The future of PicoPix Max | UI/Features you would like to see

Hi team,

Will there be any further updates to the software? Any further improvements or bug fixes? Any new feature requests from the backlog users submitted? Moving over to the next Android main version following the current one?

Or we can consider it dead, finito, will be as is till it stops working.

11 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_T any comment? Good, bad, doesn’t matter. Something at least is appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello, we are working on a new UI for the launcher but for the moment very busy with the Screeneo U4. As soon as we finish this one we will go back on this.
We are also digging on the bug appearing after 1.30: some customers have some issues with the Auto Focus.

7 Likes

Thank you appreciated, that’s good.

New UI layout would be nice, button control, UX size control.

Any news?

Hello guys, we are currently busy on polishing our new Screeneo U4 but we thought it would be a great idea for you guys to tell us what you would like to see on the new Software iteration.
We are talking about new features, UI refresh…
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to upgrade the OS version nor to install Android TV as previously mentioned (the CPU doesn’t support us). But we are ready to pick up the best ideas and to work on it!

2 Likes

How about allowing digital zoom when using HDMI input e.g. Fire TV Stick?

Hello Patrick, unfortunately this is a hardware change.

I would love to have a “Force stop” option in the context menu of apps in the launcher (in addition to the current “Open” and “Uninstall”), so I can close and restart apps without going into the hidden menu and finding the app in the list.

3 Likes

I would like the home screen to load faster when going back from app and the last app icon selected. Currently it’s completely random as to which app icon is focussed.

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N!

Have you looked in old wish lists, like in this thread?:

I really gave up on saving profiles (including 4-corner correction), but if you could fix that I would not be unhappy.

Regards,
Mattias

1 Like

hello Mattias,
We indeed talked about it at the beginning of the project but unfortunately the CPU doesn’t support it for HDMI/USB-C in.

Hello again,

Yes, I know it does not support it for HDMI/USB-C in, but it could work for internal apps right? So maybe it does not help everyone, but for using say Netflix or any other streaming app on the projector it would still be a good option for some (for me it would still be good anyway).

And perhaps having some setting overlay where you can change brightness without having to go back to main menu? That could work for both internal and external sources - hopefully. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mattias

1 Like
  1. I’d like to be able to add/remove my own background image(s).
  2. Just in case my remote one day breaks or gets lost, I’d like to have easily (by mouse) accessible software alternatives for:
  • the focus button (in the menu I guess)
  • the app-menu-button (like longpress or right mouse button on the app icon)
  • the volume up and down (in the menu) (+mouse wheel when not in any scroll mode)

This sounds like a joke.

Regular updates have been promised. It’s been TEN MONTHS WITHOUT ANY UPDATE. And now you’re saying you are busy with other product? So basically you raised the money, sold a half ready product, and then gave up a development?

5 Likes

Hi Team,

I’ve just recently gotten my hands on a PicoPix Max and have been getting acquainted with the system. Its a really nice bit of kit that seems to be held back a bit by hardware decisions made early in the projects lifecycle.

• It would be great to see a new launcher or a rework of the existing one to make it a bit more efficient. Currently moving between tiles and menus is quite slow.

• This was mentioned previously, but a user preset option for keystone correction and colour adjustment would be very handy. Extra points if HDMI source could get an OSD for colour adjustment (I understand keystone correction is not possible).

• A push to gain Google device certification to enable Google Play Services to work with the device. This appears to be holding back app compatibility, screen casting, etc. Not sure if this a hardware limitation and therefore not doable. Would be nice to get clarification.

Thanks again for actively engaging with your customers here. Looks like is been a interesting project for the development group.

1 Like

I think they only promised 2 years of support and I think it’s already been 2 years. Honestly, I don’t expect anymore updates. Some phones only get 2 years of updates and a very niche product like this ? I don’t think so. But Philips is free to surprise us :slight_smile:

There’s no hope with GMS. It’s up to Google to certify the device which they don’t seem willing to do. It’s the same way Netflix refuses to whitelist this device because it won’t give them money :smiley:

Hello Guys,

Yes we are working on an update and we are asking everyone to give their ideas. For sure we cannot bring GMS (As Google will NEVER certify a projector). and also some features cannot be done as the CPU doesn’t allow it. We will do our best to bring as much feature as possible depending on the capabilities of the CPU.
We will keep you posted ! Now our team is finishing the U4 software and then we will go back to Max.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Would you be willing to share some idea’s the dev teams has for the PPMs next update? Its possible customer expectations might be a little out of sync with deliverables.