long time. Produce your indiegogo contribution statement and backerkit bill. That should suffice. It could range from 7k-15k depending on who the assessing officer is. Not sure what penalty you are talking about. It’s only customs duty.

2 Likes

Mine’s stuck at “sort facility, Bengaluru” for over 24 hours now… I don’t think I’m getting it tomorrow.

1 Like

Let dhl handle it…cif mentioned…u don’t provide anything…write to philips to send dhl proof…ur Indiegogo contribution has nthng to do with it…
Do not provide that…they will scalp u…
Tell them philips to handle it n they will.
Dnt knw wht u said to them
Ask philips to provide u an invoice as per CIF
Tell dhl it’s handled by them n invoice is with them

I have been saying again and again.let philips handle it…don’t get impatient…
Slowly all shipments being cleared.
Don’t tell them u have nay invoice…tell them CIf mentioned n that’s what it cost u

On ur tracking thr is option for notifications.
Add it there for sms

1 Like

Ok - I replied again asking them to follow up with Philips/Seller.

Thanks.

1 Like

Correct if u give them a diff price they wl get confused n custom guys wl get confused…
Simultaneously ask philips to give them an invoice as per CIF
I advised other people n it worked…
Import duty was included earlier not now fyi

Did they contact u or u did?

No need to signup…just add option of sms in notification

1 Like

Ya, I enabled notifications on 15th june. I got notifications till yesterday. But not the customs duty mail/message.
I called DHL an hour ago, as the projector already reached Hyderabad sort facility. I got the email with generic link to pay duty fee. I paid it.
But I am in Pune :sob:. I have to wait till I reach Hyderabad.

1 Like

I was not informed of the change, was it depending on the backing date?

I got an email asking to provide proof of value. I replied with indigogo documents and mentioned it includes everything - backing cost, product cost, transportation cost, etc.

When i called them, they mentioned they will contact the seller directly, and that Philips has mentioned the value as $200 and category as a lithium-ion battery.

1 Like

If u paid that’s the final step n duty download option must b there only…
Now it’s all done…

The change re import duties happened when one of our guys announced the possible cost …
U shd have chkd here.now ur Shwng a diff value from the CIF…now it’s a problem.
If they call Tell them what u sent was present cost n wht it cost u is the CIF…
To everyone it cost different which is why an average usd 200 was fixed
Category was I’m sure shown as projector and as lithium is a dangerous good it must b shown as containing one
Anyway tell them to talk to philips …period !

The final step is clearance processing complete before the payment link

1 Like

Dude. its the same.

1 Like

Same what

1 Like

If only Indian process is that organised. half the “officers” don’t know what category it falls under. projector or Li battery. Im helping to get the shipment out of hold asap.

thing.

ive already got mine sitting in chennai warehouse to be picked up tomorrow, all payment done and processed. im in no hurry, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great

1 Like

@macsan0123 fyi

2 Likes

Hey did you give self collection form to DHL?

1 Like

No. I am asked to connect tomorrow with the customer care and they will put me on conference with the warehouse and i need to show up with KYC and a declaration letter. I can collect it then.

3 Likes