Shipping to India

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N
Some people are facing these import issues .,…
Product must b marked under projector and not lithium battery which I guess it has been…

Import tax will be levied on the declared value on the shipment and cannot be different for different PPL.

They are not concerned abt the backerkit or indiegogo backing price .

All they are concerned is the value put on the projector box.

You just need to stick to that whatever he current market value may be.

Philips will need to tell dhl that an invoice value of each projector is already given and consignments have be cleared accordingly .

If you quote a diff value ur shipment will be seized .
If they ask for invoice for any customer give them an invoice of the declared value and not backerkit or indiegogo value.
That’s my advise…

Another way to approach is with precedence. I had earlier suggested show what we have been paying for the same product here. I have shared the screenshot of the payment earlier. That should move things along. Trying to get the actual breakup. @Vamsi_Srinivas_Balla did you save the break-up ? i just went ahead with the payment.

1 Like

They don’t care abt precedence.
Just stick to the declared value.thats it.

1 Like

No I didn’t take. Didn’t think it was needed.

1 Like

is that so? my experience says otherwise but hey, whatever floats your boat. :slight_smile:

same here. maybe next time ill keep it for posterity.

I will do this but I doubt it will be the same. Thanks for sharing.

I got the email and they have mentioned it as projector clearly. Seems to be a disconnect with the agent.

Not for india… it was only for EU it seems.

See above screenshot which has come from DHL agent.

Current market value is going to be EUR 899. So lets not go there.

Philips has already shared the invoice with the shipment. Unfortunately my mobile number is wrong but it have the USD200$ invoice in my name. The customs dept is questioning the value. It is only Delhi customs which has held the products.

That should help. Please share if available.

That’s my strategy too. We need to move it else it will become broken/lost there.

@Prabhat_Mehta @Suresh_Kakkar
I am trying to work with PhilipsNono/IvoG to get an invoice by tomorrow. Please wait for 24 more hours.

If that doesn’t work. Please keep your payment screenshot and IGG email handy. I think we will have to go with that and also add @shutterdragon’s shared screen grab of the duty paid in BLR.

Well, technically it is a powerbank also, as it does provide power through the USB port… :grin:

All kidding aside, I would tell them you invested in the project and got a pre-market sample (as it’s not commercially available yet) which is why the projector has been valued at this price of $200. You paid more (Backerkit invoice) but that was partly to help fund the product being created (not a lie either) and for the product itself. Indicate that whatever price Philips may want to sell it at when it reaches the market does not affect you as you were an early investor in the product, not buying commercially.

That’s what I would personally do, this advice is not necessarily that of Philips Projection, nor has it been sanctioned by them.

2 Likes

I am going ahead and responding this with my IGG details. I will share anything that PhilipsNono provides tomorrow as supplementary proof.

2 Likes

I have responded with the below email:

Hi Team,

I invested in the project on Indiegogo and got a pre-market sample, as it’s not commercially available yet, which is why the projector has been valued at this price of $200.
I paid more than this amount but that was partly to help fund the product being created and for the product itself. I am an early investor in the product and I had invested back in October 2019.

Please find attached the following documents:

1. Proof of backing on Indiegogo Website.
  2. Payment proof email.
  3. Customs receipt from fellow backer (DHL Shipping reference # 2630228366) for the same product amounting INR 7155.41.

I have requested an invoice from the shipper and will share as soon as it is available. Please call me on xxxxxxxxxx if you need any more details. It seems the mobile number with you is incorrect. Thanks.

@macsan0123
I responded as I just noticed the following text on the email as well:

Please be informed that, as per Customs’ Circular No . 26/2017 dated 31st March’2017, the bill of entry (Import Customs’ Clearance declaration ) will need to be filed at Custom’s for clearance of shipment before the end of the following day on which the goods arrive in the country (excluding holidays). Where the bill of entry is not filed within the time specified in sub-regulation, the importer / consignee shall be liable to pay charges for late presentation of the bill of entry at the rate of INR 5000/- per day for the initial 3 days of default and at the rate of INR 10,000/- per day for each day of default thereafter.

Demurrage Charges are applicable after 48 hours of arrival of the shipment .

1 Like

Should have been shown as a sample on the invoice then.
Anyway I hope this works .
Fingers crossed

Import of samples of goods is exempt from import duties under Geneva Convention of 7th November, 1952. … For duty free clearance the value of individual sample should not exceed Rs. 5000/- and aggregate value should not exceed Rs. 60, 000/- per year or 15 units of samples in a year

I tried going back several times to the link I had received from DHL, I couldn’t get to the break-up page. Sorry. If anyone else have just got the link to pay, we could take a screenshot from them.

Got a call from DHL and paid the duty. They are going to deliver the ppm by 2PM.

1 Like

@shutterdragon no worries. I will keep that in mind once i reach that stage.

@Yogdutt wooohooo!

:slight_smile: Im going to pick it up myself in a few hours. No deliveries here. Hope you get yours soon.

1 Like

So final waiting started now.

1 Like

Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Bro can you give me your mobile no so I can talk to you, I have given my KYC paper and after that its not moved any where is the shipment details, now where I have to do the payment for duties or where should I call, can you give me DHL no and other details

@imdevu @IvoGrijt @Vamsi_Srinivas_Balla @Yogdutt Holy freakin yaay!

5 Likes

congratulation, finally yo are first person in india to get. pls help me also.

Bro can you give me your mobile no so I can talk to you, I have given my KYC paper and after that its not moved any where is the shipment details, now where I have to do the payment for duties or where should I call, can you give me DHL no and other details

1 Like

You are a Delhi customs case. Yours might be held up. DHL will reach out to you for additional details. It will take time. Please use the alternative link to track as in #1 [FAQ] Tracking and Shipping

Please see below for my status: