Shipping to Switzerland

Could those Swiss backers who have received an invoice from DHL please post here with the word

ZWEIMWST

in their post so I can search and find them? If you already posted about this, please edit your post to include this word AND YOUR INDIEGOGO ID AND/OR BACKERKIT ID

Thanks!

I got charged by DHL for the VAT
ZWEIMWST

1 Like

Cannot Edit my recent Post, so i post it here again:

Got the invoice from DHL. ZWEIMWST

1 Like

Me too: ZWEIMWST
Iniegogo contribution id: Either 2776 or 17527

Finally received one (out of two) on Friday, the other one is now on hold but… in germany instead of HK! :joy:
Didn’t have to pay VAT upon reception.

Now comes the testing :slight_smile:

Could you PM me a photo of your invoice included on the package please?

Sure, can I ask why ?

I want to find out why you didn’t have to pay when others did, and whether it could be a difference in how the invoice was filled out, specifically which INCOTERM they used. Like I said, if you could send me a PM would be great!

Sorry, I don’t find the PM link on the forum.
Can you send me a PM so I answer to it?

click on IvoG’s Name and there will be a blue message button on the popup. That should help him send a direct message.

Ivo, just to make sure you didn’t miss this: if I remember correctly, the ones who received a payment request from DHL received it a few days after the package, and not upon receipt. Don’t think anyone was required to pay anything upon receiving the unit. I’ll let you know if I get one (received last friday).

ZWEIMWST
Indiegogo Contribution ID: 9821

Can’t edit my old post, therefore here again:

I also got an invoice from DHL asking me to pay the VAT. The delivery note also says “Deliver Duty Unpaid”.

1 Like

Apparently somebody didn’t pay right away and a few days later it didn’t need to be paid anymore. We did not intervene in the process of DHL, so if you’re requested to pay then keep proof of payment and we will refund those who were invoiced and ended up paying twice for the VAT and import tax, once via Backerkit and then later via DHL.

ZWEIMWST

IGG 9945

Just received the message. Do you want us to pay and then ask for a refund? Or not pay and you take care of it from your end?

ZWEIMWST
Just recieved an SMS from DHL. Same question as Liersi. Please answer, how we have to react.

Backerkit ID: 15591314

Same here, just got the request by SMS now to pay (34.10.- CHF).

ZWEIMWST

Since you already paid it via Backerkit to Philips Projection, I would delay the payment. Some other backers have indicated they waited a few days and after did not have to pay anything.

If however you are compelled to pay DHL right away, then do so and let me know, and we will refund you the VAT you paid to Philips Projection.

@Philips_Support_N

3 Likes

ZWEIMWST
Contribution ID 6895

Dear Ivo, I was also asked by DHL to pay the “MwSt”, which I payed Philips before. I have communicated with DHL, there is their answer:

"Massgebend für die Verzollung und die Verrechnung sind die Angaben auf dem Frachtbrief, bzw. AWB. Besteht zwischen den Angaben auf der Handelsrechnung und dem AWB eine Diskrepanz, so gilt die Lieferkondition auf dem Frachtbrief. Der Absender hat in diesem Fall keine Lieferkondition angemeldet. Das heisst, dass der Absender die Frachtkosten und der Empfänger alle Kosten bezüglich der Verzollung bezahlt.

Damit wir die Einfuhrabgaben dieser Rechnung nachträglich an den Versender verrechnen können benötigen wir von ihm eine schriftliche Kostenübernahmebestätigung mit beiliegendem Formular inkl. Firmenstempel und Angabe seiner DHL Kundennummer. Aus diesem Grund bitten wir Sie die Rechnung zu begleichen oder uns die Kostenübernahmebestätigung des Versenders innert 5 Tagen per E-Mail zuzusenden."

The information on the consignment note or AWB is decisive for customs clearance and billing. If there is a discrepancy between the information on the commercial invoice and the AWB, the delivery condition on the consignment note applies. In this case, the sender has not registered any delivery conditions. This means that the sender pays the freight costs and the recipient pays all customs clearance costs. So that we can subsequently invoice the sender for the import duties on this invoice, we need a written confirmation of the cost acceptance with the enclosed form including the company stamp and details of his DHL customer number. For this reason, we ask you to pay the invoice or to send us the confirmation of the sender’s costs by email within 5 days. "

I think the easiest way would be if Philips could confirm the document in the attachment, so we can send it to DHL and won`t be charged at all.

2 Likes

Finally got it today!

26.8.2019-26.05.2020, got that baby😂

1 Like

ZWEIMWST
I have received another SMS from DHL with the request to pay the customs fees. According to information on the DHL website, Philips should make a declaration to DHL that the costs will be borne by Philips. I am looking forward to receiving a notification as the costs have already been paid via the backerkit.
Backerkit ID: 15591314