V1.0.26 beta available for download

Hi folks,

V1.0.26 beta is available for download here: Download V1.0.26 beta

After downloading, follow steps 2,3,4 as described here: How to do offline software update?

The changes are discussed here China software team is back & v1.0.26

Please download and install offline, and let us know your feedback. If no major problems are found I will release it to the public tomorrow.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I will try this later tonight.
Would it be possible to have it as an OTA though? I thought that was why you got our serial number :sweat_smile:
Some kind of a selective update broadcast from the OTA server.

1 Like

So just to be clear as to what to test / verify: all the points listed in Software Update v1.0.26 is available now are in this update?

#6. Internal android brightness/contrast settings are not the same as HDMI
#9. Text too small, Android UI should be scaled to 2x HiDPI
#11. Don’t run automatic calibration when keystone is enabled
#12. Manual keystone adjustment feature
#18. Netflix crashes when playing certain videos
#23. Automatic keystone correction happens too often even when projector is not moving — this causes momentary stutter in playback.
#24. SD card is reformatted when doing factory reset
#28. Kodi not using hardware acceleration
#31. Apps randomly return to home screen#10. Rename “Horizontal Correction” inside keystone settings to “Calibration”

And a couple of improvements:

• better thermal stability on battery, avoid unnecessary power off
  • better touchpad sensitivity specially multitouch (scrolling)

No, only the following are included:

#10. Rename “Horizontal Correction” inside keystone settings to “Calibration”
#11. Don’t run automatic calibration when keystone is enabled
#23. Automatic keystone correction happens too often even when projector is not moving — this causes momentary stutter in playback.
#24. SD card is reformatted when doing factory reset

And a couple of improvements:

• better thermal stability on battery, avoid unnecessary power off
  • better touchpad sensitivity specially multitouch (scrolling)

But we believe that this last point also solves #31. Apps randomly return to home screen (as being discussed on Random Returning to Home Screen). So those suffering from this issue please test and let me know if it’s solved.

1 Like

Can’t wait to get home to the projector now!

By the way, the download link points to a version=1.0.19, is that correct?

It’s correct, the server will push 1.0.26 when you tell it you have 1.0.19.

It’s to prevent regular people from getting this as OTA automatically, since everyone has either 1.0.24 or 1.0.25.

I changed it to something that makes more sense now.

1 Like

Great! :sunglasses:
Also, is there a roll back / downgrade procedure, and if so, how do we go about it? Would downloading version 1.0.25 by using http://rk-ota.picopix.com/OtaUpdater/android?product=PPX620&version=1.0.21 be possible, and can that be then used on a PPM with 1.0.26 to revert to 1.0.25?

Yep, will work that way.

But I don’t think you’ll need to do it, probably tomorrow I will release it to public.

1 Like

I’m always trying to cover all bases, better to be safe than sorry. I’ll test this evening and give feedback here.

1 Like

I’ve installed the update and so far it did what it needed to do. I’m replying this directly on my PPM and using the touchpad :smiley:
Scrolling still have room for improvements as it still doesn’t work as good as on laptops but maybe that’s on the Android system already. It’s usable enough.
I can’t test the factory reset though as I am not willing to do that and risking my SD card :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe if I have an extra PPM, I can do it…but I didn’t win in the contest. I’m in a bad mood right now. I was already planning on where to use the Screeneo S6 or what to do with an extra PPM :laughing: :joy:

1 Like

@kugiigi just plug a USB or BT keyboard :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I did :wink:
I used a trifold BT keyboard for typing while my PPM is on my desk and using its touchpad for the mouse. I used it like a laptop :grin:

1 Like

nice!

I do the same, I have a Microsoft bt 3-in-1 kb and a logitech 3-in-1 bt mouse that I have paired with the PPM. i have also loaded the android MS office apps.

So along with Netflix, Prime, Emby and Plex, while traveling I have used the PPM as my computer to work on Word docs, spreadsheets and PP slides … very handy, as I am not even bothering to carry my laptop around most of the time.

Will install this new beta tonight !!!

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P: When I start Netflix after the update, it asks if I want to update as there’s a new version found. Is the answer still Cancel to this question, and I should not update it?

1 Like

Never update Netflix! We will update it for you during system updates.

1 Like

Okay, thanks! It lost the account information previously stored so I guess it’s a newer version then?

Same for me. And it feels like I don’t get 1080p anymore but it could also be just my internet :sweat_smile:
I can’t get to 1080p with the Test Pattern because it crashes before I even get to 540p.

Update went fine and smartYouTube and HDMI Input is still working - So for me the important features.

So far so good, not seen any new issues, only feature I haven’t tested is a factory reset and the possible SD card reformat that ensues.

One thing I noticed during testing is that the wording in the Custom Timed Shutdown feature feels a bit odd: it says that you have to select the Hour, I would say that Time selection or Countdown Time selection would be a better wording, since you can select anything from a minute.