New Users Start Here

Hi @LaRichy,

You can follow the steps @williammuk has summarised above :

1 Like

Tnx!

Hello there,

I have finally got my PPM and am looking forward to enjoying it but this is my first projector and I am a total newbie. Apart from the advice given above, I have a few questions:

1. I have tried to broadcast my laptop on the PPM by linking both with the USB-C cable, but the PPM states that there is no signal: how come?

2. How can I wirelessly i) broadcast my laptop on the PPM and ii) broadcast the laptop’s sound on my bluetooth hifi soundsystem? Should the image be sent to the PPM and the sound to the soundsystem, or should both be sent to the PPM and the PPM paired to the soundsystem via bluetooth? Is this possible?

3. I understand that if the PPM is not directly facing the wall, there is no automatic correction of corners, and they should be adapted manually. Is this correct?

Many thanks for your help

Anatole

1. Are you sure your laptop supports video out through USB-C? If it doesn’t, it won’t work and you have to resort to other options. Edit: apparently, it needs to support alt-DP mode specifically, see here.

2. i) Wireless casting from your laptop depends completely on what your laptop supports. Do you know?
    ii) Does your amplifier/receiver have bluetooth support? Have you paired your laptop with it? If the BT audio works like this, you might be able to get both audio and video at the same time. However, there’s no use in trying to get BT audio from the PPM while using an external A/V source. That won’t work. If you want to use an external video source with BT audio, you need to separate the audio before the signal reaches the PPM.

3. Yes, that is correct.

3 Likes

Many thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay.

1. How can I know this? My laptop does have a USB-C port on the side. I’ve googled the issue and tried to switch, in the Windows “project menu” from “PC screen only” to “duplicate” but it did not solve the problem.

The specs on Lenovo’s website do not cover connectivity IdeaPad,ideapad 330-15ICH,Model:81FK0049FR but another website states that the usb/c port is 3.1 (I don’t know if this helps https://www.laptopspirit.fr/225451/lenovo-ideapad-330-15ich-a-606e-pc-portable-15-full-gtx-1050-quad-i5-coffee.html)

1. I managed to cast the laptop through the casting option dedicated to smartphones, but the image was compressed and of very bad quality. When I try to detect wireless projectors from my laptop, the PPM does not appear. However, when I scan for bluetooth devices, it does and I managed to pair the laptop and the PPM, but on windows no option is available regarding the PPM.
    On the amplifier: yes it does support bluetooth and eg I manage to cast the sound of my phone and laptop.

2. OK thanks.

Edit: do you think an HDMI cable would fix the issue?

Many thanks for your help on this.

Anatole

If your laptop has HDMI out, using HDMI is almost certainly a safer bet. Without knowing exactly what your laptop supports, it’s hard to say whether you can use USB-C to connect it to PPM or not.

2 Likes

OK thank you. Is there a way though to link the laptop to the PPM wirelessly? Is it through bluetooth or wifi?

I am also looking for the full user manual but cannot find it on the philips support page. Does it exist?

It was being worked on, should be done soon.

Just to update that recently Philips has published the User Manual on their website.

I finally got my PPM yesterday :smiley: and it generally works well but I have some issues which I would like some advice on:

1. Is there no way for movies from apps to be cast via Airplay until I use a lightning to HDMI adapter? I decided to download the apps on to PPM and that helps but it’s disappointing that Airplay can’t be used except to mirror the iPhone or iPad.

2. Can I update the individual apps (except Netflix?) as some apps that came with PPM do not set permission to do so? Should I overwrite the settings and update the apps or wait for software update from Philips?

3. When connecting to a laptop via a USB-c cable, the projection of a movie seems smaller than what is displayed on the laptop. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Look forward to your help. Thank you!

Hi, welcome!

1. Screen Mirroring not working. iOS

2. Yes, you can update like that. Best however is to use Aptoide store and update the apps from there, that way you only need to set the permissions for the Aptoide store.

3. Check your resolution settings in Windows 10.

Thank you for your help!

Regarding pt 3, do I get my laptop (it’s a macbook) to mirror my projector’s resolution or my projector to mirror my laptop’s resolution to get a better projection?

You can both screen mirror and use AirPlay with a Mac or even set it up and extend and use the ppm as a separate display wirelessly

Cool! Will give it a try! Thanks!

Hi @IvoGrijt,

I updated an app (Disney +) yesterday and now it does not work. Is there anyway to revert back to the previous working version?

Thank you.

Hi @IvoGrijt,

It’s ok now. I managed to fix it by uninstalling and downloading the earlier version via the Aptoide Store.

1 Like

Hi, I´m a new user. I wonder if I have to create an Aptoide account?

No, not needed IIRC

Ok, sorry everyone, I have now received the PPM, I must admit it looks and feels quality, apologies for venting my frustration with the waiting time on here, I did manage to get it here in France is there a specific process i need to follow now? As I am old fashioned I have plugged it in tonight for an overnight charge (don’t laugh we had to do it back then with old batteries) so I was just wondering what to do next tomorrow? Any specific order I must follow? I have wifi here. We are on our 3rd bottle of wine now outside so no updates tonight:D:D:D I do realise this must have been answered before but I would appreciate a pointer as to how to watch a movie tomorrow outside. I promise to send pictures of the setting and the device:D

1 Like
  1. Read the Guides, it’s on top of this page and all pages on this forum

2. Do not update the Netflix app

3. And if you got some time to spare and want to know everything, you never knew you wanted to know about the PPX, then read the manual below.