Working external battery pack?

45W probably means 15V/3.0A, which should be good for almost any use case with the PPX. It’s not enough power for presentation mode and there’s not much power left for trickle charge when in normal mode. Otherwise is should be fine, as long as it negotiates with the PPX. Apparently it does, since he reported it as working.

It seems as if the 15V/3.0A battery packs are the best bet for most PPX users. There seems to be very few battery packs out there that support the 15V/4.0A of the PPX charger.

1 Like

What about this one ?
i want to pull the trigger on this but im afraid it wont work

1 Like

15V/3A is totaly enough to work and quite fast charge at the same time in normal mode. Tested by myself with xiaomi powerbank mi pro 45W

so the baseus will do the job ?

Yes, but you will not use it full power so I think better to buy cheaper 45W
https://m.pl.aliexpress.com/item/32976052401.html?pid=808_0016_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32976052401&aff_trace_key=989fe0dd97cf4e30b6a1f89a490b9337-1589481846575-05365-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=3552amp-CP_M-MMphAkVo7XiA4RSNw1590148982568&browser_id=29725b7ad00f4c34ab552dcf342e0b48&is_c=N

Just tried this one and it works! 21 Euros!

1 Like

Pretty sure this one should work, too bad they don’t sell a DC to USB C cable on their site as with that option both voltage and amp is adjustable , but never fear you can just plug your ppm power brick directly in to it’s full size wall outlet, too bad the price tag is on the high end and they don’t ship to Australia, but the rest of you might want to check it out, I think it’s great if you can get lots of other uses out of it besides the ppm.

https://www.omnicharge.co/products/omni-20/?fbclid=IwAR3wfJN2X9sEqr49kAuZdngOnqxBVNfPdgAx1yF5-5Er80oA1idO2cgZ1KQ#!

Well the goal for me is to extend to screen time in presentation mode to several hours if possible…

When I performed the power measurements here PPM Power requirement the PPM definitely stayed below 3A in presentation mode if you started out will a fully charged battery. A 100Wh may extend the runtime in presentation mode by up to 2.5 hours (power consumption around 40W including video playback), so it definitely sounds possible.

1 Like

Thanks @wernerj :blush:
Any suggestions?

That depends on how many hours “several” is :slight_smile:

Hi All, just saw the complete chain for this discussion…and now confused which one is tested and compatible and which one is not :crazy_face: :flushed:

My suggestion, why don’t we make a ‘tested’ and ‘compatible’ list of Power Banks working with PPM. @Philips_Support_3 @PhilipsNono @IvoGrijt

2 Likes

Hi are you able to run the ppm in presentation mode using powerbank charge ?

Hello just looking at this thread I need 15v = 3A @ 45w with a 3A power cable to charge the Max.
Would just like confirmation before buying

Cheers

Robin

1 Like

Yes, 15V >= 3A indeed.

1 Like

Hello
Just bought a battery pack that should work and the ppm will not charge off it, any idea?

Seeing the output 15v 3a, it should work… Are you using a (good) usb-c to usb-c cable? The regular usb-a provides only 5v at 2.4a.
I’m using Power Bank VoltHub Enterprise 20.000mAh - 4smarts - Gadgets & More 4smart People that in theory should output up to 100W, but if it uses 15v 3a, its 45W for the projector. I didn’t find a combination of good/affordable/easily purchased battery pack at 15v 4a as Philips recommends, so I bought a higher powere one, but not sure what output the PD protocol they negociate at, probably still 45W only.

Hello I’m using a good 3 party cable well above the spec but tested with the ppm supplied one and it started working, I use the othere cable plugged into the mains and it works.
Either way it’s resolved I will just keep the original with the power bank.

Thanks for your help

Robin

3 Likes

This Powerbank works very well with the PPM:

Using this Cable:

How are you feeling about the last two updates on the flash power bank ? Not sure about you but even if I receive it, I still feel regret backing this creator, I honestly don’t trust their updates with the price of shipping and can’t believe so many are gullible to pay extra for it when it’s the most expensive power bank already