Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad and Scroll Wheel

I will buy one to test and see if usable with ppm. William tested with the i4 - usable but without InfraRed learning.

1 Like

Nope. I’m using Bluetooth only.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth:
The auto-focus on the Philips Airmote seems to be bound to the code for the ‘help’ key.
Any remote having a ‘help’ key might be able to do auto-focus.

Alternatively, maybe Philips could include an additional key-code for auto-focus?

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will try.

Yeah, I had suggested allowing us to map a function key combo to activate auto-focus in this post. Please help to up vote.

1 Like

I just tested F1 to F12. Also combinations of those with Ctrl and Shift and Alt keys. None activated the auto-focus :frowning:

My interest in getting one of these remote/keyboards is to hopefully replace the airmote , as you all have said be able to do auto focus etc, otherwise the other option is hopefully all the major apps can be navigated with the airmote easily enough so we can just stick with the airmote, one of my suggestions was to be able to use the arrow keys to navigate where ever the mouse is needed, Cursor control options
while these remotes are useful but I’m sure none of us wants to carry and juggle 2 remotes

I’m using only this Rii i4 now. I don’t use the AirMote anymore. Navigation can be accomplished via the arrow keys, trackpad and scroll wheel.

The two buttons on the AirMote - Power and Auto Focus - are not found on the Rii i4.

For power ON, I press the button on the PPMax itself because it is on the coffee table next to me. But I can see how this can be a problem for those who mount it on the ceiling. For power OFF, I go to settings > Power > Shutdown.

As for Auto Focus, I’m not very worried now because my projector is pretty much at the same location. But @Philips_Support_P did mentioned that a future update will have the Auto Focus function available via the main screen. So that will resolve the need to rely on the AirMote in the future.

5 Likes

Think this might work with the picopix max?

You can use it without the dongle ubs with the ppm ?

The product isn’t for sale yet, and there are very few tech specs available on that site. In one of the GIFs I saw a Bluetooth symbol flash for a moment, which probably means that it’s using BT and wouldn’t require a dongle with the PPX620.

how many metters for use this remote ? The bluetooth range is good ?

I have been using my Rii i4 for a month now connected to PPMax via Bluetooth. Using about 2 to 3 hours every night usually VLC Player or YouTube. After using for about 2 weeks, the trackpad became not responsive even though the buttons worked fine. I thought the device was faulty. Fortunately, it was only because the battery was weak. Plugging it to the charger and the trackpad immediately worked fine again. This happened again last night. So I am quite sure that the battery can only last about 2 weeks of about 2-3 hours of use each night and need to be charged again. When not in use, I turn off the power switch on the Rii i4 so it is not on standby power when I am not using it.

3 Likes

Your report, convinced me to buy this keyboard “Rii i4 Mini Bluetooth Keyboard” and I am very satisfied with the purchase and the multiple possibilities to use it also with other devices. Thank you very much!

4 Likes

I bought another airmouse remote with IR recording feature and with mini keyboard at the back. Backlighted too. Waiting for it to arrive. Will provide my feedback then.

I think the philips airmote power button and Auto-focus button are with IR signaling. If it’s true, this remote should be able to ‘learn’ the function.

1 Like

Have you received this yet? give us an update when you do thanks.

1 Like

Hello @williammuk, the i4 mini looks very interesting and I’ve gone ahead and ordered it. Unfortunately, I’ve just realized my PPM Bluetooth is defective. The range for a connected Bluetooth audio device is maximum 3 ft. Any further and it disconnects. I was wondering if you tried using the 2.4 GHz dongle that comes along with the i4 mini to see if it works on the PPM? This is the only way I imagine I will be able to connect.

1 Like

Well… My ppm unit now out of focus… But I think I can still provide you feedback when new remote arrive.

I know for a fact that the current airmote power and Auto-focus button has IR because I factory reset the ppm before and noticed both buttons still works (without Bluetooth pairing)

3 Likes

But bro… Two weeks to replace battery is too high power consumption… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Thanks, what are none of them with rechargeable batteries?

1 Like

This one has rechargeable batteries. Looks premium but I decided to test another cheaper remote first (which requires two AAA batteries)…

Check it out :

EDIT: you need to expand the link below to see the pictures of the remote

1 Like