Sonos integration

Any idea if this will be enabled in the future? Very frustrating to get this to work.

They tested it and there were bugs so disabled forever (confirmed). No CEC on PPM. Also I don’t think Arc is there so you can’t use it that way. Only way I can think of is having a bluetooth to optical reciever and plug it in optical to HDMI adapter of Beam. But this way you’ll have only Stereo sound coming. If that’s fine for you go that way. I don’t like the idea of using my surround setup as stereo so I don’t want this solution. I’d prefer the proper promised PPM Sonos integration. I think someone tested a USB audio card/decoder and it was working so if you want to go wired that is an option I guess.

3 Likes

Another bump for Sonos - if you haven’t voted (top of the post) please do so.

I’m now looking at replacing my bluetooth speaker with Sonos. I was an early adopter donkeys ago, and it was great then, so hoping it’s still top of its game now.

PPM integration would be peachy.

4 Likes

Bump bump bump

1 Like

Yeah but using other hardware it’s just non-sense when you bought a PPM, is it?

1 Like

Sonos integration was in the early dev stages in October, can we have an update? Is it definitly still happening? If so, I’ll wait in replacing my BT speaker.

1 Like

Super interested in getting my PPM to work natively with Sonos. Just voted. I hope we can generate enough interest to get this prioritised, I can only imagine that many early adopters of PPM, are likely users of other tech like Sonos… I only just discovered this thread as I was looking to post my own question about integrating with Sonos…

3 Likes

Bump bump bump bump. Can we please get any support or update on this forum?

2 Likes

bumpty bump’n grind. SONOS Cha Cha Cha SONOS Cha cha cha

Another big +1 for this

2 Likes

I have a couple of One SL and a Connect (second generation). In the Sonos iPhone app, I changed the Connect’s Audio Delay to Low (75ms). The three are on wifi, no network cable.

I connected the audio from the Pico to the Connect via a standard minijack/RCA cable and voila. The delay or latency is not even noticeable.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! However, that isn’t much different than just connecting the PPM to an amp + speakers. A more native Sonos integration (ie - all you need is a Sonos speaker) would be fantastic.

4 Likes

Any updates on this particular feature and/or the general software roadmap for the second half of 2020?

3 Likes

Haven’t used the PicoPix Max a lot because there is no Sonos integration. The internal speaker just doesn’t cut it. Please add Sonos

6 Likes

Can we please get some kind of answer here? It’s been 9 months since this thread was started. Is this getting worked on? Thanks

1 Like

I bought a Sonos speaker after ordering my projector because the integration was promised, now there’s silence from Philips. If I had known there wouldn’t be the integration I wouldn’t have bought the Sonos and bought another speaker instead. I haven’t used the projector much because the in built speaker is pretty terrible especially with the fan noise.

Would be great to get some sort of confirmation whether the feature is expected to come in the future or not.

2 Likes

Bump. @Philips_Support_N

BumpBumpBump! @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T

This is one of the main features I wanted and was promised and why I backed it last year! Get it done already!

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt any update? was a promise during the campaign. And now no software updates for at least a mounth. What happends? Is the product allready dead?

I don’t know what’s happening, but I’ll try to find out. I know (fact) the engineering team has been busy working on new devices for next year, but according to me (assumption) also on current devices.

1 Like